It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percentage of ATS "women" are actually female?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I thought I made it very clear with my Avatar that I was a bearded lady...

no but seriously I'll let the Black Strobe spell it out

This issue is irrelevent for a conspiracy board. Now if it was about dudes exploiting a weak masculine aspect by playing female characters in online game to get free stuff that would be more like it hahahah

oh and I highly advice the OP against going to Bangkok, many dudes wear their sexy avatar as their own skin

edit on 10-4-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor
Maybe five percent? Possibly ten percent, if I'm feeling charitable.

Dudes have realized they get more attention as chicks, so there seems to be a rash of sassy females with sexy avatars. Lookin' for those tasty stars n' flags, yum yum snap 'em up! Gimmie gimmie gimmie!

This board is rife with virtual trannies. We can always expect a few but it seems like ATS has taken it to ridculous levels.

Anyone can play at that game. I am a male, of course, but it wouldn't be too hard to pretend to be female. How to do it in 4 easy lessons:

1) Step one: pick a sassy femmy moniker. I guess I'll call myself "HotStuff4u." or maybe "SweetChick1993" (be as close to age 18 as you can! Gotta keep it legal, bro, but gotta be sexxxxy too.)

2) Pics or it didn't happen. Type "hot blonde" or "sexy chick" into google images, pick the one you like, and voila, a new attention-seeker is born!

3) Use lots of texting slang, emotes, and post as a barely legal airhead would. For example:
"OMG lol u are soooo right with that post, its like, wow! I think u are the greatist! lol. I totally liked your post, love HotStuff4u. lol
:*
"

4) Rack up teh stars and flags!

Easy peasy!

If you wanna be a tranny, that's fine, no skin off my back. There's nothing wrong with that, whatever floats your boat. But at least come out of the closet, bro. It's nothing to be ashamed of. This is the 21st century, join the pride parade!

I really don't understand how this matters. This forum is strictly an intellectual exchange of sorts, not for dating or anything else. So from my perspective, it doesn't matter who say's what, but more of what is being said. Personally I think gender shouldn't even be shared, because barbequing an idiot has nothing to do with gender. And may very well keep people from saying what they mean due to outdated traditionalist standards.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Maybe five percent? Possibly ten percent, if I'm feeling charitable.

Seriously? This is the 21st century, the internet isn't just a man's domain anymore

We even work outside of the home these days, and drive, and vote, and wear pants.........

I'm female, and was born this way, years ago.
I look a lot more female than my avatar too.

Wait.......what? You can drive now?

Now reaching for flak jacket and edging quietly towards the exit..........

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

There are no women on the internet..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I'm thinking the "sexy" avitars, have seen some sexy male avitars too, lol, are more about having younger people joining ATS, and that's a positive thing I think. With more maturity and understanding of how that may influence how seriously they may or may not be taken, they might re-think the choice of avitars they choose to represent themselves.

I do enjoy gaining some insight on the people I am discussing different topics here with on ATS, and thier sex and choice of avitars does give me some perspective of where they are coming from. Perhaps some are misleading, but I think it's "human nature" to express yourself where you can, and the avitars people pick are expressing some part of that person probably.
edit on 10-4-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

there's no denying that people get carried up in fantasy on the internet....I can't tell you How many nurses moving to study in Germany I've come across..

its from what I've seen is harder for a Guy to assess a persons gender over the internet than a female to, we can tell the difference of a girly girl verses a female persona....

in all fairness there's a sub division of this argument That I group myself into, the unconventional female, one that does female duties but enjoies male hobbies, ie. hunting, cars, wood work, swearing ect. I love to fish for one, (with my sis too!) being that's traditionally a male activity I am sure I've confused a few people over the net....

This wonderful place called cyberspace runs purely on what we tell people, though I might expose myself to people who know me in my hometown I try to be a good soul and not misreprepresent myself..even if its online.

:-) deep breath and common sense my friend.....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Wow, so you are I woman.
I just wanted to clarify that I am a man. ''Swan'' is my name.

