It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Of Hogwarts Is Real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I tend to subscribe to the school of thought that if an alien can disapparate, it's probably more to do with misunderstood technology than the fact that he attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Sure I could be wrong, but it's just a hunch I have.

Don't tell me I need to deny ignorance Furbs, just because I feel aliens are more technologically advanced than us rather than magical. That's how religions start.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just as I thought it was going to be, in depth and totally believable. Also thoroughly entertaining. I particularly like the section on the MIB. I wish I was a wizard

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
I tend to subscribe to the school of thought that if an alien can disapparate, it's probably more to do with misunderstood technology than the fact that he attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Sure I could be wrong, but it's just a hunch I have.

Don't tell me I need to deny ignorance Furbs, just because I feel aliens are more technologically advanced than us rather than magical. That's how religions start.

I get where you are coming from, and you could totally be right.

However, I think it is naive to rule out the possibility that someone that can control the forces of magic would use that magic to make us believe that someone else with more technology than us (since we fear technology more than magic these days) are out there visiting our planet.

Thanks for the continuing contributions.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyb3rR3v0luti0nary
Just as I thought it was going to be, in depth and totally believable. Also thoroughly entertaining. I particularly like the section on the MIB. I wish I was a wizard

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I wish I knew some wizards to help with my chores!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You're not completely wrong. There were some real mistakes in Harry Potter. I cringe when I see a wizard hold his wand with his right hand, as there are no right handed wizards. Magic is real, bit does not work how you think it does. It is not like it is in the movies. As to the animals, you see with your mind, you don't see with your eyes. If you did the world would be a very different place.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
You're not completely wrong. There were some real mistakes in Harry Potter. I cringe when I see a wizard hold his wand with his right hand, as there are no right handed wizards. Magic is real, bit does not work how you think it does. It is not like it is in the movies. As to the animals, you see with your mind, you don't see with your eyes. If you did the world would be a very different place.

Great points about the mistakes Hollywood made!

That is a retelling of a retelling, mistakes are bound to happen, friend!

Sure, the ability to see some animals is affected by your mind's perception, like the Thestrils that you can only see if you have witnessed death!

Thanks for reading and contributing to the thread!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The evidence provided from the OP is crap. Have anything that wasn't written by JK Rowling? You put a lot of time into this, but your sources are fictional books. Everything else is strictly opinion, and you appear to use Harry Potter as evidence.

Wizards might have killed JFK? Uh, need a source for that. Abe Lincoln was fighting with vampires? That needs a source too. You say wizards in real life act as they do in Harry Potter, and then back it up by saying in Harry Potter wizards met with the Prime Minister, as if it has any base in reality?

Seriously, I appreciate the time put into this, but do you have any real, concrete source based in reality for any of this?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This was a well written, thought out post. I also want to state that I enjoyed it.

I read the Harry Potter books and thought you were going to just say its version is real. I am very glad you didn't.

I can't say for certain I believe this, my mind is mulling it over at the moment.

I did experience an incident with someone who said he was a druid, and after the incident, I believed him.

I was in job corps at the time and he was one of my roommates. It was after lights out and I couldn't sleep so I just laid their with my eyes open. All of a sudden this whispy smoke looking blob of air (its hard to explain) flew up from his bed and moved around the room then went to another roommate. The over the following week that person was really out of character and had to be removed.

I mentioned the smoke thing and he said, "Wow, I didn't think anyone was awake and not sure if anything happened. Its good to know I am still being favored."

And with that we talked about druidism and magic and stuff. I could tell he was holding back, only giving me a vanilla response, but after that I truly believed in magic.

He gave me some dire warnings about will power and the real possibility of getting in over my head as well as mentioning that unless I went "all in" that I probably wouldn't experience anything on my own. I decided not to ask what all in meant as I had no real desire to do to others what he appeared to do to someone. *BTW the guy was not nice, so it was peaceful after he left, but still a creepy experience.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
The evidence provided from the OP is crap. Have anything that wasn't written by JK Rowling? You put a lot of time into this, but your sources are fictional books. Everything else is strictly opinion, and you appear to use Harry Potter as evidence.

