It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes it's like...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Slamming my head against a wall. It's so hard to come on to ATS and enjoy reading things when every other thread is comprised of mindless regurgitation of stupidity. When someone brings up an idea that could be plausible, but is factually incorrect, they continue to be ignorant to the facts disproving their theory. They just continue to attack everyone who tries to tell them they are wrong.

And that's another thing! Unabashed hatred for no reason. I'm not saying that someone's opinion is wrong in any way, but when said person makes a thread with the sole focus of bashing something but hides it, quite horribly, behind something else, it's rather annoying. Some people, I think, just come here to attack others because they have a personality complex. They have to feel like a big man/woman somewhere, right? Why not behind a keyboard through the anonymity of the internet?

Oh! What the hell is with all the "fad threads?!" Why does everyone feel the need to beat the dead horse. At the cost of sounding silly, beaten dead horse is beaten and dead. When I see the hot topics on the main site, I usually take a gander at them and see what they're all about. Most times, they're something original. And sometimes they can be very controversial. That's all well and fine. Stick it to that one thread and leave it there. We don't need 1000 clones of that thread to be made that eventually lead to incredulous amount of idiocy and making the subject become a sore spot that the mods will pay closer attention to and result in possibly more bans.

And is it just me, or does it seem that a majority of the ATS user base are becoming more and more paranoid every day? In some threads, it just seems so obvious that the OP is grasping for straws and seeing shadows around every corner. Some things brought up as a government conspiracy are not what they seem. This can go back to doing research for facts before posting about something. If your facts are not straight, you'll come off as a paranoid moron looking for spooks in his/her closet.

I may not be the shining example of what I'm ranting about. In fact, there have been times when I've let either my emotions or boredom control me and lead me to posting something stupid. I know we're all human and subject to human error. But sometimes, I just wish people would use their brain when posting here. It seems like some users just don't have the ability to do that. I would give examples, but I'm not wanting to really highlight anyone. The list would be too long, really.

Maybe I just need to step away from ATS. Take a long hiatus and come back to see if people have mellowed out and smartened up. But I doubt it. There's a conspiracy everywhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
yarg..

indeed ...

"get up all you critters pee... the world is on fire"

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

I am with you my friend on this. I have tried to avoid getting invovled in any Travon Martin thread's, and even after the warnings from the site owner's and mod's alike, I count at least six thread's a day on this story and everyone tries to inflame the situation or start two camp's one for one against and it goes on and on and on and on. Today I woke up and saw one and finally posted my thought's on this whole thing. I didn't take side's , I only expressed what I feel inside and how I feel everyone is being played. I was hoping maybe one person might see that we al need to just stop fighting and stay focused on the bigger picture. After checking a while later to see if anyone, even one person would respond to my thought's , I counted six plus more posts past mine that just kept going on and on about who's right and who's wrong, and your this and your that. No one even responed or got what I was trying to say. It was totally ignored and the two camps just kept bickering.
Everyone is in such a state of paranioa and zombie like state, reacting to everything exactly the way TPTB want them to. Like fear mongering programmed sheep.
Yesterday I felt like you and I went out for a long hike just to remember what the real world looks like and how much all the mind games in the world today keep everyone in a constant state of fear just waiting for something to happen. I am getting very disallusioned by this site lately.
Either the intelligence level of everyone here has dropped to an all time low, or peope want to keep living in this mindless state of fear, or ATS is encouraging the type of mindless fear mongering we see coming from the MSM everyday.
I don't know what to think anymore regarding ATS , but I'm at the crossroads.
Heres a link to my post and scroll the pages after what I stated and see for yourself what I'm talking about.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Oy oy!

People shouldn't make threads asking others for their opinions if they are not willing to have an open minded discussion about it.
I've been seeing those quite frequently. Already convinced people only trying to affirm their own beliefs without anything substantial to back it up.

pretty moronic anti-productive behavior if you ask me

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I hear you.

My presence here daunts on me when I see threads that would be more suited on GLP, receiving 100's of stars.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy ATS but it is becoming an unfortunate fact that the user base is becoming ever more ignorant.

Another thing that riles me up is the amount of stars certain members have even though they are very politically right wing, dont like gays, Muslims, other countries- Lord forbid a country existing that is full of Islamic queers, these people would literally travel their on foot and commit to the demise of these peoples existence.

ATS is full of:

Black vs White social issues and whose fault it is.
Ron Paul.
Left vs Right.
I came from xentobia to sit on ATS and tell you i came from xentobia and how i know the future.
Religious Christians saying how God found them, trying to inspire you into religion.
Gay rights and if they should be exterminated or sent to their own island.

I find it hard to actually post on this site now due to the amount of non conspiracy threads that are posted

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
In case some people missed it, ATS used to have multitudes of posts that looked like this:

South America: The Definitive Geographic Location Of Atlantis

As you can see, this is one of very few in-depth posts that include lots of research and work put in to it.

And I'm going to go back on what I said about not highlighting people, but some of the threads are getting just plain ridiculous. Maybe it's just me.

[Any Trayvon Martin or gun law thread should be steered clear of. They're nothing but flame wars.]

Americans Bombed Pearl Harbor With Airplanes Designed To Look Japanese

The OP of this thread did pose an interesting theory. But as you can see if you read it, that it's a theory that can't exactly be true due to, oh you know, factual evidence that proves the theory wrong. Interesting idea, sure, but any amount of research would prove it wrong. Or maybe I'm just close minded?

Threads like this nastiness exist all over the place. It's like people want to come here just to throw out craziness like this and fear monger people. Or trololol their way to the ban-house. The OP, now banned, was extremely volatile and an all around troll.

Here's a good example of a thread that poses something will happen and they have proof. Where's the proof? But wait, have you seen how big this thread is? 54 pages with 214 flags. I can't even get through half of the posts because most of it is just drivel that holds no merit to the title. I think I'm more flabbergasted with the idea that this thread has taken off like a rocket to the moon than anything else.

And this last one here...this is just hilarious. This is a great example of how paranoia and lack of knowledge/research will lead a person to do silly things. And when evidence is presented that they're wrong, nope, they fight it.

I feel bad for highlighting people like this, but these are examples of some of the things that have driven me crazy on this site lately.

top topics

join