It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consider yourselves warned

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Originally posted by dananni
reply to post by petrus4

Hello ATS.

I am guilty of being a racist. I hate OPs, they are always starting something.

I don't think that is racist...just ignorant!

Why... so.... serious?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Did you really miss the joke or are you messing with me?

Ah, gotcha! Lol!
edit on 9-4-2012 by dananni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Did you really miss the joke or are you messing with me?

Ah, gotcha! Lol!
edit on 9-4-2012 by dananni because: (no reason given)

Ya..ya...just kidding a bit...my bad....here is a star to add to your status!

You had a totally valid point...and I was just saying welcome in the ATS sort of off side comment way!

Glad you got it!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by jerryznv

reply to post by petrus4

Hello ATS.

I am guilty of being a racist. I hate OPs, they are always starting something.

I don't think that is racist...just ignorant!

Why... so.... serious?

Ahh...come on...that wasn't meant seriously...calm down!

Just saying hello...and prescribing to a good piece of humor now and then!

In reality...this whole thread belongs somewhere else IMHO...but let the members speak aye?
edit on 9-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Note to self: "Wake up a bit before you post!".

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Note to self: "Wake up a bit before you post!".

Note to self about note to self: "Less scotch before commenting on comment..."!

Just kidding...I don't drink scotch!

You made perfect sense...the OP's are always starting something...all OP's should render themselves up for democracy on ATS too!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thumbs up.

There are a hundred racist, homophobic, sexist, blogs out there where people can freely express their opinion so there is nor reason to do it here. I will support your efforts whole heartedly.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Gee, that's strange... you're the same user who said I should die.

What made you decide to be so noble all of a sudden?

EDIT: Here's the post I'm talking about that a mod edited, when you should have been banned. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-4-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Like I said; I have a younger brother who is paying child support, a father who is guilty of multiple acts of adultery, and an uncle who is a convicted paedophile.

And you're the one pressing the alert buttons?
You should take it easy Judge Roy Bean.
Playing Sherriff isn't going to get you anywhere or anything, apart from extra stress.
There are mods for that already, it's what they do, mod the site.
And you can't say they don't mod it. We normally rant because the mods are too heavy handed sometimes, but this is the opposite.

If you feel like you need to alert a comment or thread, the feature is there, but don't go patrolling the boards with your orkish presence alerting every thread there is, just because it wasn't petrus approved.

Funny thing about freedom of speech is that anyone has the right to speak, regardless of whether or not you think they should.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm getting really sick of it myself. It's been at an all time high and it needs to end. I don't come to ATS as much as I used to because half of it has turned into another Stormfront - like forum.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PapaKrok

Yep. A long time ago, in a land far far away, Godlike productions was a great forum, similar to anomalies.net before that forum closed. But then all of the nasty racist trolls found it, and took it down. It was an enjoyable place while it lasted, but now it's just a troll haven.

And it's not just racism going on, on ATS, there is verbal abuse taking place against women. I've been told "shut up", "know your place", "slut", "shut up stupid woman", and in private messages I have been called worse that I can't write here. I have also endured racist remarks against Native Americans.

I'm not the only woman who has experienced this either. ATS is definitely going the way of GLP, and the owners are doing nothing to stop it. With the Trayvon threads, it's like the flood gates opened for all of the racists to come flooding in....... even far worse than it did with any thread on Muslims.

I will take my leave from ATS forever if it doesn't stop. I'll look for greener pastures, but until then I'm holding out for hope that the owners will end it. This could be a good place again.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I definitely feel you there, Thunder. I've been here for years, and recently joined, and as soon as I did, BAM. Never thought that I'd see this here.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Thunder, I too have been verbally attacked by a couple of men on ATS, that I cautiously call "men".

Anyway, it does appear something is starting to be done about some of what is going on. Take a look.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Thumbs up.

There are a hundred racist, homophobic, sexist, blogs out there where people can freely express their opinion so there is nor reason to do it here. I will support your efforts whole heartedly.

Comical, standing against people who call for the genocide of your race makes one them-self a racist. Seeking to protect children from being brainwashed by homosexuals= homophobe, standing against the feminist, female supremacy hate movement makes one sexist. How very comical for you to try and claim good is evil and evil is good.

Sad reality is, ignorant people like you give justification to the real bigots(then again, perhaps your ignorance is just a shroud to cover your own bigotries). Because the only real sexism going on, is traditionalists and feminist's alike calling for boy's, young men and men to be regarded as disposable, domesticated pets.

The "homophobia" you speak of is from those who wish to be left alone, because I say the likes of you are a bunch of heterophobes. Going out of your way to deny heterosexuals the basic human right of self determination. All so homosexuals can force themselves onto hetero-culture like a bunch of rapists!

As for racism, if racism against Caucasians wasn't tolerated for so long, there would be no hostility. But the various leftist trash has been having a swell time of playing "blame the white devil" these last few years. That is going to create ill feelings. Add in blatant acts of hatred against Caucasians + ton's of new's events and it is sure to cause a storm(the only way to defuse the situation is for the blame whitey crowd to shut up, and take their licks and this will all pass).

You "tolerance" crowd people remind me of a spoiled five year old that likes to bully others, but when one calls you out on your bullying or tries to give back what you given them, you run to the nearest authority figure with crocodile tears coming from your eyes.

edit on 10-4-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
reply to post by PapaKrok

Yep. A long time ago, in a land far far away, Godlike productions was a great forum, similar to anomalies.net before that forum closed. But then all of the nasty racist trolls found it, and took it down. It was an enjoyable place while it lasted, but now it's just a troll haven.

And it's not just racism going on, on ATS, there is verbal abuse taking place against women. I've been told "shut up", "know your place", "slut", "shut up stupid woman", and in private messages I have been called worse that I can't write here. I have also endured racist remarks against Native Americans.

