It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder: Attorney General of the United States PWNED =)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TZela
reply to post by Eurisko2012

There is no problem. I said it was a good idea. But as I said the bigger problem remains.

O'Keefe should keep going until we have Photo ID requirements in all 50 states.

ABC, NBC & CBS refuse to investigate voter fraud.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

Voting is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. You are BORN with rights, you ACQUIRE privileges. If voting is a right, why don't we let children vote?

You got the privilege part right, but is also A RESPONSIBILITY. I learned that in government class and wish the rest of the country would see it that way.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
And btw:

Historically voter ID laws have been shown conclusively to disenfranchise poor people. Voting is a right, unlike say, renting a car. The other thing is that there's NO evidence of wide-spread voter fraud, by voters at least. What those electronic voting machines do is a whole other question.

Are you serious??

Voting is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. You are BORN with rights, you ACQUIRE privileges. If voting is a right, why don't we let children vote?

This is one of the biggest problems with our country right now. If you are incompetent about how a system (our government) works, you should not have a say in how it is run. The way it's set up right now, whichever politician convinces more idiots (i.e. the majority of the American public) that his lies are more convincing, gets elected.

The people who really understand things the best, i.e. the INFORMED, are the minority, and their voice is ignored. When you think about it this way, you could almost make the argument that our voting system discriminates against informed voters.

The PRIVILEGE of voting should to be given to anyone who can prove they are capable of making a well-informed decision.

edit on 10-4-2012 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

PRIVILIEGE????? you are ignorant...read about the 15th and the 19th amendments to the constitution...you know...the U.S. constitution of the united states. VOTING IS A RIGHT...period

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by ddaniel

You got the privilege part right, but is also A RESPONSIBILITY. I learned that in government class and wish the rest of the country would see it that way.

no he is lying or ignorant...took me 2 minutes to find out about the 15th and the 19th amendments to the constitution...what's wrong with you people...can't you read? it's a right!! not a privilege.
edit on 10-4-2012 by jimmyx because: context

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

And btw:

Historically voter ID laws have been shown conclusively to disenfranchise poor people. Voting is a right, unlike say, renting a car. The other thing is that there's NO evidence of wide-spread voter fraud, by voters at least. What those electronic voting machines do is a whole other question.

Are you serious??

This is one of the biggest problems with our country right now. If you are incompetent about how a system (our government) works, you should not have a say in how it is run. The way it's set up right now, whichever politician convinces more idiots (i.e. the majority of the American public) that his lies are more convincing, gets elected.

The people who really understand things the best, i.e. the INFORMED, are the minority, and their voice is ignored. When you think about it this way, you could almost make the argument that our voting system discriminates against informed voters.

The PRIVILEGE of voting should to be given to anyone who can prove they are capable of making a well-informed decision.

PRIVILIEGE????? you are ignorant...read about the 15th and the 19th amendments to the constitution...you know...the U.S. constitution of the united states. VOTING IS A RIGHT...period

You should do a little research before pontificating on the ATS messageboard.

I served in the US Navy. During bootcamp i learned that if you get a Dishonorable Discharge

from the US Military you lose the privilege to vote.

They consider it a felony.

There is another discharge called a Bad Conduct Discharge. It's not as bad.

We called it the Big Chicken Dinner.
.......BCD.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
by the way in several michagan towns and cities....the republicans have taken away the citizens RIGHT to vote....apparently there hasn't been a word said on the SUPPOSED LIBERAL MEDIA about these cities being run by a one man dictatorship.....c'mon conservatives,.....where's your freedom and liberty outrage NOW???
where is your "DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION" rants....yeah...silence....I'M SHOCKED!!

www.youtube.com...

amazing how this is not being reported elsewhere....maybe the corporate media is really right-wing in liberal clothing
edit on 10-4-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Santorum talked about this during the debates.

He says he is okay with convicted felons getting back the privilege to vote.

Other Republicans do not agree with him.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by jimmyx

privilege to vote?...(shakes head)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

privilege to vote?...(shakes head)

Do a Google Search.

See if veterans have the privilege to vote if they received a Dishonorable Discharge.

It was a lawyer from the JAG Corps who taught us the truth.

Go seek the truth and stop shaking your head.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Bump. This needs to be in top position.

This is one thread you could use the word PROOF in the title.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

And btw:

Are you serious??

Let me rephrase: Voting has BECOME a RIGHT in the eyes of the public, and it SHOULD BE a PRIVILEGE. (Sorry for caps-yelling
)

The 15th and 19th amendments were created to deal with the issue of discrimination based on race and sex. That is irrelevant to my argument.

When our system was first developed, you had to be a land owner in order to vote (albeit a white, male land owner).
While this has many flaws (see: 15th and 19th amendments), it also had some benefits.

