It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percentage of ATS "women" are actually female?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplusThe fact that some of us find it necessary to know is a dead giveaway that sexism is still quite prevalent. I would think that the quality of post matters, and not the sex of the person who wrote it.

eh i think most find it necessary to need to know so they are aware of who they can try to flirt with.

Maybe Op had a Danny bonaduce moment and ran into something that wasn't all it appeared to be.

edit on 9-4-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well your wrong wrong wrong OP perhaps in some sleazy chat site males pose as females but I am what my avatar says it is and Yes my beak is really that long

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

I (all female, by the way) had wondered about that myself. I started a thread a while back basically asking what's up with so many male ATS members having pictures of sexy young women as their avatars.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I didn't really buy any of their answers and they have to realize that your avatar, like it or not, gives people an impression of who you are, and why do they want people to think they're women?
But for real, there really don't seem to be a lot of female members on here regularily.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor
Maybe five percent? Possibly ten percent, if I'm feeling charitable.

Dudes have realized they get more attention as chicks, so there seems to be a rash of sassy females with sexy avatars. Lookin' for those tasty stars n' flags, yum yum snap 'em up! Gimmie gimmie gimmie!

This board is rife with virtual trannies. We can always expect a few but it seems like ATS has taken it to ridculous levels.

Anyone can play at that game. I am a male, of course, but it wouldn't be too hard to pretend to be female. How to do it in 4 easy lessons:

1) Step one: pick a sassy femmy moniker. I guess I'll call myself "HotStuff4u." or maybe "SweetChick1993" (be as close to age 18 as you can! Gotta keep it legal, bro, but gotta be sexxxxy too.)

2) Pics or it didn't happen. Type "hot blonde" or "sexy chick" into google images, pick the one you like, and voila, a new attention-seeker is born!

3) Use lots of texting slang, emotes, and post as a barely legal airhead would. For example:
"OMG lol u are soooo right with that post, its like, wow! I think u are the greatist! lol. I totally liked your post, love HotStuff4u. lol
:*
"

4) Rack up teh stars and flags!

Easy peasy!

If you wanna be a tranny, that's fine, no skin off my back. There's nothing wrong with that, whatever floats your boat. But at least come out of the closet, bro. It's nothing to be ashamed of. This is the 21st century, join the pride parade!

Well...went to your profile to see what else you were into. Seeing as you are a married man in an unhappy marriage, per one of the threads you started. Are you tossing this out there, fishing for females? Just wondering.....

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Females are more attractive than males and naturally get more attention from males. This isnt a online game where being female gets you more gold, but a debate forum where gender isnt an issue. You dont know who is star and flagging you anyways so its not like anyone is trying to make you remember them by investing into you.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A woman's face with nature's own hand painted,
Hast thou, the master mistress of my passion;
A woman's gentle heart, but not acquainted
With shifting change, as is false women's fashion:
An eye more bright than theirs, less false in rolling,
Gilding the object whereupon it gazeth;
A man in hue all hues in his controlling,
Which steals men's eyes and women's souls amazeth.
And for a woman wert thou first created;
Till Nature, as she wrought thee, fell a-doting,
And by addition me of thee defeated,
By adding one thing to my purpose nothing.
But since she prick'd thee out for women's pleasure,
Mine be thy love and thy love's use their treasure.

William Skakespeare

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

As a female staffer who has been here a long time and knows many of our regulars, there are a LOT of women on this board.

dont hate....appreciate!

....with that said.....you are right in there are probably men posing as women for whatever creepy reason that may be.....and then there is always the saying...."there are no women on the internet"....

so the lesson here is: who cares? cant really be too sure anyways....so judge the post not the member's gender

edit on April 9th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Talk about people seeking attention through posting...

I smell something funny here...waitaminute, let me get something out of my handy-dandy kit that I keep for just this sort of occasion..ah yes, here it is...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
well, I do know that I saw a few males here with pretty blonde avs all the sudden when the SHTF with the whole racial issue. And you could see right through what was going on, and where they were trying to take it, or make a point. I didn't say anything, but it was obvious, so who cares? but I am sure that OP could be referring to some blatant "things" like that.
But, I am a female, and my name is not cute, and I still have not got an av.
Who cares, unless it somehow changes something for you, let them pretend...or um, wish!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
reply to post by TheXoor

I (all female, by the way) had wondered about that myself. I started a thread a while back basically asking what's up with so many male ATS members having pictures of sexy young women as their avatars.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I didn't really buy any of their answers and they have to realize that your avatar, like it or not, gives people an impression of who you are, and why do they want people to think they're women?
But for real, there really don't seem to be a lot of female members on here regularily.

Names and avatars are irrelevant. It's still doesn't justify the marginalization of women. One may try to liken our real life identities to our online personas, but such trolling attempts only serve to make people look like fools.

As an example, someone in a forum (an evangelical christian) with a differing opinion once posted something to the affect of "Where I come from, a vixen is a slut. Since you're a slut, you have no right to question my morality." My response: "Where I come from, Vixen is a mythical flying reindeer that hangs out with her friends Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, a jolly fat man and a bunch of happy, go lucky midgets. They get together annually to bring good will, cheer and happiness to children across the globe. I'm not sure where you're from or what you believe in, but it sounds like a really negative and depressing place."