I'm not the only woman who has experienced this either. ATS is definitely going the way of GLP, and the owners are doing nothing to stop it. With the Trayvon threads, it's like the flood gates opened for all of the racists to come flooding in....... even far worse than it did with any thread on Muslims.

I will take my leave from ATS forever if it doesn't stop. I'll look for greener pastures, but until then I'm holding out for hope that the owners will end it. This could be a good place again.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

Grow up.

If someone is harassing you in private messages BLOCK THEM, THEN REPORT THEM ASAP(and hopefully they will be banned)! If someone say's chauvinistic bs CALL THEM OUT ON IT! Don't submit, don't back down. That simple. Most chauvinists, as thick skull-ed as they are, are functioning cowards waiting to be corrected.

As per anti Native American-ism(Probably talking about me as I don't see anyone else addressing the truth on the "Natives") stop acting so sanctimonious. Your ancestors butchered the previous inhabitants, my ancestors pushed the inhabitants that butchered the previous inhabitants onto reservations(well I had an ancestor who died in the Sugarloaf massacre, an ambush by the Sene Indianas, and a regiment of Tories/Loyalist's during the Revolutionary War). It is the horrid nature of our species. Now that doesn't justify the horrible state of the reservations today, nor diminish the human suffering going on. But trying to use an ancestral guilt trip, while purposefully denying ones own ancestral guilt is beyond absurd, it is down right pathological, and it only inflames the situation.

Look at the poster a few spaces above me. Talking about "real man this or that", that kind of garbage cut's both ways. And in the end, chauvinism, regardless if it is coming from men or women, only re-enforces more chauvinism. In that light I find it comical when Chauvinistic gal's bemoan the fact that chauvinistic guy's are treating them in a chauvinistic manner, when they themselves see no wrong in being chauvinistic towards others.

One thing always leads to another. In order to stop chauvinism against women, chauvinism against men has to stop as well.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
During my last few visits into this forum, I haven't done much more than post alerts. I'd like to be able to focus on other things, but the river of vomit keeps rising, and is threatening to engulf this forum completely.

Consider yourselves on notice, bigots. Every thread I encounter that promotes hatred of people of different skin colours, sexual orientations, religions, or whatever else, is going to have an alert posted to the staff. Whether or not the mods themselves do anything is their perogative; but as long as I'm around, they're not going to be able to claim they didn't know about this material.

I've tried asking nicely, close to half a dozen times now, in fact. You've made it abundantly clear that you are not willing to listen; so I'm not asking any more. At this point, the Batcape is going on.

I'm asking anyone else here who is willing to help, to join me in alerting the staff about the existence of these threads. We need to begin the process of taking back this forum.

If there is a race war currently brewing in America, then it is bad enough that it will be fought in the streets. It should not be fought here, and those who would seek to do so, need to be banned.

So i'm guessing anyone who posts something that you don't like will now be alerted. Interesting.

If someone creates a thread 'should homosexuals have parades?' annnd someone goes in and says no for whatever reason than BAM they must be anti gay and now you are spamming ATS with alerts. (and the homosexual thing is just an example)

Heres one that could mean anything. 'is it really ok for the tin man to get married?' As soon as someone says NO than OMG he must hate people made of tin and better put up an alert.

Point being, disagreeing with an issue, or pointing out factual information about the subject doesn't make you a hater of any particular group.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

But who is any member to become a vigilante? And dictate what is right, wrong and scream for censorship?

mods cannot mod everything. If you want ATS to be clean its important to use the alert button....Its not being vigilante it is being an active member of your community..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I couldn't agree more and I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one. I've found myself reporting a couple here lately where I wouldn't have before. I hate the idea of being "that kind" of member, running around and dropping alerts on people.

It did occur to me on a recent thread where the issues kinda fell into some nasty back and forth..that if the Mods don't get reports than they can assume no one really cares and hence their enforcement may even be unpopular or make people mad. Why bother, I was thinking, if they see something borderline that really IS upsetting us out here.....but they can't know we're even annoyed with it?

So Amen to your OP and your thoughts. I've had my own bad nights with a rough post now and then. I'm no Angel, just a bunny with an opinion.

However, your general thoughts are shared. If we don't act and report the worst of it, then ATS going downhill in the future is a condition we have ourselves to look at for the cause of, huh?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
*sigh*

Who are we to police others? We aren't in charge of anything...and although the laungage isnt what you agree with understand that if it is not directed to anyone in paticular, then said individual has that right to his beliefs.

Who are you to say otherwise? Just because we opperate on a higher level of thought than others doesn't mean we should chastise them for not holding their beliefs to ours.

Opinions are like rear ends.....everyone has one.....and not everyones is pleasant to look at.

I will say however that there are some valid points to some of these comments others make out of spite and/or ignorance. Just because they are giving their point in a way that we do not like, does not make them wrong alltogether.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

I agree we are in no position to police anyone else but we must, as a community, self-police. I see a big difference there.

I may be partially bias here because I'm a volunteer mod at another site myself. It's nothing like ATS and nothing anyone here has heard of, but forums are forums to some degree and the problems are scale. Here of course it's ENORMOUS scale by the stats they keep and show. However, if things get bad, it's because we've allowed it and said nothing.

Another thing that I've seen talked about on boards here at ATS but it's been quite some time. Some of the newest people may not be aware and not everyone sees every thread. It sure matters to share here though and that is how I've seen Mods describe the way this works on their end. Simply put, nothing of consequence is done by an individual. Everything is discussed, so that tells me multiple sets of eyes and judgement is used. I'm perfectly fine with that and comfortable that over eager or false reports will be caught and disregarded.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join