It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal' vaccine that could beat 90 per cent of cancers is tested on humans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by spacedonk

I'm not saying you shouldn't be interested, it is interesting, but gene targeted therapy is nothing new. Dr Bruzynski has been in human trials for a long long time! He's been dealing with the worst types of cancers too. It's definitely worth a watch, I think you will be amazed that you haven't heard about it, I know I was.

Please don't feel I'm attacking you, I am just very skeptical in general, it's healthy to question.

Not at all!! (the attack bit
)

but is gene therapy what the article is talking about?? Being a protein within a cell is that what it is? I have heard/read about gene therapy before but I am nowhere near a scientist. I did not see this news as gene therapy, more a poison for a certain type of protein?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
When I read some of this I couldn't help but think of I Am Legend the movie.

Cool concept if the vaccine would work, but I am so hesitant about any Big Pharma stuff i see.

~Q

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Let's quit trying to save people. We're too many. Let's quit dumping $ into extending the inevitable.

We are SUPPOSED to die. It is our gift for living.

What, you religious folks afraid you're wrong?

Derek

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thats amazing news, we can only hope TPTB dont sweep this under the rug. We could really use a vaccine like this. If it destroys cancer like they say it does who knows what other treatments it can be used with. 8 years is abit of a wait but thats a good thing so they will be able to work out all the kinks, but for all we know they've known of this for years and are just now coming out with it.

edit on 9-4-2012 by ProspectPhilosopher because: Spelling Error

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Sorry for the delay... Glad you didn't take offense, sometimes I use exclamation marks too much and people get the wrong idea! lol...

Okay well you may well be right, I am no scientist either, but I assume proteins have genes too? Regardless the principle is the same any way. It is targeted therapy. I just assumed the vaccine would find the protein via it's specific gene.

Gene targeted therapy is great because it is tailored to the individual and not just some blanket response. As is the case with chemo or radiation therapy (god I had trouble typing that, radiation and therapy do not sit well together!)

Did you get round to watching the Documentary? I would say it is paradigm changing!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
Yes, so wouldn't a control case be beneficial then to see exactly what the difference is?

You want a control case? Go to any oncology ward in the country. You will see dozens of people who are not receiving the experimental intervention, and you can see how their diseases progress without it.

And as I've said if your immune system can fight the dis-ease anyway wouldn't just boosting your immune system naturally have a positive effect?

No. You can "boost" your immune system all you want, but if it doesn't know how to make the right antibodies, it's useless. Or even harmful. Many people have died when their immune systems were "boosted" into anaphylactic shock by bee stings, etc.

I'm very skeptical about medical science to be honest, just look how they have treated Dr Bruzynski...

Yes, they have tolerated that old fraud far too long. Of course, that's not really the fault of medical science, it's more the fault of medical regulation, but still I see your point. The profession should do more to warn people about men like Burzynski.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR

Another government stupid.
Waiting until 2020 to make sure its safe.
To put it bluntly, people will die anyway... why not start human trials now.

Of course the logic and relationship of government and pharmaceutical companies and vaccines will not change for sometime.

Especially not with the anti-vaccine movement screaming bloody blue murder for existing vaccines, and nut-jobs on here supporting them willy nilly claiming they are all evil, etc.

Which is it to be - do we test this vaccine on everybody, thus justifying all the claims that we are guinea pigs?? Or do we go for limited trials to try to establish a statistical basis for safe treatment, thus justifying all the claims that we are being left to die when treatment is available??

sometimes the stupidity on here is too obvious!!

edit on 9-4-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm hoping this news is toooooo late for Robert Mugabe

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
this is all a bunch of smoke and mirrors

you see at least twice a year a promise of some new experimental cure for 99.9% of cancers is claimed .It is always at least ten tears out and it is never mentioned again

even if it did come true it wouldn't cure whatever cancer YOU get

since I have been alive(early neolithic) I've been hearing this crap....over and over..and over..

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Which is it to be - do we test this vaccine on everybody, thus justifying all the claims that we are guinea pigs?? Or do we go for limited trials to try to establish a statistical basis for safe treatment, thus justifying all the claims that we are being left to die when treatment is available??

sometimes the stupidity on here is too obvious!!

Instead of testing it on everybody I prefer we allow those who need immediate cancer treatment to elect to try it for themselves, or not. Considering the current options available....

edit on 12-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Such an option is not actually real testing at all.

Sufferers would certainly be allowed to join real testing of course.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I think specifically it means that the immune system is able to fight any 'foreign body/cells/infection' in the body, this vaccine gives it a helping hand by specifically targeting a protein that is present in the cancerous cells and thereby assists the immune system to fight the cancer by the infectious cells being weaker.

Maybe the vaccine "highlights" the cancer cells as "invaders", thereby allowing the immune system to identify and destroy them.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Given that Cancer comes from Vaccines, this is all getting a bit bizarre now. Just avoid them FULLSTOP

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How convenient that they only now create this vaccine when there have been several drugs known in the past to shrink cancerous tumors, but were never developed or tested beyond clinical trials due to the drugs in question being unpatented.

This is a clip from CTV News sometime in early 2007, and it speaks for itself.

How much will this new vaccine cost? Or rather, how much will this new vaccine make for the pharmaceutical companies? While I would appreciate any drug released to the market to fight any illness or disease, I can't help but question the motive to develop this vaccine when drugs like DCA can be as easily and cheaply made as baking soda.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchAngel_X

Research into DCA is ongoing - there are sources of funding other than patent protection, and the idea that it has somehow been abandoned is nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join