It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Trio "Charlies Angels" are Exorcists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Did a search and couldn't find this, but if there's a thread already, mods do your thing.

Source

Dubbed “real-life Charlie’s Angels” by "Good Morning America," three Arizona teens are making news for their unusual vocation: exorcism. According to a piece summarizing a Nightline piece on ABCNews.com by Dan Harris: The girls were trained in exorcism by Brynne's father, Bob Larson, who claims to have performed more than 10,000 exorcisms over the past three decades (which would average about one exorcism each day -- including the Sabbath). These modern-day exorcists are not alone. Belief in demons and exorcism is very real to many people, including fundamentalist Christians (the Bible, for example, recounts six instances of Jesus casting out demons).

I honestly don't know what to make of this. I remember how firm my faith was when I was in my teens...and how that faith has changed as I've matured. My main fear is these girls could do serious harm to someone, even though their intentions may be wonderful.

What do you think, ATS?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Too much TV? I guess where there is a niche to be filled, it will. If people want to pay them for their services, it is no different than a fortune teller I suppose. Is it a valuable cultural field? Probably not, but in a nation of faith, there may always be someone possessed in the mix? Heck at least they are not vampire slayers.

Hey there's a vid for that:

Half the population is possessed?
New reality show? Cha-ching $!
ETA: Just tell me their receptionist's name is not Bosley.

edit on 9-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think that Good Morning America are borderline pedophiles. Charlies Angeis didnt perform exorcisms as far as I know. Someone at Good Morning America thinks these young girls are hot stuff. If it was three pimple faced WOW freaks they wouldnt be getting exploited by Good Morning America,just their Dad.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

To be honest, I've had this same calling present in my life for the past few years and have indeed also begun studying the Rite...however, I can't feel that this much publicity can ever be a good thing when relating to demonic warfare. The popularity these kids are assuming just by doing theright thing for others is enough to put a serious chink in their spiritual armor when it comes time to tussle with the more "experienced" of their enemies...

To be brief, it's about time more young people took this kind of thing seriously...but they should've really been more conscientious of who they share their "work" with (I have no doubt that this publicity will bring some quite powerful foes to their doorsteps in the near future, here's just hoping that their faith is firm enough to handle it).

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
And they are not chasing this guy around the world, why?

Or is that episode being reserved for the season finale?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

MMM English please? How are we supposed to know who that is or what he is saying?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebryman

To be honest, I've had this same calling present in my life for the past few years and have indeed also begun studying the Rite...however, I can't feel that this much publicity can ever be a good thing when relating to demonic warfare. The popularity these kids are assuming just by doing theright thing for others is enough to put a serious chink in their spiritual armor when it comes time to tussle with the more "experienced" of their enemies...

To be brief, it's about time more young people took this kind of thing seriously...but they should've really been more conscientious of who they share their "work" with (I have no doubt that this publicity will bring some quite powerful foes to their doorsteps in the near future, here's just hoping that their faith is firm enough to handle it).

I would love to hear about some of your experiences, if you are willing to share. How do you know demons and demonic possession exist? How do you determine possession over medical or psychological diagnosis? How do you prepare for an exorcism and what are the lasting effects for you and the possessed?

I will tell you that I'm highly skeptical but not closed minded, and I would welcome an earnest discussion with you, but only if you are comfortable with it. No flames, I promise!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
I think that Good Morning America are borderline pedophiles. Charlies Angeis didnt perform exorcisms as far as I know. Someone at Good Morning America thinks these young girls are hot stuff. If it was three pimple faced WOW freaks they wouldnt be getting exploited by Good Morning America,just their Dad.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Yeah, it's catchy news with eye candy. I find it rather disturbing.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It's pretty difficult to explain, but you begin to learn to discern between schizophrenia and medical conditions such as the like from persuasion/possession only through encountering both afflictions; for example I've known friends that are schizophrenic...and to be honest, for the longest time I wasn't sure what to think about the condition, I was a bit ambivalent as to whether or not it was even a legitimate medical condition at all (always been quite skeptical of the pharmaceutical industry and their "treatments")

