It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one that believes America needs a second revolution?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i was reading something about the American Revolution some time ago, specifically regarding the opening move of the Revolutionaries.

i just tried to find the document online, but can't, from what i remember, it suggested that in ONE night control of all the government related institutions in the country were seized by the revolutionaries who at the time would have been lightly armed if at all and non-uniformed.

the entire revolution, then, was one fought in a defensive posture...not offensive.

i don't want to list the implications associated with the revolutionaries being able to accomplish such a thing...but I will say that after observing what many think of as revolution as reported in both popular and alternative media is that they consider revolution an offensive activity. this stands in contrast with the American Model.

the American Revolutionary model is not the one being practiced by the would be revolutionaries of today; Occupy Movements, Protests and Psychological operations, etc. and for this reason I am quite certain that none of you who would like to conduct one would be successful.

you'd fight the entire battle running up hill and then it would be over and nothing at all will have been accomplished.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with revolution. The U.S. Constitution actually encourages it.

The trick is, what are you going to put in place of the current system? What do you have in mind that is so much better that you feel can completely replace the current system and that most people will feel would be substantially worth all the trouble of changing over?

What's your plan? Specifically? And can it be accomplished with modifications to the current system, so it isn't necessary to tear the whole thing out and put something new in?

My guess is: You don't have anything except a lot of vague notions and a few lofty platitudes.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

ok I will be king, I impose I dont have to pay taxes, I impose that anything I do is above all laws I impose that I can take 75% of all wealth of my district, I impose that I get first dibbs on all virgins of the land. I impose I can war with who I wish to challenge other districts for power, I impose that I get what I want and hand out what everybody else gets.

I impose the Laws of King Henry the 8th, his son Edward and Bloody Mary.
after all fair is fair right.

Ron Paul equals anarchy he has shown his colors, the world has shown its inability to live peacefully
Have a Nice Day
edit on 9-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by frazzle

ok I will be king, I impose I dont have to pay taxes, I impose that anything I do is above all laws I impose that I can take 75% of all wealth of my district, I impose that I get first dibbs on all virgins of the land. I impose I can war with who I wish to challenge other districts for power, I impose that I get what I want and hand out what everybody else gets.

I impose the Laws of King Henry the 8th, his son Edward and Bloody Mary.
after all fair is fair right.

Is that how you see Ron Paul's vision of what would make each of us kings of our own lives? If so, you misunderstand him completely, everybody else would be the king over THEIR own lives, as well. So you get dibbs on nothing except what you could earn. You would, of course, be free to BUY all the virgin land you could afford, but all those other kings might decide to stomp on you if you tried to impose anything upon them.

BTW, Paul wants to outlaw the IRS, too, so you do agree with him on one point.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 9-4-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
The problem is congress because it keeps making laws non-stop.

We need to get rid of congress.

Nope, can't do that, Congress is a vital part of our system of Checks and Balances.
We can however, implement term limits for all members of Congress.
That alone should resolve all our problems.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I never said anything about war, and why would I want war on my own soil, I'm a 16th generation American myself. A revolution doesn't necessarily mean war, however regretably it's a common result, if we dehercide to rebel or stnd against our government, would they nolt declare war upon us. War is terrible, but lets aproach this from another scenario. Let's say for arguments sake yellowstone caldera was going to erupt today at 6:30 pm central. What would the government do? First evacuate the highest ranking officials to mount hood, and other various top secret super bunkers across the land. Next measures would be taken to contain the situation, which would involve evacuating populated areas, and possibly making sure the info isn't leaked to the press. Eventually the end would be near and many people, desperate to survive would try to over run the gauntlets protecting the bunkers. Would they say " Here come on in and let's have a tea party with the president" No, the civilians would most likely be painted as hostiles and the soldiers would be orderd to fire upon their own countryman.

