It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Initiation imminent.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
To my Masonic friends and fellow non-Masons:

Good news, finally. My initation is scheduled for October 22. It might be a "double" initiation, so I think it'll prove to be very interesting, especially to share some of it with another candidate. In any case, I opted to go first, so that I might possibly watch what just happened to me!
Good stuff, I'm very pleased.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Good luck my friend on your journey. Having just recently gone through what your about to embark i can tell you it is something you will never forget.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Please tell us all about it.

Even after 20 years I get a buzz when a new boy gets initiated, daft ain't it.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602
To my Masonic friends and fellow non-Masons:

Good news, finally. My initation is scheduled for October 22. It might be a "double" initiation, so I think it'll prove to be very interesting, especially to share some of it with another candidate. In any case, I opted to go first, so that I might possibly watch what just happened to me!
Good stuff, I'm very pleased.

Congratulations LTD, your first step towards Light is nigh upon you.

The profane may now commence their inane disparagements.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Congrats m8, hope all goes well.

When was your investigation?
I thought that you still had to go through that?
And how did the investigation go, I have mine this coming month.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Congrats, my friend and soon to be brother...

I am glad you are going first, that you will have an immediate chance to see the ritual...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thank you, everyone. i appreciate the kind encouragement!

I was told to just take it easy during my night, and not worry about alot of memorization, as I will have a dictation coach of sorts by my side for most of the ritual, apparently. Business suite is required, and apart from that I was advised to pay as close attention as possible to what is happening. Hehe, when I remarked that i'll be very interested in how I woud 'feel" whne I'll walk out of the Lodge that evening, the Masons simply looked at each other and smiled at me, as if to say "you're in store for someething very special."

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It is very special indeed, I think you will not be dis-satisfied. Consider yourself very lucky and simply enjoy the night, the memorization stuff will come later.

Again.....CONGRATS!!!

-S&C

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Why do you think that posters in a Secret Society/Conspiracy Theories forum would care less?
As far as I can tell you are already a Mason anyway....

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
LTD's not a mason yet. He's just starting out. He's kind of like a convert- read all the books and ready!

Hope you enjoy your travails. Like I posted in other threads 'push on and don't waste time between degrees.' Memorize, memorize, memorize.

Don't try to remember what happens because you won't be able to. This is how the process is designed.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
LTD's not a mason yet. He's just starting out. He's kind of like a convert- read all the books and ready!

Hope you enjoy your travails. Like I posted in other threads 'push on and don't waste time between degrees.' Memorize, memorize, memorize.

Don't try to remember what happens because you won't be able to. This is how the process is designed.

its spelled TRAVELS...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Why do you think that posters in a Secret Society/Conspiracy Theories forum would care less?
As far as I can tell you are already a Mason anyway....

I never thought I'd see the day you'd post a compliment. Thank you. That's very encouraging.

Actually, the Masons care. It's a question of mutual understanding, friendship, and encouragement. i think it's nice that some of these threads are about those things.

And Gadfly: Thanks. Not alot of memory work involved yet, but there will be< i'm sure.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What exactly is a Mason?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
theron old chum-

travail ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tr-vl, trvl)
    n.
    Work, especially when arduous or involving painful effort; toil. See Synonyms at work.
    Tribulation or agony; anguish.
    The labor of childbirth.

Is that any clearer?

LTD you and a few others need to step back from 'the pulpit.' Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are KRA-zee

I have been wrong ~

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
theron old chum-

travail ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tr-vl, trvl)
    n.
    Work, especially when arduous or involving painful effort; toil. See Synonyms at work.
    Tribulation or agony; anguish.
    The labor of childbirth.

Is that any clearer?

LTD you and a few others need to step back from 'the pulpit.' Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are KRA-zee

I have been wrong ~

Yep, you sure have been wrong... and here I thought you were trying to be clever... and you weren't... imagine my surprise!

There are no travails in masonry, only travels, brotherhood and education...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn

I am glad you are going first, that you will have an immediate chance to see the ritual...

Everyman is a brother.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

Originally posted by theron dunn

Everyman is a brother.

Pardon me, but is there anywhere that I or any other mason indicated differently?

A mason is a brother in a different sense than I think you are offering, though.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
In the sense he is on the same level as you? he is about to journey the same path, trials and enlightenment you have therefore can be considered a brother?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
he is about to journey the same path, trials and enlightenment you have

No, he is not about to journey the same path, trials and enlightenment.

Hence, Freemasonry vs. non-Freemasonry.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
LTDHence, Freemasonry vs. non-Freemasonry.

Riiiiight- kind of like the Jonestown people just before the Kool-aide?

'Yo, folks, the journey is here! Line up in columns of two.'

It seems to me that much is being made of little. Freemasonry is no 'journey,' it is subjugation. Individualism is left at the door.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join