I assure you, Voynich Manuscript is an actual document.

Wizards might have killed JFK? Uh, need a source for that. Abe Lincoln was fighting with vampires? That needs a source too. You say wizards in real life act as they do in Harry Potter, and then back it up by saying in Harry Potter wizards met with the Prime Minister, as if it has any base in reality?

As is the accounting of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.

Seriously, I appreciate the time put into this, but do you have any real, concrete source based in reality for any of this?

This is in Skunkworks for a reason, friend. You will find that this thread has a lot more evidentiary backing than most of the other stuff posted here.

edit on 9-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Wow, what a great story!

These are the types of things that when added up really cart to paint the picture that just maybe magic is real!

Thanks for contributing!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

I assure you, Voynich Manuscript is an actual document.

As is the accounting of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.

This is in Skunkworks for a reason, friend. You will find that this thread has a lot more evidentiary backing than most of the other stuff posted here.

edit on 9-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

Yes the Voynich Manuscript is real, yet possibly a hoax created by Edward Kelley.

Vampire Hunter was written by Laurell Hamilton, a self professed fantasy writer.

I do believe the reality we see isn't real, or rather nearly the complete reality. I do believe in ET's, and believe they are inter dimensional and can travel by folding space/time, which would also mean they can time travel. Did giants or elves exist here at one time, or possibly still exist on another plane? Possible. There is interesting reading on that.

I actually think you might by mistaking the possibility of wizards for something else. Only possibility is that there's another plane/dimension/universe they might exist in, yet I've not once heard wizards brought up in astral travel or heavy meditation of any kind. The manuscript is the only decent source you provided, and while it could very well be real, it is an enormous jump to tie wizards into it.

So, do you have any real sources describing wizards? Mythological beasts might have roamed the earth at one time, but again, you just jumped ahead and said wizards control them. Pure fantasy without a single credibly source.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

OH hogwarts. How i wish it were really true. Although one wonders if one day evidence will be found to actually find things normally unseen by humans eyes. Would you want to see things best left unseen for a reason or know whats hidden? The answers might drive you mad.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Yes the Voynich Manuscript is real, yet possibly a hoax created by Edward Kelley.

I accept the possibility that it may be a hoax. My supposition in this essay, though, is that it is an authentic document.

Vampire Hunter was written by Laurell Hamilton, a self professed fantasy writer.

Many times throughout history, books are written to tell a true story yet are "fictionalized" to keep from being censored or create outcry. Could this book be one of the times that this happened? I have no evidence that detracts from that theory.

I do believe the reality we see isn't real, or rather nearly the complete reality. I do believe in ET's, and believe they are inter dimensional and can travel by folding space/time, which would also mean they can time travel. Did giants or elves exist here at one time, or possibly still exist on another plane? Possible. There is interesting reading on that.

I actually think you might by mistaking the possibility of wizards for something else. Only possibility is that there's another plane/dimension/universe they might exist in, yet I've not once heard wizards brought up in astral travel or heavy meditation of any kind. The manuscript is the only decent source you provided, and while it could very well be real, it is an enormous jump to tie wizards into it.

You may be mistaken about Aliens not being Wizards.
I may be mistaken about Aliens being Wizards.
We both may be mistaken and nothing is going on.

You ask for evidence of my claims than bring up your own beliefs devoid of evidence. While I am not asking for evidence of your claims, I am merely pointing out that there is -zero- evidence of your claims of 'aliens' folding space, and -some- for my theories, based on the manuscript, the timelines I suggest, and the supposition that brave authors risked their lives to tell stories to help free us from the lies.

So, do you have any real sources describing wizards? Mythological beasts might have roamed the earth at one time, but again, you just jumped ahead and said wizards control them. Pure fantasy without a single credibly source.

Again, this is Skunksworks. I have given you the sources. You choose not to believe them. That is your choice. There are many books, bestiaries of European and Chinese animals for centuries ago detailing dragons, unicorns, and giant squid. It was only recently that giant squid were confirmed to be real creatures! Could they be the only ones that have been hidden from us for so long?

I think it is naive to think so.

