It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percentage of ATS "women" are actually female?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Maybe five percent? Possibly ten percent, if I'm feeling charitable.

Dudes have realized they get more attention as chicks, so there seems to be a rash of sassy females with sexy avatars. Lookin' for those tasty stars n' flags, yum yum snap 'em up! Gimmie gimmie gimmie!

This board is rife with virtual trannies. We can always expect a few but it seems like ATS has taken it to ridculous levels.

Anyone can play at that game. I am a male, of course, but it wouldn't be too hard to pretend to be female. How to do it in 4 easy lessons:

1) Step one: pick a sassy femmy moniker. I guess I'll call myself "HotStuff4u." or maybe "SweetChick1993" (be as close to age 18 as you can! Gotta keep it legal, bro, but gotta be sexxxxy too.)

2) Pics or it didn't happen. Type "hot blonde" or "sexy chick" into google images, pick the one you like, and voila, a new attention-seeker is born!

3) Use lots of texting slang, emotes, and post as a barely legal airhead would. For example:
"OMG lol u are soooo right with that post, its like, wow! I think u are the greatist! lol. I totally liked your post, love HotStuff4u. lol
:*
"

4) Rack up teh stars and flags!

Easy peasy!

If you wanna be a tranny, that's fine, no skin off my back. There's nothing wrong with that, whatever floats your boat. But at least come out of the closet, bro. It's nothing to be ashamed of. This is the 21st century, join the pride parade!

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Who the hell are you to deny that some of us here are women? We represent half of the population, yet you believe that we only represent 5% of the thinking people? Rather than earn accolades based on the merit of our posts, you think that we just earn them by virtue of having a sexy avatar? How grossly arrogant of you.

Don't take your frustrations out on us because you're not getting any from your wife... she's probably denying you because she finds you offensive as well. Your post
edit on 4/9/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Lol, your getting upset at a rant. Really, does it matter?

Hugsnkisses hotstud4u

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

So...you're the ATS peeping tom.....only *you* know who is Female or Male here.....

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

I don't see the importance of knowing the person behind the avatar and whether they are male or female, this site if for discussing conspiracy topics and not exposing people that are male that have a feminine avatar.

I don't see how a male having a feminine avatar makes them a tranny either, it could be a privacy issue which in a world of identity theft and information theft that would be a good way to stay anonymous.

edit on 9-4-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Seriously? This is the 21st century, the internet isn't just a man's domain anymore

We even work outside of the home these days, and drive, and vote, and wear pants.........

I'm female, and was born this way, years ago.
I look a lot more female than my avatar too.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am a truly female member of this board because I have nothing to hide to anyone anywhere. Why would I need to hide the fact that I'm a female on this forum? This isn't 4chan, I'm not going to be told to go back to the kitchen. We're all mature adults here, not tweens with too much time on their hands.

I don't need a sassy name and I'm kind of ashamed of you for thinking that for a man to disguise himself as a woman he needs a sassy name. Does that also mean by your standards that real females need stupid "sassy" names? Also, from the way you clearly think most females speak like they're incoherent braindead two year olds. Chat speak isn't a strictly feminine quality and I'm offended not only by you but men that try to speak like that on a forum to impersonate a woman. The times are changing and it's not okay for you guys to push us around anymore.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

I think the cat in my avatar is male,trust me, I am
all woman!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

What percentage of ATS "men" are actually men? Why does it even matter? Did you think this was a dating site or something?
Word of advice though, don't be having text sex with any of them, I learned that the hard way!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Whats even funnier is your reading it as an attack against females when its an attack against guys that pretend to be

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have the opposite problem, everyone assumes I am male, doesn't matter I have it on my profile i'm female, doesn't matter if I have one of my fem avatars on, I get called, dude, He, man and every other male label.

You have no idea what your talking about, there is no advantage to being female on this site. If we start a thread dealing with female issues it is immediately is attacked by trolls, often what we say is not taken seriously and if a man comes along and posts the same thread, he gets stars and flags, not the woman.

If you want stars and flags, talk about ufos or chem trails.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Iamschist because: added is

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I wonder how many male's are actually MEN,

And how many women are actually LADIES.

Less and less now days it seems......

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
so they are pretending to be women to get stars and flags?........ seems like a huge waste of time.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor

How do you know? Do you have any statistics to cite? Have you researched the issue? Do you have anything at all to base your opinion on, or is it strictly and only from your imagination?

And what about the opposite possibility? Women may not want the constant attention, sexual innuendoes, etc. So it makes as much sense for women to pose as men so they don't get that.

Seems to me it could work either way, and we have no proof either way. On the Internet nobody knows you're a dog, unless you (cough!) post your real picture as an avatar.

edit on 4/9/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

link   
LOL, the vast majority on here think that I am male. I deliberately picked a pseudonym and avatar that is not indicative of male or female.

The fact that some of us find it necessary to know is a dead giveaway that sexism is still quite prevalent. I would think that the quality of post matters, and not the sex of the person who wrote it.

As far as a bunch of airheads writing complimentary, cutesy posts with lots of emoticons, I haven't really seen that on here. I have seen it on the Yahoo message boards, though....but they are advertising for dating sites.

link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Seriously? This is the 21st century, the internet isn't just a man's domain anymore

We even work outside of the home these days, and drive, and vote, and wear pants.........

This.

I find this thread a strange accusation to make. Women are very verbal creatures, you know. And the world is full of many wonderful female authors and journalists. Women love words, writing, and wordplay as much as us if not more. Why would they be any less likely to come to ATS than us men?

For the record, I've dated two ATS women, one of whom is my fiancee. And I became close real-world friends with another. There are plenty of real women here, I assure you. And not all of them stoop to texting language, you know.

edit on 4/9/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I wonder if any of these 'virtual trannies' are actually Syrian Gay Girl Bloggers? Maybe that guy is a member

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
what kind of survey is this?!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you but im all female and was born this way ..My threads and comments don't get anymore attention then anyone elses in fact alot get ignored ..Your comment Rack up teh stars and flags is way off base ive earned all my stars and flags over the time ive been on ATS ..So go crawl back into your small minded cave..peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join