Moral of the story is that you can't judge a person by their choice of name, nor over their avatar selection. It's all about mutual respect.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I barely noticed you, have you had a little work done?
You look great!

@everyone else, I think Destiny pegged it. This guy is stirring up trouble to see if he can get some pity points or something. Why else does he care who is what gender?

You been hitting on the wrong people or something friend? Stay away from sexy avatars and go get a drink at the local pub.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
OP needs to see the Members Picture thread.

I think all the boys who want to be girls, are actually openly being girls around here anyway... no need to play games.

Certainly the girls who want to be boys have no issue

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

how long did it figure that out? Hey maybe some were guys and now are women, never gave that a thought did ya!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

You'd be surprised how many members here are female women.

Actually, though...it doesn't make any difference to me.
I enjoy discussions with members here, and whether they are male or female is far from important.
What they have to say, the kind of person they are, is what makes me want to know more about them and their thoughts and ideas.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor
Maybe five percent? Possibly ten percent, if I'm feeling charitable.

Dudes have realized they get more attention as chicks, so there seems to be a rash of sassy females with sexy avatars. Lookin' for those tasty stars n' flags, yum yum snap 'em up! Gimmie gimmie gimmie!

This board is rife with virtual trannies. We can always expect a few but it seems like ATS has taken it to ridculous levels.

Anyone can play at that game. I am a male, of course, but it wouldn't be too hard to pretend to be female. How to do it in 4 easy lessons:

1) Step one: pick a sassy femmy moniker. I guess I'll call myself "HotStuff4u." or maybe "SweetChick1993" (be as close to age 18 as you can! Gotta keep it legal, bro, but gotta be sexxxxy too.)

2) Pics or it didn't happen. Type "hot blonde" or "sexy chick" into google images, pick the one you like, and voila, a new attention-seeker is born!

3) Use lots of texting slang, emotes, and post as a barely legal airhead would. For example:
"OMG lol u are soooo right with that post, its like, wow! I think u are the greatist! lol. I totally liked your post, love HotStuff4u. lol
:*
"

4) Rack up teh stars and flags!

Easy peasy!

If you wanna be a tranny, that's fine, no skin off my back. There's nothing wrong with that, whatever floats your boat. But at least come out of the closet, bro. It's nothing to be ashamed of. This is the 21st century, join the pride parade!

"OMG lol u are soooo right with that post, it's like, wow! I think u are the greatest! lol. I totally liked your post,
love RUKidding. lol

I don't wanna be a tranny, you can keep the skin off your back and I don't have a boat so, don't worry about it floating.

Uhhm, I have a closet...several in fact. But, I really just need to open the door and get what I need...I don't really "go in the closet" so, how can I exactly "come out"?

I'm not ashamed of my closets....even when they are really messy. They are just closets for pete's sake!

Uh, yeah,...how 'bout that..uh, one game that was on the other nite...
edit on 9-4-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Much like our Avatar

It could be My Husband or My Self.
We think alike, his English is better than mine and the grammar and spelling trolls remind me of this.
As you look at our avatar,,, I'm the Pretty One

edit on 9-4-2012 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Argh. greeneyedleo, what happened to your green eyes? Loved those.

As for me, I am male and as you can see by my name I don't even hide behind a facade. I am who I say I am and have never felt a need to hide my identity from anyone.

As for my avatar, that's just how I feel sometimes.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Lol, OP set a trap and now victims are falling for it.... keep your "im 100% man" "im 100% women" to yourselves.

First of all, if im right, this post was directed at males acting like females, so therefore this post shouldn't have any effect on "100% females", i understand OP pulled the female ratio out of the rear but its hard to agree or deny against it, males are dominant on internet and gaming.

I give stars and flags depending on their PoV and how it relates to me, i don't fall for cute avatars or sexy pics.

I remember when i used to play MMO you should always think that every player is a male regardless of their character, it will be better experience... or you can think with your "head" and fall harder.

I personally don't understand why anyone would want to be as the opposite sex, its creepy, disgusting and depressing!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I have found that the rules of the internet actually do apply to the internet more so then people think.

And also following has a some truth to it "on the internet men are men women are men children are fbi"

And I can kind of see why females sometimes log on with male personas, as it would keep the whole oh your a girl so now I got to bug you. Or why some even why some dudes log on with female personas, as it give them the chance to grab attention and do all kinds of things with that attention.

If anything I am sure that there are a lot of women on ATS and on other boards on the internet, most just don't advertise that they are female because it's kind of pointless this ain't a dating site, and unless it pertains to the topic at hand then I't does not matter what your gender is.

And yes there are even transgender people online, I have seen and ran against a few now and then on threads, some even on threads about that subject. I cant say they are out to fool or do anything devious if anything they all pretty much stay to topic and don't really go around causing trouble, or advertising themselves.

I don't know must be just me I guess, but I would not be going around believing everything people say on the internet about what gender they are, or who they are, especially since "well at least for me" more often then not most are never what they say or seem.

But yes, there are a whole bunch of females on ATS, in fact I am beginning to think that there might be more women on ATS then there are men.
And I dont see what the op has against emotes
I like emotes, there cool
and awesome
really If anybody thinks that if you use a lot of emotes your a girl. Boy are you mistaken bro.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

LOL! I had to!
And, yeah, I'm female...and I look -just- like my avatar!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join