It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consider yourselves warned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by PapaKrok

I agree. Freedom of speech also requires responsibility.

And yet. . .

Many abuse that responsibility. A perfect shield to "flames" is the truth, dignity, and an unwaivering apprach to any given topic.

Fight someone with THAT and if they continue to battle with lies, half-truths, vitriol and stupidity then they'll just be painting a very unflattering self-portrait.

I starred you

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok

Originally posted by HermesTrismegistus

I like the fact that people express what they feel and there is nothing wrong with telling the truth or expressing how you feel.

Hate is nothing more than a human emotion that is highly overrated.

To attempt to eliminate it from the world would be a major act in futility and very unrealistic.

You need hate in the world...for a world without hate is an unbalanced and unhealthy world.

Only a child or someone without worldly exposure could not understand its unique niche.

As with everything relating to human interaction too much or too little can upset a very delicate social balance.

Yea...but do you really want ATS to come to this?
GLP has degenerated to name calling and racist rants.
www.godlikeproductions.com...

edit on 9-4-2012 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

Racists, bigots, haters, liars, a-holes, ect have been here on ATS since day one circa 1999.

Apparently you never knew the ATS of old and I will not fault you for this, but you have haters everywhere you go.

Where you you live? in a hole in the ground?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think the OP stated it well, when he said let the Mods decide. I think that we can all agree, for the most part the Mods are fair judges of what constitutes hate speech and what is just ignorant. No one is corrected by them without first being warned, sometimes more than once. It is bull headed persistence that gets people banned.

There is nothing wrong with alerting staff to potential problems. The OP is not appointing himself arbiter of ATS, he is expressing frustration at intolerance. imho

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Believe me if I could have saved ATS I would have done so being a life-long devoted truth seeker, but times have changed and so has what the people want to hear.

UGC is what is happening now....people want to hear BS and MSM's UGC agenda is about giving the people what they have created in their own minds vs. factual information.

It is not wise to play a snitch... just leave people to themselves.

I hated to see ATS go down in content from what it used to be...this was back in the day the only true source to get the dl on the dl...everything has its peak then degenerates and fades.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Speaking only for myself I would like to say:
A) Thank you for alerting these threads, it's impossible to stop something if we don't know about it.
B) These are still subjects that are going to be talked about - if not here then somewhere else.
C) We don't want to impinge on anyone's right to speak or voice their opinion BUT we are doing our level best to remove any and all posts that are patently racist, offensive or meant to bait others. It's a hard line to demarcate sometimes but we feel confident with the support of the membership we can keep it to a minimum.

Now more than ever we need to be able to discuss these events and our feelings about them.
Thank you for your care and concern.

Remember not all Mods are on at any time and we each have only a few forums that are ours to moderate so please be patient if you don't see something being done quickly enough.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok

I like the fact that people express what they feel and there is nothing wrong with telling the truth or expressing how you feel.

Hate is nothing more than a human emotion that is highly overrated.

To attempt to eliminate it from the world would be a major act in futility and very unrealistic.

You need hate in the world...for a world without hate is an unbalanced and unhealthy world.

Only a child or someone without worldly exposure could not understand its unique niche.

As with everything relating to human interaction too much or too little can upset a very delicate social balance.

Yea...but do you really want ATS to come to this?
GLP has degenerated to name calling and racist rants.
www.godlikeproductions.com...

edit on 9-4-2012 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

Racists, bigots, haters, liars, a-holes, ect have been here on ATS since day one circa 1999.

Apparently you never knew the ATS of old and I will not fault you for this, but you have haters everywhere you go.

Where you you live? in a hole in the ground?

