Homemade Propane

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
For those interested, here is a link to a site that discusses home methane systems:

Homepower.com

Read on and you will find a link to a website with details.
edit on 10-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
you can make a hydrogen generator out of a soda bottle some wire and an electrical sorce

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
you can make a hydrogen generator out of a soda bottle some wire and an electrical sorce
Unless your electrical source is free, it doesn't pay to do that. It is a means of storing energy (as hydrogen), but you can also use acid/lead storage batteries, which are much safer.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Originally posted by Captain Beyond
May I state the obvious? Please use wood to cook with and for heat. It is quite abundant and non explosive. You might have to split some, but it's good exercise.
Also use animal skins and leaves as clothing. A rock on the end of a stick for a weapon. A cave or hollow log as shelter.
Not a progressive thinker are you?

You can also use sheep intestines as condoms, a technique pioneered in ancient Egypt. This was later perfected by the British who removed the intestines from the sheep before using them.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i cannot believe how goddang irresponsible this is.have you no idea what can happen with propane that is not properly regulated..i'll tell you what.
remember taste the meat,not the heat.
thanks
hank hill
strickland propane

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Where do you mods get off closing people's posts willy nilly? Sometimes I wonder if they even bother reading anymore before they make up their minds.

I simply responded to This Post calling these two out for trolling and criticizing instead of offering something constructive. They were pointless posts! If any post should have been closed, it should have been the ones I referenced, because they were off-topic, unnecessary, ignorant and rude.

Gimme a friggin break!!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo

Hydrogen Peroxide Combustion

I think this mixture would be to explosive the op is after DIY propane though saying that if you made a mistake
you would probably get a
Na Palm faceslap

Here is your Facepalm
edit on 10-4-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)
I award you the "Pun of the Day" award for your brilliant contribution to the betterment of all mankind through the art of the Pun.

Salute!

PS and to the OP yes any homemade method of producing a gaseous fuel in close proximity to an open flame is not a good method.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
My father is not awake and yet he said if you were going to create your own fuel, the best conversion for a vehicle, other than electric or water versions, would be alchohol, and you would need homemade distillery. It runs cleaner and can be made out of debris everywhere you go.

This is something we may need to learn, and its more than just HHO, or browns fuel, there are lots of ideas on the thread, even ethanol.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
How To Make Hydrogen Fuel At Home!

You can generate electricity from salt, water, vinegar, you can create earthen batteries to store it.

The best thing to do is to plan for conventional, ie, bicycle tire and various recycled windmills, and soda can solar, to have some conventional methods, and then work at developing others.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
BURN WOOD or PAPER
propane will be for the elite when SHTF
watch some survival programs about making fire with no matches/lighter stone age style
on the other hand you could make a new heating device altogether
many diesel generators can be converted to run cooking oils

when SHTF im gonna come and take your propane from you anyways
i will have a big stick with a rock tied to it

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
reply to post by TomServo

I think the proper question you are asking is how to make a propane substitute from household chemicals.

If you were trying to survive in the sticks instead of trying and failing miserably at making your own propane
Would it not just be easier to make a

Traditional Camp Fire

Cran

Traditional campfires have a less than stellar track record in the area of heating a tent.

Otherwise, yes. I do tend to use campfires. Quite fun to make, actually.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
BURN WOOD or PAPER
propane will be for the elite when SHTF
watch some survival programs about making fire with no matches/lighter stone age style
on the other hand you could make a new heating device altogether
many diesel generators can be converted to run cooking oils

when SHTF im gonna come and take your propane from you anyways
i will have a big stick with a rock tied to it

I'll have two saws bound with duct tape, a handful of throwing knifes, an aerosol can with a lighter, a few molotovs, and a couple of feral swans ready to take you apart.

Come at me bro.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Part of surviving is learning to adapt, using what IS available. Build/buy a rocket stove. I built one in a couple hours and tested it. Works great. Mine is portable: metal coffee can, some soup cans, a little sand or ash and you're good to go. Build it NOW so it will be ready for when you need it. It runs on sticks, leaves, pine cones, small, easily availble fuel sources. If you have a favorite out of the way campsite or your BOL, build one out of bricks, inside or out, it is simple and uses minimal burnable materials.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Exactly. There is actually a FEMA manual that shows you how to build one. FEMA GASSIFIER PDF
The plans in that are really good and should help. I have build a smaller model on the concept and had fun with it.

After I finished a BBQ I filled a sealed container with a valve on top with woodchips. Let it sit on the hot coals for about an hour, then opened the valve and lit the top. It burned like a candle for about 15 minutes or so. This was outside the container. The contents turned to charcoal which I used in my next BBQ. It was pretty cool and viable replacement for petroleum. I have actually been looking into getting the parts to convert my pickup to run off this in a SHTF scenario.

Just be careful, as with any flammable substance be safe. I always have a BIG red fire extinguisher within arms distance whenever playing with fire. Please be careful.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Your best bet would be to use sterno...It is just a jellied alcohol...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I live in Philippines and our family members use this variety of "single element" charcoal stove cooking, plus they use a small electric fan to amplify the combustion. It works just as well as the propane stove except that you get some smoke because you are burning coal and your pots become black from it as well.
See the idea.
hobotraveler.com...
If you need extra photos plus techniques I could help you get it.

Here is my blog and email
escapetophilippines.wordpress.com...
edit on 10-4-2012 by Patrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Actually "methane" can be created at home. It's simply "rot gas" any garbage, waste, feces, all will create methane gas. IE. Methane recovery systems at landfills. Also Google India, because most of the poorer areas use "rot gas" (methane) for their cooking.

It can be done fairly simply. If the folks in India can do it. You can do it. I don't think "fart lighting" will do you any good, food would taste reall shatty, PUN UNTENDED.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
here is link for a how to on methane, CH4, it is cheap and easy and is used in north korea to power cooking stoves.
homemade bio-gas fuel

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well, you could always make biodesiel, I remember doing it in chemistry class, we made it froom vegetable oil, and it was preety easy. To burn it, take some steel wool and put it in a metal bowl or container and then put in the biodesiel and ignite.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I take it that chemistry is not your strong suit. If it was, you would know that you need "cracking" towers to separate propane from crude. There is no way to make propane safely on your own. Don't try it. Period. You would blow yourself up in the process, I guarantee it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I would advise against throwing a knife at someone, as the best case scenario for an amateur is that the knife that you just threw at your assailant is now being used against you. Once again, don't do it. A blade is only effective while it is still in your hands. Unless you have training in the use of throwing knifes, I would keep them in the novelty box if I were you. A good bowie is the only blade you will ever need in a survival situation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join