While I'm not saying this "test" works in EVERY case, I've learned that a great deal many people under the influence of the demonic will experience either physical or some type of psychological distress at being introduced to the presence of holy relics or blessed objects. Be it underhanded, I've been known to place blessed Benedictine medals under a persons bed and/or in the "four corners" of my car and noted whether or not a person seemed to "notice" them despite never being told they existed, etc... basically (despite having to go behind someone's back WHICH I DESPISE) it's the only true way somebody would be able to get a straight shot at finding out whether a person they know is under "the influence"...if you'd prefer to just ask a person straight up if they're "feeling a bit possession by satan today?" you're likely to end up in a room with rubber walls.

Granted, this little trial doesn't work in many cases of influence or possession...as a matter of fact it probably works in very few indeed; it's my belief that even if somebody completely under the control of a diabolical entity were to encounter a relic or blessed object that pained them to stand in presence of, they likely wouldn't let on about it at all-- that whole "father of lies" thing, you know? A high level demonic would probably if anything claim the object "tickled" even if in reality they were dying on the inside.

As a disclaimer, I'm not saying one should take this little experiment of mine as truth, fact, or even as being practical...I'm simply trying to answer Smylee's question with a practice that has yielded results for ME personally.

If you'd really like an ALMOST definite way of identifying whether somebody is experiencing "voices" brought on by schizophrenia or by a diabolic simply bring them into a church (preferably not a corrupt one...of which there are few left). I once invited a young lady with me whom I suspected of not really having schizophrenia (which her doctors all assured her WAS truly the case, prescribing her numerous, VERY expensive, drugs to combat it) to come to church for a Christmas-mass type deal...she had to leave only 15 minutes into it (before the actual SERMON even began) because her "voices became violent and screamed for her to hurt them and kill you" *verbatim quote, her telling me why she left*. Not saying she wasn't pulling a hardcore troll move on me by telling me this, but we'd gone back a ways and I didn't think she'd be the type to make something like that up...we spent the remaining hour of that church sermon outside in the parking lot.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry, if these kids metup and had to deal with a REAL demonic presence, either they'd be crapping their pants or get possessed faster then they can say Justin Beiber

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You're VERY likely correct in saying this

I somehow wouldn't be surprised if this is just another attempt to make "it" look FAR easier than it actually is known to be. There's a reason the Catholics so strictly regulate who can and cannot become an "exorcist".

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thebryman

In the research I've done (and i've been researching this definitely longer then those kids have been alive), the demonic has only been driven out by those of a devout soul...its said Pope John Paul II's ills have been accelerated by exorcism, a man thats studied this his whole life, and not just decided to do it after watching a few episodes of Supernatural...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Unfortunately I JUST got around to watching this video...I had no idea the guy was accepting payments for his "services". I would qualify that as Simony and in my eyes, not at all the way the practice ought to be performed...

Confidence in these "angels" lost.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thebryman

Charging for an exorcism?? That automatically puts these charlatans in the same category as psychics, like Sylvia Browne and John Edwards

BTW, This reminded me of this clip from Ghostbusters, when they were telling the hotel manager they were gonna charge him for the 'ghostbusting':

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

You learn something new everyday. Today let it be spanish.

His name is José Luis de Jesús Miranda .

edit on 9-4-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

sounds like another fool trying to bilk others from their money
This is why I dont follow 'organized' religiious groups anymore, my creator knows whats in my heart, thats all i need to worry about

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Anytime someone asks for payment for religious services, I get a nasty little feeling in my spine. Feels more like exploitation of the needy than actually helping them.

I can't imagine Jesus saying, "Sure I'll help you! Just pay the usher and I'll take care of that little problem."

I realize pastors and ministers are paid salaries by their churches, this isn't the same thing.

top topics

join