It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should be able to vote mods out of office.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Gwampo

They are still members though and, like you or I, free to comment in any thread they choose. The only thing they can't do apparently, like you or I, is moderate that thread after commenting in it. That's a Mod's rule to avoid the whole question of bias.

ETA Perhaps my humour is off today because I am so exuberant. I have been offered a job and it's the answer to all my prayers. 3 years of being unemployed and facing a swift eviction was the old prospect. Well, the eviction may come still but at least I now have work.

edit on 10/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

WONDERFUL!! Truly Im happy for you! Hope you do well and get things on track asap!!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Kidding right? we have all had our problem with the mods, but are you not glad they do what they do??? Are you upset that someone deleted one of your posts where you curse and insult people? I'm thankful for the mods. Thanks guys! I know nobody is perfect and you can't please everybody, but I think they genuinely try and care.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thank you, Dutch people are so nice.
Nothing wrong with England but Holland is better to me and I'd hate to leave, I'm settled here but just fell on very bad times. Now those times are history and I can keep on with keeping on. Organic herbs and spices, (no really people, the edible kind, black nigella, cayenne, bengali pepper, black peppers, paprika, cumin, coriander, fenugreek, rosemary, turmeric, mint, bay leaves (the laurel bush/wreath), "healthy" tobacco (it's US tobacco, Natural American Spirit) and a vegetarian pacifist liberal coffee loving diet. I like to hug trees, talk to the wind and stare at the sky, but only after a good organic meal and a nice cup of coffee with a cigarette. (Hint: Can't afford Brandy (Cognac) and Cigars yet...)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I feel that if there was some way to do this fairly that it would be helpful, I too have a MOD who from time to time deletes a post or reply of mine. It is always the same mod. I almost always feel that it is unfair. I would definately vote him out.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by remyrange

Rest assured my Vatican-Consecrated Holy Water loaded, pistol-grip pump-action, tinfoil reinforced Super Soaker has your Six friend. You say the word...? The word is bird.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I seen one close a thread about that Martin situation. The thread was talking about how that guy didn't have any bruises on his face when he was arrested, the mod closed it and advised to go to a different thread that had nothing to do whatsoever about the guy's face. So yeah I agree they do close alot of threads that they shouldn't.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What I'm seeing here is a smattering of genuine 'mod envy' .

anyway,

THREAD CLOSED

please contribute to an existing thread on this topic - thank you.

( sorry sorry sorry sorry )

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
im not saying the mods are aliens.... but

the mods are aliens

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by schuyler

Flags are equal in weight to applause?????????????

WHAT?

That is correct. An applause can gain you 500 points, but only counts as a single "applause" with the same value as a single flag. Points aren't used much these days. You can gain points, or lose them for being a bad boy, but they don't feed into either Karma or Wats scores at all.
edit on 4/10/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Things are fine just the way they are. Sometimes we need a powertripping mod to exert their otherworldly powers over us.

I, for one, enjoy a piece of humble pie now and then.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ive had it out with a couple mods on here from time to time, and cant even count how many posts I have had removed
Most that have been removed were probably for a good reason, a few seem that I have been censored without good cause, and am not afraid to U2U the mod to ask specifically why. Usually I get an intelligent answer, sometimes I get a hold of one of the gestapo who gives no reason other than "Because" which I hate. The mods on here for the most part have a tough job I believe, and some have done a great job, and are a credit to this site, and of course their are a couple on here that should be demoted. I would say though if I had to vote for a mod on here it would be AshleyD, that girl has a real good head on her shoulders, and has a good heart. Those are the types of mods we need around here. There are a few more I really respect around here, and I thank them for helping make this site what it is...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Vote for Me - 12m8keall2c

Off the island ... The tribe has spoken ...

NO!!.

You applauded me twice.......in the same WEEK once I think.

You stay......everyone else can take a hike.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsychology909
What I'm seeing here is a smattering of genuine 'mod envy' .

anyway,

THREAD CLOSED

please contribute to an existing thread on this topic - thank you.

( sorry sorry sorry sorry )

you are very right. I see this quite often. and what really errks me about it is, I come to ATS to see the headlines and choose from there. I don't want to sit on search, and compare to see if there are existing threads already made from a week ago. I don't come here everyday, and don't like to spend too much time on search for topics to read.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Although I had and still have my fair share of mod-fighting...

First, a private owned forum is not a democracy.

Second democracy is a failed system (or model) by concept.

So..... this thread is nonsense. - Now this is a good thread to delete, mods... you delete so many nice threads, yet you let this one float... I'm confused.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here is the danger.

If Mod knows we will ban them forever when we get the chance, then, if they do anything, they must permanently get rid of us, so as to protect themselves. No more warnings...

Although to here them tell it they are so abused who would want a job like that.

I think there is only one mod that picks on me.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Although I had and still have my fair share of mod-fighting...

First, a private owned forum is not a democracy.

Second democracy is a failed system (or model) by concept.

So..... this thread is nonsense. - Now this is a good thread to delete, mods... you delete so many nice threads, yet you let this one float... I'm confused.

Whats wrong with giving suggestions? It seems some people do have issues. Mcdonalds isn't a democracy but they still have a suggestion box to make your experience better.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
green eyed leo for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
green eyed leo for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah shucks ferris....

edit on April 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In a way, you CAN vote us out. Just use the complaint feature. This allows all staff to judge actions, and if there is enough improper action by any mod, then yes, folks have been de-modded before. Granted, in the first place, mods are chosen based on their board actions, behavior, contributions, etc., so it's pretty rare that this is the case....the vetting process is pretty good (except somehow they let me in...), but still, anything can happen.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Obviously a mix up in the brochure. (notice the clouds)
should read

View from the cabin window of the Overlord Aero-1
Base Camp J
down by the river

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join