It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame not Homosexuality, but attack the root.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's pure BS.

How crudely your express your disagreement. I thought older people were supposed to be better spoken.

We are an "evolved" thinking species. We know what choice is. We are in control of this planet and all other species. We can and do regulate the reproduction of other species. We do not take intelligent responsibility of our own species.

All this is highly debatable, but I am willing to grant it since it detracts not one iota from the rather obvious fact that human beings are, with very few exceptions, slaves to their sexual instincts. The exceptions, incidentally, are those human beings who lack a fully developed libido.

The reproduction argument against homosexuals is stupid.

I am not arguing against homosexuals. I used to be married to one, and we are still best friends.

edit on 18/4/12 by Astyanax because: of an iota.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The main causes of homosexuality are fatherless, single-parent homes and childhood sexual abuse.
These are truisms that have been deliberately covered up by those with a destructive, hidden agenda.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The main causes of homosexuality are fatherless, single-parent homes and childhood sexual abuse.
These are truisms that have been deliberately covered up by those with a destructive, hidden agenda.

I'd like to know where you got your information, because that claim has not been proven by ANY valid, peer-reviewed study. There has been a study claiming that, but after a review by other researchers, it was found to be a faulty study.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think we have already established that the reproduction argument is a load of crap.

I believe we have also established that there is no good reason for the "homosexuals burn in hell" in the Bible.

That leaves us with no arguments against homosexuality...except hatred.

Once again, Homo Sapiens has proved itself the most hateful species on the planet. We're supposed to save the world...but who's supposed to save us?

God help us - oh, wait...he's going to kill half the world anyway.

...well, crap.

edit on CWednesdayam404059f59America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Annee

That's pure BS.

How crudely your express your disagreement. I thought older people were supposed to be better spoken.

LOL
- - deflection

We are an "evolved" thinking species. We know what choice is. We are in control of this planet and all other species. We can and do regulate the reproduction of other species. We do not take intelligent responsibility of our own species.

All this is highly debatable, but I am willing to grant it since it detracts not one iota from the rather obvious fact that human beings are, with very few exceptions, slaves to their sexual instincts.

Modern advancements do not require humans to abstain from sexual instincts. It does however require personal responsibility.

The exceptions, incidentally, are those human beings who lack a fully developed libido.

Would that refer to you? It certainly isn't me. I got divorced right in the middle of the sexual revolution Woo! Hoo! Am currently married to a man 21 years younger then me.

The reproduction argument against homosexuals is stupid.

I am not arguing against homosexuals. I used to be married to one, and we are still best friends.

I commend you for that.

edit on 18-4-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Modern advancements do not require humans to abstain from sexual instincts. It does however require personal responsibility.

Most of the time, we humans fail to see how completely we are ruled by sex. It is like asking a fish to see how it is ruled by water.

Freud was perhaps the first to understand this, although the theories he developed out of his insight were somewhat spurious. The insight itself, however, is easily confirmed, often just by looking around us. Most human behaviour is in some sense sexual behaviour.

This should not surprise us. Reproduction is the business of all life, and our particular form of it reproduces sexually. However, humans are particularly dominated by their sexual (meaning reproductive) instincts; for example, human females are essentially either in oestrus or pregnant all their lives from puberty to menopause, a very unusual state of affairs for a mammal. There are many other evolutionary factors that similarly tend to concentrate our minds on sex.

I admit that it is not very easy to see how filling out a tax return or changing a tyre can be aspects of sexual behaviour. It may help if we accept that what we call culture is largely the result of status competition amongst human males. Status competition is essentially sexual competition.

But this is not the thread in which to develop such arguments. I merely share them with you so that you understand the premises of my statement.

Am currently married to a man 21 years younger then me.

Yes, I know; you're always telling us. I think it proves my point.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What is all this "AIDS is more common amongst IV drug users, prostitues and homosexuals"??
Don't heterosexual people have anal sex too? Aren't many heterosexual men highly promiscuous? If prostitutes carry HIV, isn't it likely it came from a client?
D: I do not understand.

Man, I hate the Bible. Just saying. It may have made homosexuality a sin and whatever... But srsly. Other then killing homosexuals, religious f**king freaks also burned accused witches, including child 'witches' FFS. Not to mention, mass slayin of people of other religions, you know, 'believe in my God or die', stuff.
Also, women had to be virginal at marriage, women were inferior to men, pigs are a dirty animal... -.- The list of rules punishable by death goes on.

Seriously, why the hell do you people read that s**t anyway? It's pure evil.

I mean, there was also all this 'thou shalt not kill' and 'love thy neighbour' stuff, but... What a bunch of contradictory BS.

I can not prove there is no God any more then a believer can prove to me there is one. However, I think that if this God truley did say all of that stuff, then he's a bit of an asshole, and no way am I worshipping him. And if it isn't the word of God, as the Bible was written by some dickhead dude, then why listen to any of it??? Srsly.

There is NOTHING wrong with two men, or two women being in love, and/or having sex with eachother.

It is NOT unnatural, all manner of animals engage in same gender sex.
It is NOT abnormal, any more then red hair or being left-handed is.
And it certainly isn't going to cause a population crisis. There's too many people at the moment, anyway.

I certainly think a bisexual man/woman can choose to be gay or straight. I know many once bisexual women who have chosen a lesbian lifestyle because men are dicks. ;D
However, I think it would be extremely difficult for a gay man/woman to become straight, no easier then it would be for a straight man/woman to become gay. If a homosexual person tries to life a heterosexual lifestyle, they are not going to be very f**king happy.

It isn't something you change, and it isn't something you need to fix.

There may be a special 'gay' gene. There also may be a special 'I like rock music' gene, and a special 'I like girls with fringes' gene, as well as a 'dogs are my favorite animal gene', but seriously...

Does that even matter???

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join