A revolution could be started by hippi's wearing bunny costumes, but inevidably the end result would be the boodliest war this country has ever seen. You see, we have passed the threshold of peace, we are too deep in the depths od darkenss and tryanny to go back.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Good point neo vain, It appears that is one thing I forgot to mention, what I mean by revolution is an entire redo a start from scratch. As you said just a simple revolution would only help in the short run, and corruption runs deep. Although even in the best case scenario the corruption will always return. Also, i've never heard of the venus project i'll have to check it out.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I agree with you on all said ideals except for the CIA. The CIA is no better than the government, it is more powerful than any government in the world. Presidents and administrations have sought to put an end to the CIAs reign, a few of which would be assassinated, such as the Kennedy brothers. The CIA controls the government, mostly because most of it's roots legally don't exist, activities include acts of violence to satisfy corrupt officials include but are in no way limited to: genocide, starting wars, "disasters, assassinations, working with enemy countries, working with cartels and weapon smugglers, etc.

I am sure you were not aware that in the 1970's the government sanctioned the CIA to train Osama Bin Laden and his fellow extremists, we gave them supplies, training, and weapons, all just in case soviet Russia should attack then they would be already close to enemy lines. That fun little fact was quickly swept under the rug after 9/11 happen, wouldn't want the general public to know that we gave them the tools to do it. This all said with the assumption that it wasn't an inside job, if it was then the heavy lifting would've been done by the CIA.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Well said my friend, unfortunately it appears Romney will win. God, I don't wanna know what him or that lunatic Gringrich would do to this country. I'd might as hand over my happiness and soul on a silver platter.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Not a full blown revolution to kill the evil and corrupt

We need.to abolish the federal reserve the CIA FBI.

Reine in the president.Hold a public trial of congress, and the State and local government.

Might as well through in the owners of big businesses the one that pay the above said in

money.After they are found guilty the will be executed forthwith.Do away with money taking

and campaign funding buy any one.That should be a start.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

absolutely according to your words that every man is King.
Ron Paul is a Libertarian. Its Idealistic Government.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
reply to post by NeoVain

Good point neo vain, It appears that is one thing I forgot to mention, what I mean by revolution is an entire redo a start from scratch. As you said just a simple revolution would only help in the short run, and corruption runs deep. Although even in the best case scenario the corruption will always return. Also, i've never heard of the venus project i'll have to check it out.
8th st

Well if there is going to be a revolution it better be soon, this vid out april 8th stated by a US Military Colonel and should have its own thread is, BREAKING! ATTACK ON AMERICA STARTED!!! NDAA Military Plans.... MAKE VIRAL ! www.youtube.com... it needs to get out there and should be discussed cause revolution is in the making!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In a word, no.Not only do I believe there needs to be one, I believe one is coming in the not too distant future.
edit on 9-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
In a word, no.Not only do I believe there needs to be one, I believe one is coming in the not too distant future.

Check the above vid, people need to wake up, the lies are just so big, and so disgusting, if we dont have a revolution now, all humanity is doomed for real, the miltary and elites have too much power and now its out of control, we as people have to do something.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
A revolution is definitely needed. What are you going to do? Vote them out? Ask them to step down? Go through the courts? I bet behind the scenes they laugh their a$$es off. Of course, maybe we can all come together as a collective and persuade TPTB to do the right thing for the people. Just as OWS was so successful right? And then everyone wonders why things never change. The ones at the top of the pyramid do not share power, they do not share wealth. Never have, never will. Of course a peaceful change is most desirable, but just because it's desirable doesn't make it possible. You only have two options, take it or leave it. You're either content with the status quo, or you take your freedom and liberties by force. They are yours after all. The reality is that most are content, even if they don't want to admit it. What most people fail to realize is that the forefathers were willing to sacrifice everything.

And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor
We are not there yet, but mark my words, we are getting closer.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Check the above vid, people need to wake up, the lies are just so big, and so disgusting, if we dont have a revolution now, all humanity is doomed for real, the miltary and elites have too much power and now its out of control, we as people have to do something.

