It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer victim Robert Mugabe is 'fighting for his life' in Singapore hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Cancer victim Robert Mugabe is 'fighting for his life' in Singapore hospital

www.dailymail.co.uk

Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe is said to be fighting for his life in a Singapore hospital.
According to the Zimbabwe Mail a senior official of the 88-year-old's ZANU-PF party, said the President was undergoing intensive treatment in Singapore and that some members of his family had joined him after boarding a chartered private jet on Saturday.
The alarm was raised yesterday when the government postponed a cabinet meeting set for today.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.th eaustralian.com.au
news.google.co.za... Hf7hUQjufNzOq2g&cid=8797821829804&ei=2jiDT7DRM8i38QOF7QE&rt=STORY&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thezimbabwemail.com%2Fzimbabwe%2F11242-mugabe-battl ing-for-life-in-singapore-cabinet-meetings-suspended.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
edit on 4/9/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use exact headline.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There have been false alarms before, but could this be the end of Mugabe?
What will happen to Zimbabwe in the vacuum following his death? It is said that his successor is Defence Minister Emmerson Mnangagwa, the brutal former head of the Zimbabwe Central Intelligence Organisation, a man suspected of being behind a number brutal incidents.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

He is not fighting for his life, he fighting against being dragged into hell.

sec.line

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here is a profile of his possible successor Emmerson Mnangagwa:

Born in Zvishavane on 15th September 1946, Emmerson Mnangagwa is perhaps the one figure in Zimbabwe to inspire greater terror than President Mugabe.

So "welcome to the new boss, worse than the old boss"?

Mnangagwa is widely viewed to have orchestrated much of the Gukurahundi genocide of the 1980s, in which those deemed to be ZIPRA cadres or simply 'dissidents' around 20 000 people, largely Ndebele were brutally and systematically murdered by a specially-commissioned army unit, the Fifth Brigade.

Revealing his aims in masterminding the Gukurahundi campaign to have been the annihilation of Matabeleland and the Midlands, Mnangagwa claimed at the time that his "campaign against dissidents can only succeed if the infrastructure that nurtures them is destroyed" and that he had the impunity to raze "all the villages infested with dissidents".

allafrica.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

sec.line

that thought is oddly comforting ... I have lost family due to him. That being said, if this news is true, I hope that Zimbabwe can use the opportunity to make a fresh start.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Good, I hope one out of the hundreds of thousands of victims hes hurt throughout his life comes into the hospital and creates life on hell for Mugabe while hes laid helpless in his bed.

Probably going to get Off-topic but i said what we're all thinking.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good ...about time , I don't like to think ill of others but some people just deserve it , I just hope that when he does go the transition of power will bloodless , but somehow I doubt it .

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Poor Satan.Oh well,he was up for it.I wonder how this will affect South Africa.Can't wait to see how Malema's gonna try and swing it that somehow the Boer/Farmers are responsible and should be killed.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wikileaks did mention that he had prostate cancer and would not live beyond 2013. Looks like the US received credible information and that this was an open secret in diplomatic circles

Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe is suffering from prostate cancer and he has got two more years to live, according to leaked US diplomatic cables published by whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks.

Mugabe’s battle with the disease was revealed to James McGee, the former US Ambassador to Harare, by Gideon Gono, the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe’s Governor and the dictator’s friend, during a private meeting in June 2008.

According to the cables, doctors have diagnosed the 87-year-old Zimbabwean President with prostate cancer several years ago, and in 2008 they told him that he could be dead by 2013, the British media reported.

www.firstpost.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
hi

i hope the git rots in a bed,
sorry no, i mean
i hope he dies in his own #e
his takeover is just as bad
much like north korea...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If Mugabe dies and his regime collapses, I wonder if any of the farmers that his regime alienated (stole property from) will ever consider returning, and if the Zimbabwe economy might take this opportunity to turn around?

Zimbabwe was once one of the greatest kingdoms on the planet.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

It would take a lot to rebuild Zimbabwe again. Unfortunately, I predict another bitter power struggle/civil war and that things will get worse before they get better - unless, the world steps in with a proper Economic Reconstruction Plan and of course if the Zimbabweans want it badly enough.

Somehow I don't think the world really cares that much - most countries have enough economic problems in the present climate as it is.However, I believe China will be a big factor as it is a perfect opportunity for them.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
there is a special place in hell reserved for Mugabe, I hope he suffers immensley first.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
reply to post by babybunnies

I believe China will be a big factor as it is a perfect opportunity for them.

Here is some info on the China/Zim link:

In December 2003, Premier Wen Jiabao said, “China respects and supports efforts by Zimbabwe to bring about social justice through land reform.” [3] Indeed, Beijing’s economic support for Harare remains strong, and through its efforts, Beijing has secured the contracts to develop Zimbabwe’s agricultural, mineral and hydroelectric resources.

China supplies Zimbabwe with expertise, technical assistance, and agricultural equipment, including tractors and agro-processing. The Chinese state-owned firm, China International Water and Electric, has been contracted to farm 250,000 acres in southern Zimbabwe. Chinese and Zimbabwean developers believe the project will yield 2.1 million tons of maize every year, and require the building of a massive irrigation system. It remains unclear how Zimbabwe will pay for the project, although unconfirmed reports claim payment will be made in tobacco, which China purchases in large quantities. [4]

Through lines of credit at Chinese banks, China supports Zimbabwe’s small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). With this assistance, Zimbabwe’s Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises has set aside $12 billion for disbursement to SME’s. Industries receiving funds include textile, soap, tile and fiberglass manufacturers. Large state-owned firms, like the Zimbabwe Iron and Steel Company, which is presently being refurbished, also receive Chinese assistance.

www.jamestown.org...

China covets Zimbabwe's minerals such as gold, platinum and copper.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

good news...he needs a final stomping before he goes

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Cancer is a horrible disease and I would not wish it on anyone. I have lost those very close to me due to it and good friends too. I for one will cheer and dance from the rooftops when a cure is found. However I shall make an exception for Mugabe and other evil deposts that Humanity have the misfortune of living with. They get all they deserve. I have no sympathy. I wont be crying when Mugabe croaks. He is an evil man who has escaped justice in this life anyway.
I hope that in the next life he will get his just desserts. And that a Higher Court will make him pay for his crimes.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
you'd be amazed at the what a man will do to avoid death when they are not certain that their final destination will be Heaven.

hopefully, people learn from this experience.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Since the Zimbabwe currency is beyond silly, how does he pay for this? Does he fly in one trillion in fiat currency and hand it to the front desk and say "it's equal to 500 dollars?"

I wonder why this "dictator" isn't a problem but the Syrian leader is?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

he outlasted the attacks against him. i remember him saying something to like...'only God can remove me from power.'

apparently, he meant to say God and Singapore Medicine.

he's old...and he wants to say that he saw the end of the bullcrap...like Castro and Chavez...so he's fighting to live a while longer.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

sec.line

But hell doesn't exist?
How could what you say be possible?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join