Blame not Homosexuality, but attack the root.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

I could pick just about any book, twist its meaning to fit my goal, and it automatically becomes true as long as I believe it, right? Let's go there...

How was that passage from the bible i posted "twisted"? It is plain as day, i really don't know where people get these crazy ideas about the bible being twisted to say these things.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

Leviticus 18:22: Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

How is that taken out of contest or misused?

Saw a funny picture on circulating on the internet of a guy with this tatoo on his arm. Little did he know that Leviticus also says thou shall not put tatoos on your body. lol

Christians are full of these types of contradictions, its almost too easy.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

How was that passage from the bible i posted "twisted"? It is plain as day, i really don't know where people get these crazy ideas about the bible being twisted to say these things.

The words from your book are no more relevant than the words from any other book. While it has many positive messages, too many people use your bible to advocate intolerance based on the teachings of men like Leviticus rather than follow the message of love and acceptance that Christ taught.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Romans 1:26-27

King James Version (KJV)

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Lesbians are a no no too. I really wish people would stop trying to say that the bible somehow condones homosexuality. Nothing is taken out of context, it is really clear on the subject.

And is this thousand year old book, which you have no scientific basis for saying its events actually happened, other than cities and regions, the only reason you have to protest homosexuality?

Perhaps you yourself are gay? It is statistically proven that homophobia is a symptom of latent homosexual desires.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Romans 1:26-27

King James Version (KJV)

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Lesbians are a no no too. I really wish people would stop trying to say that the bible somehow condones homosexuality. Nothing is taken out of context, it is really clear on the subject.

And is this thousand year old book, which you have no scientific basis for saying its events actually happened, other than cities and regions, the only reason you have to protest homosexuality?

Where in any of my posts did I say any of the following?
1.That i am christian
2.That i believe in the bible
3. That i agree with the bible passages i posted

Perhaps you yourself are gay? It is statistically proven that homophobia is a symptom of latent homosexual desires.

Wow, you sure are smart! Unable to come up with a response to the question how that bible verse was "misused","twisted" or "taken out of context". You simply say that i have "homophobia" and am possibly gay-BRAVO. Truly the pinnacle of logic. I would just LOVE to see there "statistics" that prove your claim or just admit that you made it up.
edit on 9-4-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Oh dear me. Well, seeing as how your quotes speak of cow pies all by themselves, I wasn't going to rehash what they made clear.

Now, on to your questions:

1.That i am christian

Judaic followers are the only ones who have ever consistently waged war with homosexuals. In fact, their religion was the first one to BAN homosexuality. Thus, your protests are distinctly...well, Judaic.

2.That i believe in the bible

Your Bible is the first and foremost authority on Judaic rules and regulations. Figure it out.

3. That i agree with the bible passages i posted

Gimme a minute.

...okay, I'm good. One generally does not post material that is unsupportive to their case.

Do NOT treat me like an idiot. If you want to ask dumb questions, you're going to get exceedingly "DERP" responses.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Leviticus 18:22: Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deuteronomy 22:13-21: a marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed.

I don't see you hypocrites calling for legislation be made for a marriage to be defined as a man and his virgin.

God hates non-virgins more than he hates gays........as evidence by the two passages laid before you. One is an abomination, while the other must be executed.

edit on 9-4-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

For every law, there IS a reason behind it. If one just blindly read and follow laws without understanding it or why it was necessary, then we are no more than robots. We mankind are NOT robots. Worse when those who do not understand it, see it as an imposition upon them, and bare their fangs.

The reason that law came about is simply about human survival as a species. If more same sex lies with the same, mankind will extinct.

Many here make the claim that there are 7 BILLION of us. No doubt that is true. But if such homosexual lifestyles are not understood, see the flaws and correct them but accepted blindly, soon it will only become a majority. THis is not some fantasy.

Look at what's happening to Japan today. It has a greying population, due to low birthrates in recent decades. Although the case CANNOT be directly attributed to homosexuality, much of it can be laid to the current generation's refusal or fear to have children. They worry about the future, but the fact remains, the birth rates there are declining, then who will support their aged parents whom will no longer be able to lift even a cup of water? We all will grow old one day. Who will support you when you grow old?

I can save and will willingly share what I have for all without complaint, but I am only one and my resources are limited. It can never take care of every aged. Those whom my efforts cannot reach will most certainly die without dignity, after working so hard for many long years.

It need not be this way. Nor do I lay blame upon homosexuals for their way of life. It is a choice that they had made under our current environment. They will have to take responsibility and consequences of their actions.

It is the next generation that we must be concern with. They are innocent. Find out the root of the problem why some of our present generation would opt for homsexual lifestyle, understand them, and then try to find solutions to resolve it so they will not have to suffer the consequences some of us this generation had made.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

And what good reason is there to not show an honest expression of love that does no more harm than love between man and woman?

