It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racially motivated? Two white's shoot-to-kill several black people in twisted revenge scheme.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Is this the 'race war' we've all been warned about? Is this the shot heard 'round the world, so to speak? Some conservative blogs seem to be downplaying the racial element, when to my eyes its a pretty clear cut hatecrime.

"Today is two years that my dad has been gone shot by a [expletive] [racial epithet]," Mr England wrote on Thursday. "It's hard not to go off between that and sheran I'm gone in the head."

Shortly after Friday's shootings, Mr England reportedly posted again on Facebook: "People talking [expletive] on me for some [expletive] I didn't do it just mite be the time to call it quits... I hate to say it like that but I'm done if something does happen tonight be ready for another funeral later."

From the BBC

I now see a number of other threads dealing with matter. I didn't see one here, but I didn't use the search function either. Mods, feel free to delete if necessary.

edit on 9-4-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
pretty sure there are threads on this- wasn't the dude Native American, this "white" description is getting pretty expansive these days..........

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
pretty sure there are threads on this- wasn't the dude Native American, this "white" description is getting pretty expansive these days..........

Latino and Native American are the new white when its convenient to the media. I'm sure the native american guy would have issues being called white. lol

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Your thread is laid out better with more info and easier to read that the other threads on this particular topic I say keep it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm white. I have red hair, green eyes, and I burn in the sun. But my father is half Innuit, does that make me non-white in the eyes of the majority of our society? The only folks who would see me as a non-white are supremacist types, and to hell with them anyway. Being mixed race doesn't make you non-white, if you chose to identify as a white man.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

I'm white. I have red hair, green eyes, and I burn in the sun. But my father is half Innuit, does that make me non-white in the eyes of the majority of our society? The only folks who would see me as a non-white are supremacist types, and to hell with them anyway. Being mixed race doesn't make you non-white, if you chose to identify as a white man.

pretty sure this fella self identified as native american........

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Jacob England is reportedly Native American.

Source

England is a Native American who has also described himself as white. Jefferson is black.

Source

“White” Suspect in Racist Shooting Spree, Jake England, is an American Indian—but Like George Zimmerman, He’s White Enough for the MSM

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Latino and Native American are the new white when its convenient to the media. I'm sure the native american guy would have issues being called white. lol

If only people could be people without an ethnicity attached to them, would we still hate those with a slightly different pigmentation of skin? How crazy does it have to get, at this rate racism 50 years from now will be based on how much sun you get as the sun is what changes your skin pigmentation, not your ethnicity. As well as hormonal balances, people hating over skin pigmentation and hormonal balances, what a crazy world.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

I agree, I am just stating that it appears the fella self identified as that particular race/ethnicity, yet the cops/media etc seem to love jumping on a white angle

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

If only people could be people without an ethnicity attached to them, would we still hate those with a slightly different pigmentation of skin? How crazy does it have to get, at this rate racism 50 years from now will be based on how much sun you get as the sun is what changes your skin pigmentation, not your ethnicity. As well as hormonal balances, people hating over skin pigmentation and hormonal balances, what a crazy world.

Yes it is crazy but thats the way it is. People do tend to feel more comfortable with their own color just like birds. Its something that has been going on since the beginning of existence I'm sure. Is it right or wrong? I dont know maybe its just nature. Maybe just an ingrained self protection mechanism.
edit on 9-4-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

We feel this way because we were taught this way, it doesn't mean it's the way things have to be. If only people realized what is going on while we fight each other over skin color, but then again what a perfect way to rule a kingdom keep the serfs fighting amongst themselves so we can come in and take your money and leave you hating your neighbor and not us.

Better yet lets start groups for ethnicities to give them a false sense of power (NAACP, MALDEF) over the other races to further the fight between ethnic groups.

Or hey lets give financial aide to this group of people over this group of people, that will really get them fighting each other.

Racism is an implemented ideal for a reason
edit on 9-4-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by mayabong

We feel this way because we were taught this way, it doesn't mean it's the way thing have to be. If only people realized what is going on while we fight each other over skin color, but then again what a perfect way to rule a kingdom keep the serfs fighting amongst themselves so we can come in and take your money and leave you hating your neighbor and not us.

