It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Jury Will Not Hear Trayvon Martin Case

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
They need to charge this guy for murder.........and get it over with...... he followed the kid.......... he started everything........ and if he was feeling "threaten" why did he play "hero", followed him and use his gun? Guy is a coward and if he was getting attacked, just fight like a real man and hold your ground like that... ............... This is a simple open and shut case but yet people wanna feed all into the media hype, the so called leaders (Al and Jessie), Obama's comment and all these other non sense just to start a RACE WAR when there isnt ONE HAPPENING! ... All this racial bull# is in the past, we in 2012, there's a new kind of war... not this old played out racial wars from any side... and Im neither white or black...... this is getting out of hand

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The Law doesn't recognize "need to " or " should" ..only facts in evidence

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My guess is they will charge him with something.

edit on 013030p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
The Law doesn't recognize "need to " or " should" ..only facts in evidence

Well said Homedawg... star for you... those terms are only seen in personal opinion and in the 'court of public opinion'... which has NO jurisdiction anywhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

Ultimately none of us were there that night, unfortunately we cannot possibly draw a clear conclusion.. I'm not a supporter of either.. but Zimmerman was neighborhood watch so as for "following" him, if he suspected something - racially motivated or not, he should have called the cops and kept an eye on him until they arrived, which he did at least do that part.. it's what happened next we can't really say.. we only know the conclusion.

As for the shooting.. this is an unfortunate situation of Florida's law which will most likely protect Zimmerman to some degree.. he was authorized to use deadly force if he felt threatened, we just don't know if he had a legit reason TO feel threatened.. so that is what the prosecution is up against.. they don't have much of a case .. despite everyone's rage.. the law is the law.. neither side really has much of a case.. the defense is going to have to explain why he followed when they asked him not to on the 911 call .. but you have to ask yourself, why would he call 911 if he was PLANNING to kill him.. as in premeditated.. doesn't make sense.. I think Trayvon was probably intimidated by this guy following him, fight or flight kicked in and Zimmerman over-reacted tragically.. just a theory

too much to think about.. they probably are planning to delay this as long as possible to allow people to cool down..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I agree, too much emotion involved.

But from the way its been handled, I would say there is just no evidence to take this to trial as his story is solid "enough". Nobody will be satisfied in this as capital murder is not an option, so some lesser plea or no charges at all will leave a bad taste in the Zimmerman is guilty crowd, and the others will be thinking the pressure from the black community was the reason for him being found guilty of anything. Resentment will be around no matter the outcome.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There was never jurisdiction by the court of public opinion and now this is a legal case in the hands of the judicial system where it belongs.

I feel confident, given the uproar by unproven racial charges by the court of public opinion the special prosecutor will dot every i and cross every t before issuing a decision.

Whether originally a case for the courts or not, it now lies in the hands of the justice system.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I miss the Nibiru threads also
. I rather liked reading about the unseen threat in the sky. Now im having to walked strapped to the mailbox with my wife and kids in my own neighborhood for fear of being "zimmermaned"!

By the way im in Texas, and one of only a few black families in this neighborhood.

The sad thing is chatter has surfaced from the younger whites and hispanics that its legal to go and "zimmerman" a black person. I really hope this thing goes away.

Im starting to feel uncomfortable in my neighborhood.

Yes i am legal to conceal carry. No i dont think i'll get a fair trial if i did kill someone in selfdefence. Not if i defend while black.

Jeez can we fix the older issues first before coming unglued with new ones please!!!!

And where is my Nibiru???????

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

I have an objection here.

No offense op why is there little to nothing to the original post but a singular statement with a link.

I have to say something because it is not truly fair to those that take the time to write out a full story..

your opening statement while strong needs more...

As for the story....

I guess its time to get reshaped...

America could use a good violent mishap or two... might wake up the the idiots...

I am excited... I cant wait... you can get a lot of things done while others are being stupid... especially in dallas...

Making my list... thanks for the heads up ATS...

insert evil laughter...

The odds of a nationwide race riot is low... The everyday man still has to much common sense... And the liberals do not want it because the tension is the goal not the actual riots...

it would hand victory to the republicans this election...stories of home owners with guns defending themselves from roving gangs...

cops overwhelmed...lol

now if it does get out of hand, well I will be a happy man.. For it provides good cover... you should consider this yourself.

What could this be a cover for?

As for the grand jury indictment....

5th amendment

this is the funny part

well I assume the animals want blood... so it has to be capital... murder is a capital offense...

also they have to keep it in state court, Because if they try it in federal you have to have the indictment... or to use federal law under a reverse Erie doctrine, you have to have the indictment.... (he would enjoy federal protections the second a federal law is used in place of an absence of state law)

anyone want to look up Florida law over indictments and grand juries....

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just a couple of quick questions, I'm asking because I don't know and would like some thoughts.

