It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton, citing her job, will skip DNC in Charlotte

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

At the Democratic convention four years ago, her spirited speech helped unite the party behind Barack Obama. And four years from now, many Democrats hope she’ll be the White House nominee delegates rally around.
But as for the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte – Hillary Clinton won’t be coming.
This year, she’s secretary of State. And as the country’s chief diplomat, she’s expected to stay above all things partisan.
Her husband, former President Bill Clinton, will be at the DNC in Charlotte, his spokesman, Matt McKenna, confirmed Friday.
But various federal statutes and the State Department’s ethical guidelines will keep Secretary Clinton in Washington.
“Given her current position, she will not be attending, consistent with her not engaging in any political activity whatsoever,” Philippe Reines, spokesman for the Secretary of State, told the Observer in an email Friday.
It’ll be the first time in decades Clinton will miss a Democratic National Convention, Reines added – “possibly all the way back to ’68 in Chicago.”

www.charlotteobserver.com... lary-clinton-citing-her-above.html

I think its a good classy move on her part to keep with tradition of having the sec of state staying out of all things politics.

I for one hopes she runs in 2016. I wish she would run this year, but oh well...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Man you are throwing Hillary a bone on these boards?
Brave soul with a flame suit hopefully.

But seriously, it sounds like a sensible stance, so good for her. POTUS? We have certainly seen worse considerations. Objectively I see her as smart, experienced and strong, then of course my cynical side kicks in and sees the marionette aspect common with so many politicians, putting her in a pawns light. Oh well...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

www.charlotteobserver.com... lary-clinton-citing-her-above.html

I think its a good classy move on her part to keep with tradition of having the sec of state staying out of all things politics.

I for one hopes she runs in 2016. I wish she would run this year, but oh well...

Would you please define for us what is not political about her job from one end of it to another?

You have just witnessed one of the biggest spin stories of--well, maybe just this week--but it is just that. Ever demo that supports Obama and many that do not will be at that convention. We can assume that if she wasn't smart enough to come up with that explanation on her own than she was ordered to stay her desk at the state department and not make an appearance at the convention. Obama would want no heir apparent in the crowd that night.

join