I have yet to hear a valid explanation for this. Especially considering the first argument is reproduction, and we've already had a clear look at that situation in today's world.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Judaic followers are the only ones who have ever consistently waged war with homosexuals. In fact, their religion was the first one to BAN homosexuality. Thus, your protests are distinctly...well, Judaic.

Never said anything in protest of homosexuality. Please post my "protest" of homosexuality or admit that you made that up.

Your Bible is the first and foremost authority on Judaic rules and regulations. Figure it out.

Please post where i said that it was "my bible" or that i believe in it, or admit that you made that up.

Do NOT treat me like an idiot. If you want to ask dumb questions, you're going to get exceedingly "DERP" responses.

Stop acting like one, you have still not shown me the basis for any of your strawman arguments. I was pointing out in error in the OP and in a post you made, then you illogically jumped to the conclusion that I MUST BE a CHRISTIAN for not agreeing with you.

So if you are done dodging, how is that bible passage I posted taken out of context,twisted or misused?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deuteronomy 22:13-21: a marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed.

I don't see you hypocrites calling for legislation be made for a marriage to be defined as a man and his virgin.

God hates Whores more than he hates Fags........as evidence by the two passages laid before you. One is an abomination, while the other must be executed.

Yet another swing and a miss. I will repost the question for you again.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Well, your first question makes no sense to begin with. Unless you ment "context" instead of "contest"?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Well, your first question makes no sense to begin with. Unless you ment "context" instead of "contest"?

Yeah it was a typo.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

And what good reason is there to not show an honest expression of love that does no more harm than love between man and woman?

I have yet to hear a valid explanation for this. Especially considering the first argument is reproduction, and we've already had a clear look at that situation in today's world.

I love my brothers,my sisters, my male and female friends. It expresses itself in many ways and is reciprocrated, but I most certainly don't marry my brothers or sisters or normal friends, let alone engage in acts that are hidden behind closed doors.

Is this valid enough for you, or do you propose that expression of love should be UNLIMITED, beyond any boundary, over civilisational guidelines that ensures our survival, and such MANNER of 'love' be for other species as well?

Let's take some time out and do consider carefully our choices. Choices of free will are powers, and power comes with responsibility to oneself and others..
edit on 9-4-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Problem with gays is equal rights are not good enough for them.

They want special rights.

Everyone should be treated equal, and expecting special rights based on your sexuality is 100% wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
1. So homosexuality has been around since before recorded history.

2. you can argue that there are now more homosexuals now than ever because its become a bit more acceptable to be your self publicly. and people aren't as afraid of being killed for it.

3. The human population has been at its highest ever and growing.

4. homosexuality is a threat to the human race how?

Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness....period.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

reopened.

edit on Mon Apr 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
1. So homosexuality has been around since before recorded history.

2. you can argue that there are now more homosexuals now than ever because its become a bit more acceptable to be your self publicly. and people aren't as afraid of being killed for it.

3. The human population has been at its highest ever and growing.

4. homosexuality is a threat to the human race how?

Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness....period.

What if I told you that I enjoy luxuries of life, to be rich, to have a fancy life, amass great wealth, which unfortunately could only be cheated and robbed off others such as the banking elites had done? Am I right - Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

I am very sure when the sacred constitution was drafted by wise founding fathers, that phrase did not meant for just an individual, but for WE, THE PEOPLE - society as a whole with responsibilities to each other.

Let us this generation not burden the next generation when we become old. No society can survive with a large aged population whom have no kids or chosed not to have kids, supported by a small pool of young.

I thank the moderators for re-opening this discussion thread, although it was replaced in the rant section when it was originally in the social issues section. Homosexuality issues is a social issue and deserves to be discussed and debated honestly and sincerly, not swept away or placed under the carpet.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Problem with gays is equal rights are not good enough for them.

They want special rights.

Everyone should be treated equal, and expecting special rights based on your sexuality is 100% wrong.

You mean like the rights all marriages provide, except when both members are male or female?

I would be aiming for that too.

My parents are gay, and they have a few gay friends, as do I. And never once have I ever heard ANY of them say they want special rights. They want people to look at them without disgust. They wanted to go to school and not have a Catholic principal look them in the eye and say, "You're going to hell." Seriously, who says that to a kid?

I have a friend who experimented in his youth, and his priest denied him absolution. Flatly condemned him.

Respect, and to be treated like the normal human beings they are. That's all my parents want. That's all my friends want. Nothing more.

But I guess that's too much for Bible thumpers, eh?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Let us this generation not burden the next generation when we become old. No society can survive with a large aged population whom have no kids or chosed not to have kids, supported by a small pool of young.

I assume you're talking about the reproduction issue? We've covered this.

Not a single place in the world is dealing with reproductive problems. In fact, that's the one thing mankind is exceedingly good at.

Once again, the only remotely valid argument is a religious one, and it's getting old...fast.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join