It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should be able to vote mods out of office.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
With any position of power I'm sure being a mod can also give you a power trip.

I think we should be able to vote mods out of office once a year.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
They are not elected positions. They are appointed. You don't get a vote. You are not in charge. In fact, this thread may very well disappear within a few short minutes.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

That's just too much power man!

Besides they volunteer, not run for election. Now should we be able to voice a constructive opinion of them or their actions? Yes, imo. I suppose u2 in' the owners with a complaint would be similar.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And burn them on a stake too?

They have a job to do that doesnt always win them votes so I wonder how many would be left after a year

I'll give a vote to ask the animals coz I like his/her comments. I wont mention those that I'd burn

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

As a poster above said they're appointed by the site owners. It's their job. Why would you want to vote them out? Have you had a run in?
edit on 9/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

As the poster above said they're appointed by the site owners. It's theyre job. Why would you want to vote them out? Have you had a run in?

I'm mostly playing around, although I swear ONE mod whom I will not mention always seems to close my threads, or closes threads with really interesting discussions. Oh well. Carry on.
edit on 9-4-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I know this is a joke, or I hope it is.

But maybe for a fun little competition for election year...maybe the staff can have an "election" for one lowly member to be a mod for a year (or month, or whatever).

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You cant say "im playing around" than say, "there is this one mod". Which one and why?? I am sure they can come in this thread and have a reasonable conversation. They aren't "that bad".

And I agree with Outkast *ducks* that would be pretty funny to see how those who think it is easy to Mod these forums actually gives it a try for a whole year. I doubt they would last a week.

edit on 9-4-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I say we should be allowed to vote on who owns the site...oh hang on..now that's taking democracy and captilism to the extreme....

But in all fairness and i understand your joking around, mods do end up getting the short of the stick, sure sometimes they screw up and sometimes they are a god send, but sometimes they need to be around just to pull that ear from someone who's about to go off the deep end and yes, i have been ats gangster slapped afew times and although i kinda like the kinky side of slapping...lol...i feel its with good intentions in what they are doing, but sometimes as all humans, they do, do mistakes. This is why i suggest to the owners that they should do away with human moderators and allow computer ai mods to do the work. Hold on, scratch that idea..., id rather see a u2u from a hottie mod telling me to "behave" rather than a u2u from a bad ass mod telling me to "chill out" ...wouldn't you ?

ca

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
As has been said, They're appointed, not elected. And I'm glad we don't get a vote. There wouldn't be any mods left in less than a month. Add to that they don't get paid anything for putting up with our crap.

Not a job I would want(Not that they would want me anyway). Skeptic Overlord must be quite the smooth talker is all I can say.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Good luck with that

But you know the site isn't funded through tax dollars or government owned and being a private company means it doesn't belong to us members in any way.

The most you could argue for (and very likely not receive) is that one mod is nominated by members. Perhaps a variation could be that a number of nominee members put themselves forward, the rest of the membership has one vote and administrators or existing mods have a number of votes. Or that nominees are vetted by ATS already and we ordinary members vote on them

Its too much trouble to be seriously considered though. The possible benefit for those that run the site is increased loyalty from members who feel that they have a serious say in ATS...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think we should be able to vote off people who create dumb post.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
I think we should be able to vote off people who create dumb post.

I think this post is dumb.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

You cant say "im playing around" than say, "there is this one mod". Which one and why?? I am sure they can come in this thread and have a reasonable conversation. They aren't "that bad".

And I agree with Outkast *ducks* that would be pretty funny to see how those who think it is easy to Mod these forums actually gives it a try for a whole year. I doubt they would last a week.

edit on 9-4-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

No really, I realize this is a privately owned site if I don't like it I can go somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Good luck with that

But you know the site isn't funded through tax dollars or government owned and being a private company means it doesn't belong to us members in any way.

The most you could argue for (and very likely not receive) is that one mod is nominated by members. Perhaps a variation could be that a number of nominee members put themselves forward, the rest of the membership has one vote and administrators or existing mods have a number of votes. Or that nominees are vetted by ATS already and we ordinary members vote on them

Its too much trouble to be seriously considered though. The possible benefit for those that run the site is increased loyalty from members who feel that they have a serious say in ATS...

You didn't read about ATS being run by the government? Maybe my tax dollars do pay for it. lol

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Mod survivor! LOL!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have... *IMMUNITY* 4 evah !!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I was thinking along the lines of project runway myself.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Toolatetotalk

I am very glad that we [ATS] don't have that feature.I know
that someone would vote me off.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Its impossible to get rid of members with cat avatars. You are immune.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join