And that Starheart is a woman.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

I find the concept of men pretending to be women just to get stars and flags a little on the disturbing side but also a little funny.
Put me down for actually being a real woman. I also hope that your percentage estimate is way off. That would just be sad!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Sorry. Double post.
edit on 10-4-2012 by britelite1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble OP but your theory is incorrect....

Looking at the post to star ratio of some the Female members, most seem pretty even. Not that it matters!!!

Looking at my ratio, I have more stars than posts???
Yet I am a Bloke....
By your logic that would make most Male ATS'ers gay?? Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Just because someone lacks a certain appendage doesn't mean they lack brain function....
I think my Wife will be happy with the above comment.....

edit on 10-4-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: grammer police

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I am a woman
However, I have been mistaken for a guy on here several times...maybe it's the screen name NEOPAN100? Neopan is a black and white film made by Fuji Film

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I am a female and I look at thes website all the time. I can't be the only girl who is interested. As for people using "provocative" avatars, perhaps they feel like they connect with that character. If people are wanting to pretend to be girls they most likely will not come out in this post. I am just grateful to be able to come to this site and read all the interesting things people have to say. It does to matter if your a boy or girl the avatar should have no impact on the amount of stars someone gets for their post. It's a shame if and when people do that because of an avatar.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by TheXoor

I find the concept of men pretending to be women just to get stars and flags a little on the disturbing side but also a little funny.
Put me down for actually being a real woman. I also hope that your percentage estimate is way off. That would just be sad!

Pics or it didn't happen!

Sorry but i really cannot take this topic seriously. Who cares what percentage are female, or whether men are pretending to be women, women are pretending to be men or whatever. It really doesn't change anything either way.

Personally, i am wondering whether the OP is in a tizzy because he has sent a U2U to the wrong sex!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The ladies should prove their point to contradict the OP and give me lots of stars

not that I care though...

Originally posted by Neopan100
I am a woman
However, I have been mistaken for a guy on here several times...maybe it's the screen name NEOPAN100? Neopan is a black and white film made by Fuji Film

All of my favorite black and white photographer use Neopan, I've got much respect for the old trade

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Who'd have thought a simple rant could elicit such a spirited response?
Two things

First I don't think the OP was really denigrating women or how they represent themselves on ATS, quite the opposite it was a comment on a possible silly male practice to which they ascribed a random statistic percentage to. I can't really see the point myself in going to any length other than good posting to accumulate S&F's.

I think that if it really matters to you what gender the poster is then maybe you are in the wrong forum. I couldn't give a rat's a** what combination of chromosomes a poster has, I am interested in opinion and perspective. Gender may influence perspective on certain subjects but at the end of the day its the posters viewpoint as a human being that interests me, their sex or star/flag accumulation doesn't influence me one bit. I'm sure that most men (insert random percentage statistic here) on ATS don't judge a poster by their avatar.
Just for the record I am a 21st century Irish man and not a fictional eighteenth century Japanese ronin ex shogunate executioner who became a demon and stands at the crossroads to hell with my son.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm female,and my avatar is me,no need to hide behind a picture of game character.Do you really think people get more stars and flags if they are female,it's a conspiracy site not facebook.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

And I thought you were a woman,because of the swan picture,I kind of associate swans with women

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

Just gonna say...

Who gives a crap about if they are male or female? This is not a dating site, it's a conspiracy/political forum. i really don't get why you'd bother to rant about this at all.

Unless you are attempting to use it as a dating site and aren't very good at spotting adam's apples.

Plenty of females on here friend, go check my "follow my heart" thread, no guy pretending to be a girl is going to post some of the honest comments I got in there.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I didn't know ATS had a mail box to dance on..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I try not to assume whether or not anyone is male or female based on their avatar. Or by their user name for that matter. If someone makes it clear in their writings that they are either male or female then I take them at their word as that is what I'm sure they would prefer. It really doesn't make any difference what sex somebody is; what counts is the contents of one's mind.

There are intelligent and articulate members of both sexes here, just as there are ignorant people and trolls of both sexes here. And I believe it is more likely than not that there is an almost equal number of male and female members here. It matters not what their avatars and user names project- they are people with something to say, and I personally don't care what kind of picture they choose to represent themselves.

Besides, didn't your momma teach you not to judge a book by it's cover?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join