It's coming. I think you are misunderstanding. I firmly believe there should be a revolution. If one broke out tomorrow, it would not be too soon, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

Enough said really!
edit on 9-4-2012 by WhoWhatWhy because: .

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

I think we probably do have a pretty good idea of what's coming no matter who gets (s)elected. Of course this is pure speculation, but I do think it'll be Obama part two because nobody wants Mitt, other as the candidate who is most likely to lose to Obama ~ or be just like him if he accidentally won. But like the prez told Medvedev (or whichever Russian he was whispering to) he'll have a "freer hand after the election" so it looks like the fix is in.

In the meantime this recent black/white distraction of Travon/Zimmerman has the potential to flare up and that's probably part of the plan, too. They're nudging us in that direction because if we're fighting each other, many people will forget their anger over what's already been done to us and will pull some of them back into O's corner. Or at least it will look like it did when he pulls otherwise unbelievably high numbers in November.

But even if its some other nasty thing sneaking in through the back door, they'd want a fight/distraction in any case that they can control (they think) because we've been nibbling at the edges of some secrets and crimes lately and full exposure is their worst nightmare. And we all know a civil uprising would result in martial law, even if the whole thing was kabuki theater and the actors were hired mercs.

Keep your powder dry, JohnCreed, and hang on to your soul, its the only thing any of us get to take along after we run out of powder. Well, that's speculation, too, I guess.

Viva la R3volution. Ideas can't lose elections.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I firmly believe that we need to implement State's Rights back to the states and limit the power of the federal government. Of course we need martyr's first that will needlessly die because of fundamental American beliefs. Which one of you wants to be the first one to die? Will you start posting actual facts up and down main street and when the the police come to arrest you for littering will you take a stand? Or have you felt like the system has crushed your beliefs on so many levels that you'll wait until the next court date at your regional justice center and make sure all the judges and prosecutors are there before heading back to your car to grab your SKS and and 1911 as you walk past the metal detectors to execute the instruments of our corrupt system?

After this our country will be divided into different "zones of countrol" i.e. NW sector, SW, sector, Midwest, NE sector and SE sector. We will have to already have a militia standing and ready in each state as our country inevitably disentegrates into different sectors because of both sides. And you guys better hurry up fast because the military will be taking our guns from each state as soon as an inkling of an uprising begins, remember any new gun owners have their bullets on file and can be setup and arrested for any felony the cops want to invent.

We need to implement non-rascist militia groups based on states that will compromise with neighboring states before our "martyrs" stand up to start the revolution. Every militia group will need to democratize a group of intellectuals, successionists (hopefully old veterans that disagree with the system), as well potential ambassadors for relations with other groups, and other key figures.

As soon as we have a functional militia group and the appropriate "martyrs" get thier story heard worldwide to ensure international backing our state militia MUST secure ammo, arms, drugs from "liberating" pharmacies to our cause in a blitzkreig before marshal law can be declared. Each state militia will "melt" into certain rural areas, perhaps to meet up and form a regional group base in the mountains or a well protected area that can withstand intensive night air offensives.

Eventually most military soldiers will most likely find killing their own citizens disgusting and our groups should offer them complete amnesty to switch to our side along with encouraging them to bring their hardware and intelligence and recognizing them as fellow Americans. Unlike the Bolshevik Revolution there should be NO REPRISALS against loyalists, they should be welcomed with open arms and comradarie.

Once things cool down, we'll either have a multi-state confederacy based on regional areas or a multi-country continent that will have to eventually form North American Union.

All in all our leaders need to be older unbiased experienced people that know what they're talking about and should encorage a MULTI-party system unlike the 2-party capitalistocracy we have now. We'll also have to realize that capitalism should be encoraged to an EXTENT, once companies have more rights than our own citizens we've crossed the line. So I recomend an additional checks and balance system for capitalism since it's a political party in it's own right.

Does this sound feasible? Who will be the first martyr? How will we setup and coordinate our militias before the NSA hands over our data to the ATF and another ruby ridge happens. You people should read up on Alaskan Independence Party...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join