It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stalking Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I don't really see anything wrong with you, but then again some think I am crazy, so there you are....it is a matter of perception at least in this forum.
I too have a strange fascination with the death process, I have been seeing Spirits of the dead for most of my life anyway, so this seems normal to me. I have a plastic scull dressed as an eye patched, bandana clad Pirate scull on the dash of my van, and I have noticed that the kids just love it, and often point, and tell their parents how cool it is. The adults, on the other hand, do not seem to like it as a whole. Some have even told me it looks bad to have that "thing" there, in plain sight. And that I have a strange obsession with death....

It seems from this, and BTW, I am a student of psychology, it seems like the kids remember the death process, and can directly relate to it. Adults have forgotten, after years of input such as talk, music, teachings, and experiences. Adults also do not like to think about death, especially after one reaches the age of 50 or so, it suddenly comes to one that death is right around the corner, especially if one has smoked, drank heavily, or been injured a lot, or are prone to some genetic illness. Also, friends and family members die.

I have come to believe that the greatest fear any human being has is death. This fear is inbred, probably in an effort to preserve life by our Creators. I have seen dead people many times, and have even spoken to a few, my Father, and my Grandfather, along with two old and dear friends who passed have all visited me in full apparition.
I am told that the place of the dead is a lot like the Nexus in the Star Trek film, "Generations."

I have come to strongly believe that this place of the dead is actually the 4th dimension of time and space. As we live in the 3rd dimension, the 4th is right above our heads.

All through life, human beings form a program in their minds about death, whether they are aware of this or not. Almost everyone has some idea of what will happen after they "die." We have many control factors in play, and religion is one big problem for this. Religion, especially the Christian religion, teaches the one life theory, and an automatic Judgement at the moment of death, followed by a forever sentence to one of two prisons, one with metal floors and jeweled walls, one with fire pits and torturers on station.
In one you praise an unknown Being every minute of every day, in the other I suppose you are not required to do that, but the other factors are bad enough.

Researching the origins of these beliefs, I was able to cast off these fatal thoughts, and go through life with a smile on my face, welcoming death as a needed change for a Spiritual Being who has been trapped here for many generations now.
Thanks for the post, I starred and flagged you for a very good piece. Cudos.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I don't think there is anything wrong with you.

I love cemeteries, they are very peaceful places to be. Wandering among tombstones and markers gives one a remarkable sense of being in touch with history, with the past.

I, too, look at the faces of people who've been mummified or whose visages are eternally preserved as a daguerreotype or photographs or film and wonder who they were, what they were like, where they ended up.

But, I then also wonder about their descendants and I wonder if people in their family tree noticeably resemble their deceased ancestors.

It is very natural to see death as a connection to the past, as opposed to a finality of the present.

It is only morbid because society says it is morbid.

I have been around people while their bodies are dying and after they've passed on. I say it this way because this is how it seems to me. When the body dies, there is no more energy emanating from it. Though I hate to see a corpse being disrespected or treated with indignity, I do see that it is a corpse, and take some comfort in the fact that the being has transcended that indignity.

I, personally, am more comfortable around unpreserved corpses. Enbalmed corpses barely even resemble the person as s/he was in life. It is very clear, then, to see that the body is just a husk or vessel - that the person we knew has left our reality and left his/her physical shell behind.
edit on 4/12/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
I, personally, am more comfortable around unpreserved corpses. Enbalmed corpses barely even resemble the person as s/he was in life.

I couldn't agree more. And, if you look at people who have had facial cosmetic surgery, especially multiple times, you get the same 'look', almost as though they are starting the embalming process early and wish to appear cadaveristic...though they are convincing themselves of the opposite. While attempting to turn back time, the reality of removing the excess skin is to prematurely begin their decomposition and reduction in preparation of death. Hadn't thought of it that way until you mentioned it though...just look at Joan Rivers, excellent case in point...could she look any more like an animated mummified corpse..?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
I couldn't agree more. And, if you look at people who have had facial cosmetic surgery, especially multiple times, you get the same 'look', almost as though they are starting the embalming process early and wish to appear cadaveristic...though they are convincing themselves of the opposite. While attempting to turn back time, the reality of removing the excess skin is to prematurely begin their decomposition and reduction in preparation of death. Hadn't thought of it that way until you mentioned it though...just look at Joan Rivers, excellent case in point...could she look any more like an animated mummified corpse..?

You know, that is very true. Not to mention the various chemicals which are pumped in under the skin for whatever cosmetic trend at the time.

Now, I know that some people are actually addicted to plastic surgery or have mental health issues where they believe themselves so ugly that the only way to "fix" it is to radically alter the face/body. But, since there are only so many procedures the flesh can take, various cave-ins and rips and so on take a toll on the "enhancements".

I have no answer for Joan Rivers other than she has probably been having surgery for nigh on 50 years, and the state of her face is living proof of the gradual evolution of plastic surgery. Though, I would say she resembles a grey alien more than anything at this point... just my opinion, though.

I do look at the stereotyping today among females and it disturbs me that people want to look like corpses - dead eyes, jutting joints, and all. I cannot understand it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by Minori

That's true for me then. I'm a ♏ and am fascinated by death.

OP, I don't think there's anything wrong with this at all, it's natural in my opinion, what I find unnatural is just trudging through life eating rubbish food, drinking rubbish chemical filled juice, playing games and watching TV all day, while working a dead end job, and not giving a damn about death.

I'm often wondering how people must feel at the exact moment of death. It must just be a relief, knowing you won't have to put up with this horrible world. Although I imagine for the religious types, it'd be more of a worry than relief, what with the whole Hell concept.

Ever seen the movie Martyrs? I LOVE the way they perceived death and an afterlife through all the martyrs looking upwards just before death. Not in a religious way, but I do believe there is something after death.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join