At the time, land owners were the best educated, most well informed demographic. This meant that in order to get elected to office, would-be politicians had to likewise be well informed, and a candidate could set himself apart from the others by having creative new ideas and approaches to the problems of the time.

This is completely backward today, precisely because voting has become a 'right' in the eyes of the public. Our system does not promote those most well-informed candidates with the best ideas. It promotes the best-looking, slickest-talking snake oil salesman, who can convince the majority of poorly-informed public that their poison tastes better than the other guy's.

Think about it this way: It is wrong to tell someone they can't be a doctor because they are black, or because they are woman. It is NOT wrong to tell someone they can't be a doctor because they have no knowledge of medicine. On the contrary, it would be irresponsible and dangerous to let such a person practice medicine.

Well, it is wrong to tell someone they can't vote because they are black, or because they are a woman. It is NOT wrong to tell someone they can't vote because they are ignorant. On the contrary, it is irresponsible and dangerous to let such people steer the course of our country.

You didn't answer my question, so i'll do it for you.

Q: Why don't we let children vote?
A: Because they don't have enough knowledge to understand what they are voting for.

Do you suggest we allow children to practice this 'RIGHT' to vote as well?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

A quick Google search revealed the truth.

Voting is not a right but a privilege granted or withheld at the discretion of local and

state governments.

Currently convicted felons cannot vote.

Santorum wants to change that.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How about no voting below a masters degree then?
Or Business owners only?
Both criteria should fit your founding fathers idea pretty well.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl
Or Business owners only?

No. Lets remain honest.

The law is the law. Just look it up. I did. It's easy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Or Business owners only?

No. Lets remain honest.

Yet if you are honest you would propably object to any restriction that would effect you.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh jeez, someone posted this dreck here? It's been following me around the internet.

How many more times do Breitbart and O'Keefe need to be caught in slander to lose their credibility?

Holder wasn't P0WND -- O'Keefe impersonated him. Which is a Felony. If the laws actually applied to shills - he would have been put in Federal custody a few hours after Holder came to vote and the election officials noticed "two people by this name" have voted. It's a pretty simple process -- and apparently, not a lot of people are knocking down the door to vote -- much less spend all day to vote 4 extra times as the wrong person and risk prison.

After spending more money investigating "voter fraud" in America than 9/11 -- Republicans have about 12 of these miscreants. One was Anne Coulter, BTW.

The only people P0WND is anyone who thinks O'Keefe doesn't make a living manufacturing controversy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Or Business owners only?

No. Lets remain honest.

Yet if you are honest you would propably object to any restriction that would effect you.

The current restrictions sound like common sense to me.

I don't have a problem with them.

Why are you such an alarmist?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
www.time.com...

A troubling story that has not gotten much attention this election season — or any recent one, for that matter — is why a certain group of roughly 5.3 million Americans won't be allowed to vote. It isn't because they're underage or non-citizens or mentally incompetent. It isn't because they're unregistered or physically unable to get to the polls. It isn't even because they're limping around with a chronic case of political apathy.The reason they can't vote is that they're felons.

Read more: www.time.com...
and

www.infoplease.com... with a nice little time line for when what groups got voting rights and when some provisions were changed ie initially only white property owners and later those who were literate could vote and so on i learned some things from it i did not know so i figured id share it here
www.murthy.com... old from 2006 but i did not know that permanet residents were also not allowed to vote

edit on 10-4-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

No it's not. It's not proof of anything at all.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
Oh jeez, someone posted this dreck here? It's been following me around the internet.

How many more times do Breitbart and O'Keefe need to be caught in slander to lose their credibility?

Holder wasn't P0WND -- O'Keefe impersonated him. Which is a Felony. If the laws actually applied to shills - he would have been put in Federal custody a few hours after Holder came to vote and the election officials noticed "two people by this name" have voted. It's a pretty simple process -- and apparently, not a lot of people are knocking down the door to vote -- much less spend all day to vote 4 extra times as the wrong person and risk prison.

After spending more money investigating "voter fraud" in America than 9/11 -- Republicans have about 12 of these miscreants. One was Anne Coulter, BTW.

The only people P0WND is anyone who thinks O'Keefe doesn't make a living manufacturing controversy.

James O'Keefe is having great ripple effects across the nation.

He will probably be awarded the Medal of Freedom by the next Republican president.

Look what happened in New Hampshire!

The James O'Keefe videos soon resulted in the New Hampshire State Senate passing a - NEW -

bill requiring voter ID !!!

Well done James!

- Voter ID Required - New Hampshire -

Of course this action by James O'Keefe has the left wing loons - howling -.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join