Thanks for your continued contributions.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

OH hogwarts. How i wish it were really true. Although one wonders if one day evidence will be found to actually find things normally unseen by humans eyes. Would you want to see things best left unseen for a reason or know whats hidden? The answers might drive you mad.

I agree, Hogwarts would be a great school to attend! However, I think it is a fictionalized account of actual wizarding schools. The number of student in the books is all screwy. Sometimes there are more and others there are less. You wouldn't think the numbers would fluctuate as much as they do from year to year.

The schools are probably more like secular schools, only smaller. Perhaps they are using the one room school house method we used to use back in the day…

For me, I think I would rather be unaware of the dangers that I could do nothing to prevent. I mean, if something is going to kill you and you could do nothing to stop it, would you really want to know? Tough call.

Thanks for reading and posting.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Years ago I read an interview with J.K Rowling and she said something along the lines of the whole story of Harry Potter pretty much completely formed just popped into her head one day when she was riding a train to somewhere. I had a passing thought about it being planted there by a wizard. After all who really knows right?

Great post though, I enjoyed the read thanks!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
wow. at first I was like.
THIS IS GONNA BE CRAYYY

but you've got a lot of support for it. and if we can believe in different dimensions, then maybe this is happening. but perhaps on a different plane or dimension (sorry my terminology is probably off on that plane/dimension stuff.

very good! I can tell you put a lot of thought and work into this!

kudos!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

This also goes with the story arch of the Charmed Series and my own spiritual path. There are so many hidden things in my own path that I might never be done gathering all the information. There's a lot of power in some of the tools that are made by Wizards. I'm actually a sorcerer, but anyway, I use magic for my personal gains and have made several tools that were hidden from me and gaining that knowledge really set my teachers in a rut. I was actually barred from contact with them, but it's no obstacle in gaining further knowledge.

Even if this knowledge was handed out, it's not likely to be believed like what happened with my starting a thread about summoning and commanding demons. That's probably why Wizards aren't on here trying to stop those thread throwing open their secret world. This thread itself is exposing them. Once you are able to see the magical world, it never goes away. I had a friend over and we made magical rings blessed by some of the demons I call upon for favors and they really showed us their powers by sending my friend into a crazed state because he couldn't handle the power. I bet this sort of stuff happens when Muggles try to use magical tools. I even lent out my book so a friend could read it and better understand me in true Charmed Tradition. I let a new friend in on my secret. He's now opening up to the magical world and is freaking out. Muggles are just too blind to ever comprehend what is being hidden with good reason. I'm actually becoming adept at catching wizards or magical people with my sixth sense.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Nice work, a well written thread filled with and inspiring a data flow from members. As for hidden witches and wizards and witards (if wizhes were witards we'd all be wizitch champions), it seems nowadays real information can be laid out plainly, although it still takes the (wo)man-hours to get somewhere without leaving there.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It is interesting as a comparison thread but I wouldn't relate it all to wizards. A lot of people are witches but there is no world we can slip in and out of unless you count Astral Projecting. Harry Potter is a good series but it's not our world. The creatures and some things they've used in the series are taken from real things that exist though. There are things that like to stay hidden but they arn't people like us.

Also, I would most definitely not call the Men in Black a wizard. I've read both The Mothman Prophecies and The Real Men in Black books and these things are far more strange and dangerous then just making sure we don't see what we are not meant to see. They don't want us seeing anything to do with UFO's or aliens or even crypt-ids and mysterious of the earth....conspiracies....ect. They are not harmless either, they have been known to kill people for not complying and keeping their files on stuff they should not have. One man they had warned multiple times was found dead and missing his heart like it just 'vanished'.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
Years ago I read an interview with J.K Rowling and she said something along the lines of the whole story of Harry Potter pretty much completely formed just popped into her head one day when she was riding a train to somewhere. I had a passing thought about it being planted there by a wizard. After all who really knows right?

Great post though, I enjoyed the read thanks!

This was my thought as well. She claims to have had the entire plot of seven books laid out in her mind even before she wrote them. That is a lot of narrative to simply come up with at one time! Thanks for reading, I am glad you enjoyed the essay.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join