Better yet lets start groups for ethnicities to give them a false sense of power (NAACP, MALDEF) over the other races to further the fight between ethnic groups.

possibly, or it could be more or less endemic in our genes through thousands of years of tribal/ethnic/racial behaviour, nobody really knows for sure

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Even though I flow with and get along with black people more than white people for the most part. If I walk into a room with just black people I don't know how to act, and I'm sure the situation is the same in reverse. I dont think its because of anything I've been taught. Just the reality of the situation.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

This is right. Racial and ethnic identity are often very much about how people perceive you and how one perceives themselves (and the two halves of this often interact in a complicated way -- how people perceive you does affect how you see yourself). I am half Eastern European Jew on my father's side, half Irish Catholic on my mother's (mostly, there's a bit of a mix of other things there). My own identity is something of a combination of the two, but when asked I generally will say "I am Jewish," even though I'm not even a practicing or believing Jew (I'm agnostic religiously). But my cultural identity and many things about my personality and how I interact with the world very much come from my Jewish side, my Jewish upbringing and from having grown up in a neighborhood that was about 95% Jewish.

That being said, I actually don't look very Jewish, taking more of my looks from my mother's Irish side, so a lot of people interact with me as if I'm not Jewish when they don't know me. This has led to quite a few situations where people have leaned in close to whisper some sort of anti-Semitic statement to me about someone else, not realizing they were saying this to someone who identifies as a Jew.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Even though I flow with and get along with black people more than white people for the most part. If I walk into a room with just black people I don't know how to act, and I'm sure the situation is the same in reverse. I dont think its because of anything I've been taught. Just the reality of the situation.

I understand that, but it's a learned fear or a learned uneasiness that is making you feel that way not the people in the room around you. We all have it to some degree as it has been blasted into our mind from day one. The only way to cure it is to engage in conversation with those that are not normal to you and you will find that we are all very similar at least more than we are different.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I understand that, but it's a learned fear or a learned uneasiness that is making you feel that way not the people in the room around you. We all have it to some degree as it has been blasted into our mind from day one. The only way to cure it is to engage in conversation with those that are not normal to you and you will find that we are all very similar at least more than we are different.

not necessarily, that is one possibility, the other is that it is basically inbuilt into him- we don't really know, and even if it is inbuilt, nothing wrong with that, as long as you know how to act rationally

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I think many black people are much more comfortable and able to deal with being the "only one in the room," because they more often find themselves in these situations. It's largely a matter of numbers, there are simply more whites than blacks in America. A black person gets a job in a downtown office, at whatever level, secretary, executive, doesn't matter, there's a good chance they are going to be one of a few, if not the only one there. That's been my own observation, even in very multicultural cities like New York. But then a lot of these offices are more like 8 white, 2 black, 1 from India, 2 Hispanics, 1 Arab...etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I always think back to sesame street's " which one of these is not like the other" segment.

Some I believe is taught, but I also think there is an extinctual element. Even people of the same race find ways to discriminate among themselves. I've always said that even if we were all EXACTLY the same, there would still be wars. Men will always fight, it's in their DNA. They would fight over territory, food, water sources, or women no matter what.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Facebook postings Investigated in Tulsa Shooting

However, police spokesman Jason Willingham said investigators are looking at a Facebook page in which it appears one of the men, 19-year-old Jake England, expressed anger over his father being shot and killed by a black man. Willingham said police were aware of the page but he could not say for certain it was England's.
A Thursday update on the Facebook page noted it has been two years since England's father died and "it's hard not to go off" between that anniversary and the death of his fiancée earlier this year.
A friend of the family, Susan Sevenstar, told the Associated Press that England's fiancée had killed herself in January. The Facebook page had been taken down Sunday afternoon.

I had a long post typed out and my computer ate it!
The reader's digest version is:
I had read this earlier in the week and thought it would add to the conversation. I wish the MSM would quit using awful situations to stoke racial tensions. Why can people not see the slant in stories put out that try to play on emotion, rather than report fact??? I don't mean this article, necessarily, but the overall trend in MSM 'reporting'.
I am praying for everyone affected by this tragedy.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Agreed. Except the shooter doesn't even look white. He clearly looks Native American. Whereas you clearly look white. Or Obama clearly looks black.

So no.. the shooter is not white and does not self identify as white. He's Native American.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join