I've been on the forum since 2008. I see you joined this year. I'm pretty active out there. Google me. No rocks.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

how about the rotten apple comments you vomit....take your self righteousness back to your cave and go fly a bat-kite

you are no saint on ATS buddy
edit on 9-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

OK we will consider you a Hypocrite then and warn you to stop acting like your a Mod! OK? OK then, its not your job to limit free speech or expression that has got a little out of hand in this PC Liberal world let alone here at ATS!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
BRILLIANT!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think most here are old enough and intelligent enough to tell right from wrong.
That said...if you feel its nessessary to ring the mod bell,, dont then bump the thread by replying to it.....
It is difficult to discuss even, the madness of inter racial strife, without insulting some bodys moores.
Perhaps we should all take a tact lesson, before we post heated retorts to what could be deemed
the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune....
If anything, the situation needs airing or it wont go away....On the other hand all these violent murder threads from every part of the known universe do not really help anything......
If we can mutually respect each other then maybe theres a chance that the rest of the society could also respect each other.....
If WE cant, well, what does that say for humanity and its future?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

its because of people like you that america is headed in the direction it is...

the cry babies/weak/thin skinned people like yourself.....

because of people like you a little something called the PATRIOT ACT was realized, those people who are easily "offended" and go on crying to those in charge for "help" and "protection" and then those in charge instill, more tyranny and tighten the grip on the peoples rights, for "their own protection" ...

you sir are nothing more than a tattle tale for lack of better word...instead of fighting your own battles you go and point fingers at others, and snitch them out...

because of people like you perfectly good threads with great topics have been deleted

people like you KILL freedom of speech.

now if you excuse me.

a certain godly forum is calling me, at least there freedom of speech and saying exactly how you feel still reigns supreme.

in trying to be "civil" and "proper" people like you have RUINED ATS

have a nice day mr snitch

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So I guess the best way to apply to be a mod would to be to open a thread similar to this one? whoops no brown nosing going on here just trying to be batman cause my kickass costume didnt arrive in the mail yet. sheesh what am I saying guess im just skeptical. perhaps ATS made me that way. Of course the op is just trying to fight racism and sexism because we all know these evil forces have never been out of hand before...must act now before tis to late!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
During my last few visits into this forum, I haven't done much more than post alerts. I'd like to be able to focus on other things, but the river of vomit keeps rising, and is threatening to engulf this forum completely.

Consider yourselves on notice, bigots. Every thread I encounter that promotes hatred of people of different skin colours, sexual orientations, religions, or whatever else, is going to have an alert posted to the staff. Whether or not the mods themselves do anything is their perogative; but as long as I'm around, they're not going to be able to claim they didn't know about this material.

I've tried asking nicely, close to half a dozen times now, in fact. You've made it abundantly clear that you are not willing to listen; so I'm not asking any more. At this point, the Batcape is going on.

I'm asking anyone else here who is willing to help, to join me in alerting the staff about the existence of these threads. We need to begin the process of taking back this forum.

If there is a race war currently brewing in America, then it is bad enough that it will be fought in the streets. It should not be fought here, and those who would seek to do so, need to be banned.

Mark has already posted a thread about this. The mods and admins have been quite prevalent on the site lately. I am quite sure they are watching................
edit on 9-4-2012 by Captain Beyond because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-4-2012 by Captain Beyond because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

No no no, the space goats have to go!
second line

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ok batman...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Geeezzzz the bottom line..... The bottom bottom line.... You'll have " undesireables" no matter where you go!

To act as a tyrant over it isnt going to fix the problem....

To act as a babysitter isn't going to fix the problem...

Yelling/bitching isnt going to fix the problem....

Blocking ignorance.... So their voice can't be heard, has always worked.

Silence them by taking away their voice= block= ignore.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Typical bat person. They are all the same...

Calling the kettle black.

People living in glass bat caves should not throw stones...

I think I am out... oh wait, one more.

Two things I can't stand, bigots and bat people...
edit on 9-4-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think the mods have done a good job on monitoring the threads in these forums. Let's remember, before you post, is what you are about to say adding to the conversation, and is it good for ATS. I love this site and am the last to cry for censorship. The mods are on top of it. The hate talk and vulgar speech is not what I think the founding fathers had in mind when they created the first amendment. Hate talk/vulgarity is not educational, but meant to hurt.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Hello ATS.

I am guilty of being a racist. I hate OPs, they are always starting something.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dananni
reply to post by petrus4

Hello ATS.

I am guilty of being a racist. I hate OPs, they are always starting something.

I don't think that is racist...just ignorant!

It has been well hashed out many times on ATS...you just are getting your first dose!

edit on 9-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join