Can Zimmerman get a fair trial anywhere in the State of Florida? Since this case doesn't look like federal charges will be available, must he be tried in Florida? Is there any possible good solution?

Could we offer Zimmerman a million dollars and witness protection to never set foot in the US, Canada, or
Mexico again? Perhaps a simultaneous trial against the New Black Panther party to show some kind of balance?

I'm tired of the "who did what." How about "what do we do now?"

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Yah we know... Anyone keeping
up with this case knows..

just click the link in my sig

JUSTICE FOR ZIMMERMAN

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NO GRAND JURY NOOOO GRAND JURY

I see again your reading comprehension skills are lacking. The article says a Grand Jury is usually needed on first degree murder trials and that the case is in the special prosecutors hands. All this article is saying is that Zimmerman will not be charged with first degree murder.... and he should not be... I would bet the farm however that a charge of involuntary manslaughter could very well be on the horizon, as it should be.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Just a couple of quick questions, I'm asking because I don't know and would like some thoughts.

Can Zimmerman get a fair trial anywhere in the State of Florida? Since this case doesn't look like federal charges will be available, must he be tried in Florida? Is there any possible good solution?

Could we offer Zimmerman a million dollars and witness protection to never set foot in the US, Canada, or
Mexico again? Perhaps a simultaneous trial against the New Black Panther party to show some kind of balance?

Quick question?

Why offer zimmerman 1 million dollars and relocation? And what would you do a trial against the black panther folks for?

I dont get it?

Also why would he not get a fair trial. Its not like he is black. Calm down he will be ok.

As long as he can show he didnt follow treyvon against the orders of law enforcement.

As long as he can show he didnt initiate the verbal altercation.

As long as he can show he tried to leave the altercation, and did in fact tell treyvon he armed.

As long as he can show his life was infact endangered by unarmed treyvon.

If having proved those minor things he should be ok in florida.

As long as he can

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I seriously doubt Zimmerman could get a fair trial in Florida. The solution to this would be to have his lawyers submit the proper motions and have any trial moved to another venue. This is not uncommon at all.

I do not understand the thought process about offering Zimmerman money to go away or offering witness protection. That really makes no sense to me, can you explain further?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It's going to get ugly either way. I went and bought 500 9mm rounds and 4 boxes og 12 gage buckshot tonight. I was in a long line. I am getting ready for the worst because it has already started here. A gang burned down a white owned party store saturday night and the word is more to follow.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

OH MY Gosh Charles, I just signed on to ask that very question,

IN light of the fact that our commander and chief has subtlety found him guilty of murder and racism, how could he ever get a fair trial?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
When this first all happened I thought Zimmerman was a freak'n idiot and he should go to jail. Then nearly everything I had read in the paper against him turned out to either be false, or hyped, or contradicted. I can no longer make a jump to judgement on this fella Zimmerman.

My prediction .. not judgement but a prediction ... is that the court will go after him for manslaughter. Right or wrong. Good or bad. I'm just thinking that is what they will do. I have no idea if he's guilty of murder or manslaughter or stupidity or nothing at all .... I have absolutely no idea. I'm letting the cops do their job and figure it out. Nothing in the press on this matter can be trusted.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to posts by PLASIFISK and MrWendal

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for your responses, I'm pleased to make your acquaintances. I'll try to explain my thinking.

As you can see there is a question about whether he can get a fair trial in Florida, especially if he goes for a jury trial. The pre-trial publicity, threats of violence, and desire to make a racial statement would make objective decision making nearly impossible. I know that change of venue is possible, but I wasn't aware that it was common to move the trial to another state. Is there any state that doesn't know about this case? Anyone without an opinion on guilt or innocence? (Curse you, mass media!) Blacks and non-blacks seem to have similar pressures.

Now to my woolier thinking. If (and it's a big if) Zimmerman can't be tried without causing riots, maybe the solution is to get rid of him unofficially so that he's not found guilty or not guilty. If its announced that he has "escaped," perhaps the furor would eventually die down. Remember that that's if he can't get a fair trial.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. Oh, about the New Black Panthers. I was just wondering if that would make the system seem more balanced. And maybe a judgment against the panther's would help keep rioting down.

I'm just putting out ideas.
C
edit on 9-4-2012 by charles1952 because: Add P.s.

edit on 9-4-2012 by charles1952 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Well..... I really dont know what to think about that.

Ehhhh...... Thats cause to go outside, have a cig, crack open another monster, and re-evaluate the situation. ( as i do this i am eyeing my neighbores, wonder who would be the first to try and kick in my door for being black)

( removes trigger guard from shotgun, sits in dark back cornerof garage, waiting....... Tisk tisk...... Waiting)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Guess the media will have to find a new court case to keep us occupied.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleverhans
Guess the media will have to find a new court case to keep us occupied.

True, I have always wondered why they choose one story over the other and all media station seem to carry the same story, weird, all that's going on in the world and we get weeks of some celebrity death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join