It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal' vaccine that could beat 90 per cent of cancers is tested on humans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Universal' vaccine that could beat 90 per cent of cancers is tested on humans

www.dailymail.co.uk

A vaccine that targets a molecule in 90 per cent of all cancers has been tested on humans for the first time.
Results from the safety trial - on patients with blood cancer - found all had greater immunity to the disease after receiving the vaccine. Three of the seven patients who have completed the treatment are now free of the condition.
As a therapeutic vaccine it is designed to be given to patients to help their bodies fight cancer rather than the majority - known as prophylactic vaccines - that aim to prevent disease in the first place.
Researchers believe the jab could also tackle bre
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
maybe just maybe the breakthrough is coming just before they release the untreatable flu strain thats been created

Even tumours that resist treatment with the best medicines on the market, including the breast cancer ‘wonder drug’ Herceptin, may be susceptible to the vaccine.
If all goes well, the vaccine – called ImMucin – could be on the market by 2020.
More than 300,000 cases of cancer are diagnosed in Britain each year and the disease kills around half this number annually.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

increased immunity:

Rather than attacking cancer cells, like many drugs, the new treatment harnesses the power of the immune system to fight tumours.
The search for cancer vaccines has until now been hampered by fears that healthy tissue would be destroyed with tumours.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

p.s. searched and couldnt find the news

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
2020?

That's a long time to wait to get this, but if it works then maybe the wait is worth it?

I wonder what side effects if any this has too?

Funny actually, I was just reading the fictional timeline that goes with the new Prometheus movie, and the fictional Weyland corp was said to have eradicated around 90% of cancer around the 2020's...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

So if they had "greater immunity" to the dis-ease, doesn't that mean they had some immunity naturally beforehand? And if that is the case how many would of cleared the disease without the help of the vaccine? Did they do a control where they gave a placebo? Aren't there natural remedies to boost ones immune system?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I for one welcome the new Zombie/Vampires ala the Krippin Virus...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I think specifically it means that the immune system is able to fight any 'foreign body/cells/infection' in the body, this vaccine gives it a helping hand by specifically targeting a protein that is present in the cancerous cells and thereby assists the immune system to fight the cancer by the infectious cells being weaker.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yes, so wouldn't a control case be beneficial then to see exactly what the difference is? And as I've said if your immune system can fight the dis-ease anyway wouldn't just boosting your immune system naturally have a positive effect?

I'm very skeptical about medical science to be honest, just look how they have treated Dr Bruzynski...

I would also be very interested in finding out the ingredients that are in the "vaccine".

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Also interestingly from the same newspaper (DailyMail) there are further vaccine stories today. (Is it international release your test results day?!?)

1. age related blindness jab

2. Ste m cell jab that repairs liver

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

Yes, so wouldn't a control case be beneficial then to see exactly what the difference is? And as I've said if your immune system can fight the dis-ease anyway wouldn't just boosting your immune system naturally have a positive effect?

I'm very skeptical about medical science to be honest, just look how they have treated Dr Bruzynski...

I would also be very interested in finding out the ingredients that are in the "vaccine".

Yes but the immune system is only effective when the cell is restricted by using this vaccine other means of boosting your immune system do not affect the cancer cell

EDIT::::::::: I naievly assume they had a control??!!?? if not certainly earlier on animal studies
edit on 9-4-2012 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by splittheatom
2020?

That's a long time to wait to get this, but if it works then maybe the wait is worth it?

I wonder what side effects if any this has too?

Funny actually, I was just reading the fictional timeline that goes with the new Prometheus movie, and the fictional Weyland corp was said to have eradicated around 90% of cancer around the 2020's...

Another government stupid.
Waiting until 2020 to make sure its safe.
To put it bluntly, people will die anyway... why not start human trials now.

Of course the logic and relationship of government and pharmaceutical companies and vaccines will not change for sometime.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
hi op
my miracle cure
Bicarbonate of soda

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
People have suspicioned the cancer research institutes have been suppressing cures for a long time and the internet has brought that suspicion into the light. Maybe they figure it's about time they introduced some real progress. Then again maybe they have been up front the whole time and this is a for real breakthrough that has finally been discovered.

Just to keep my cynicism in place, it probably will come with a hefty price tag like about $1,000 a treatment required three times a week for several months.

I hope this works at least 90% of the time and is available for everyone whether or not they can afford Pharma's asking price.

edit on 9-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yes but the immune system is only effective when the cell is restricted by using this vaccine other means of boosting your immune system do not affect the cancer cell

How do you know that? Without a control you wouldn't and the fact they said "greater" indicates the defense is there to begin with but this 'helps'. But again without a control that is hard to even determine.

Do you know about Dr Bruzynski? He's been going on about gene targeted therapy since the 70's! Have you seen his documentary? It's astonishing.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Seven of the patients have finished the treatment and Vaxil reported that all of them had greater immunity against cancer cells compared to before they were given the vaccine. Of the seven, three patients are reportedly free of detectable cancer.
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

They aren't saying they have a 90% success rate, it's saying this COULD help 90% of cancers. I am one of those skeptics but not just about cancer treatment, I don't trust much about the drugs industry. I would still want to know what was in it before I put it inside me... I truly feel that our bodies can fight most dis-ease any way, we just need the right ingredients. Channel 4 food hospital had some great results in my opinion. (not with cancer but many other dis-eases.)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

i Thought they were saying this is effective against 90% of cancers because it specifically reacts against the specific protein which is present in 90% of cancers.... Maybe I am just thick?!?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The word COULD is in the title of the article, I'm not saying it won't or can't, but I'm just keeping a critical eye on it, that's all... You didn't reply about Dr Bruzynski, have you heard of him? Just search for him and you will see that this idea is nothing new. Though his treatments have shown no side effects and the results speak for themselves! The FDA has been trying to shut him down for years, bringing multiple court cases against him all of which he has won. I would highly recommend his doc... In fact I've searched for it on ATS and can't find a thread about it, though I know the search function is notoriously bad. It would amaze me if it's not been posted before.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

The word COULD is in the title of the article, I'm not saying it won't or can't, but I'm just keeping a critical eye on it, that's all... You didn't reply about Dr Bruzynski, have you heard of him? Just search for him and you will see that this idea is nothing new. Though his treatments have shown no side effects and the results speak for themselves! The FDA has been trying to shut him down for years, bringing multiple court cases against him all of which he has won. I would highly recommend his doc... In fact I've searched for it on ATS and can't find a thread about it, though I know the search function is notoriously bad. It would amaze me if it's not been posted before.

I did see the link to the good Doc and thought I would have a look ron when I can spend some time looking. I have seen a lot of research that seems to reveal there are cures and effective treatments. I was personally specifically interested in this research because:

a) it has progressed to HUMAN trials - that is a big deal in cancer terms, it takes a lot of reassurance with animal testing to get that far.
b) it is showing elimination efficacy of some 60% in their published HUMAN trial.
c) It is obvious (to me at any rate) that there is a way to defeat/combat cancer but the methodology of how is suppressed usually but in this case it is mainstream news.

Thats why I was interested.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Reminds me of this movie...Given the choice,I think I'd pass on that vaccine! (All vaccines,frankly.)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by splittheatom
wonder what side effects if any this has too?

Probably cancer.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I'm not saying you shouldn't be interested, it is interesting, but gene targeted therapy is nothing new. Dr Bruzynski has been in human trials for a long long time! He's been dealing with the worst types of cancers too. It's definitely worth a watch, I think you will be amazed that you haven't heard about it, I know I was.

Please don't feel I'm attacking you, I am just very skeptical in general, it's healthy to question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join