It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if you see 10-20$ falling off someone pocket ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If I SAW them drop it, I"d give it back. If I FOUND it on the street? I'd say "Woo-hoo"!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidohno
wat is that nonsense?? it is u

I'm sorry dude I really don't understand your posts - i've read them a few times now over different pages and I'm struggling. I take it English isn't your first language?

as i have to read that few times over to get wat u r saying, that nonsense is me instead of u

english is surely not ur first language, since u cant realize such simple one mean straight in one sentence

contrary to me, that manage to say straight absolute facts from being relative free individual right, myself

u prove how language doesnt matter at all, since what matter from u is only u, never who u r talking to or meaning

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I would give it to the person that dropped it immediately.

I like to think that I am better than the government.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

same thing as you..

whats right is right.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I was at the grocery store with my friend and his 6 year old the other day and saw something like the OP.

When we walked out of the store his son was walking in front of us and he stopped and picked up $10.00 laying on the sidewalk by the exit. He was really excited for a brief moment and then he realized someone had dropped it. His 6 year old proceeded to ask everyone around ( about 5 people) if it was their money. When no one claimed the money he turned around and gave it to a nice military man in uniform who was collecting money for wounded vets. He told the man he found the money and since no one wanted it he wanted him to have it. He gave the US soilder a hug and thanked him and placed the 10 bucks in his collection plate.

Damn near made me cry.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am just going to be honest here. It is easy for us to say, "Oh yeah, I'd give it back".... But when you are in the situation, and no one is looking, you might be thinking differently. I think there could be a lot of other factors that should be considered. How badly do I need the money? How badly do THEY need the money? What would I use it on? Things like that.

Where I stand now, is that if I see the person drop it, I will give it back to them...But if I just find money lying on the ground... I admit, I would probably keep it....

If it were a very large some of money Id consider turning it in. But money is tight enough that I would consider keeping it to.

It really just depends on so much.
edit on 10-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I would've done the same thing, simple as that. Only about 5% of me would have thought about keeping it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There was a day I would have kept it if it went immediately unnoticed. But, that was long before knowing karma, in my current experience, is very real. Well... that and the dollar value tanking like a lead block.

Can't eat it anyway.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Do unto others as youd have done unto yourself.

Its as simple as that.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I would definitely get it back to the person who dropped it, and would hope others would do the same for me.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Pick it up there might be something of value hiding under it...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This question requires no thinking.

You pick it up and you give it back!

Only, if you actually find a miscellaneous $20 can you keep it, otherwise... seeing someone drop $20 and keeping it is just wrong.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

No one can say for sure what they would do in that situation, but it's obvious what you should do. If asked the question, the answer is simple... predicting what you would actually do is impossible. There's too many factors to predict. We are all capable of doing anything.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
reply to post by ottobot

I'm with you. If I see the person drop it, whatever "it" is, I will do my best to get it back to them.

If I just happen to find a goodie, it's mine.

Karma both ways, I figure.

Agreed, If I find it on the ground, it's mine...If I see it fall out of someones pocket, give it back, no doubt. I would hate to be the person that was dropping the bills, and someone keeping my money

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Why give it back of course cause I'm the most honest person in the world. I'm a saint. When I see hobo's I always give them money. I buy roses from the people on the side of the road and I make it a point to always tip 30% because I'm just that kind of guy. I'm the greatest but also incredibly humble and if it weren't for this thread I wouldn't have told a soul of my kind generous deeds. Do I win?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm with everyone else, I'm on a very tight budget, but whats not mine I return

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Boy, isn't that a slippery question! If the person isn't a crack dealer, then by all means, help them so they don't loose their cash. Now if the person in question is either a politician, preacher, or drug dealer, then tough luck. They screwed someone to get that money, and so if it falls at your feet, see it as cosmic justice. Now if you help someone and they continue to be reckless with their cash, again, karma raises its head. You helped, they didn't learn, therefore you now reap from their losses.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Many years ago, as a kid riding in a New York City subway train, I noticed a guy across from me drop a thick bundle of bills as he got up to exit the train at his stop (years ago, most of the seats in a car faced each other across the car). The outermost bill was a $20, & I knew he'd be missing all that money terribly. "Hey, Mister, hey!", I shouted, trying to attract his attention.

This being NYC, he ignored me at first, but the growing note of urgency in my tone finally made him look back. "You dropped your money", I told him, pointing to it on the seat. He went back, picked it up, & thanked me sincerely as he ran to exit the train before it pulled out of the station.

Two people across the car from me, each of whom was sitting on either side of the guy who dropped the money, gave me a long, lingering stare full of intense anger. Back then, I was young enough to be uncomfortable with such anger coming from "grown-ups", even though I knew I had done the right thing.
In later years, however, I know I would have found it impossible not to bust out laughing.

One other time that stands out in my memory happened in the mid-60's. I was 18, working on the grocery crew in a small supermarket. I found a $5 bill on the floor in an aisle, & had a feeling that I might be able to spot whoever lost it. I put it in my pocket, & walked around the store until I spotted a young woman walking toward me, obviously upset, looking all over the floor ahead of her.

"Excuse me", I said, then asked her, "Did you lose something?" She replied, "Yeah, I dropped a 5 dollar bill somewhere". With a grin, I told her, "I have good news, then. I found it", & gave it back to her. She was overjoyed, & told me "I want you to know I really appreciate your honesty. This $5 is all I had to get something to eat for tonight. Thanks to you, I'll still have my dinner!" Remember, this was in the mid 1960's, when you could buy a substantial amount of food with a fiver.

If I had kept the $5, I don't think anything I could have bought with it would have made me feel as good as her reaction did.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

When I was a teenager I worked at a kiosk in the middle of a mall with one other person. A guy dropped a couple hundred dollars all rolled up into one big wad from his back pocket. My co-worker snatched it up and stuffed it in his pocket. I was shocked to see it, but didn't say anything because I didn't want to start anything with this guy I was working with. About 20 minutes later that same guy came back and about kicked my co-workers face in. Apparently you can't drop anything in the middle of a mall without multiple witnesses. I defiantly learned a lesson that day and will always return anything I find that is not mine.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Do you keep it .. finder keepers ?
Do you give it back to the person who lost it ?

It is your choice but its also a perfect occasion to show exemple to others

Just saw someone with headphones going to the elevator
droping a big 10$ bills directly in front of me at my feet when he pick up is access card
never saw he droped the bill and continued walking to the elevator

So .. i had to follow him to the elevator
saying hey .. you lost something brother
never heard me the first and second time ..
was totaly in his world listening to his music lol
i had to put the bill right in front of his face
he finally took it and say "oh thanks"

In my mind when i saw it .. no doubts about giving it back
i could have bought a smoke pack .. or a 12inch subway for diner
im not rich .. free money is always welcome
but better feel proud then ashame
and its always better to show good exemple then bad
if you want good karma coming to you .. you have to do good karma to others

I always feel very alive doing good actions like this
not the first time and not the last

but if the bill was already there on the ground .. didnt see who dropped it
will not search the whole building to know who lost 10$

What would you have done in my place ?
just curious
It would depend on my circumstances as well as his...If I were a drug addict an hurting for a fix Id keep it. If I were homelless an hungry Id keep it. If he was wearing a rollex watch armani suit jimmy choo shoes Id keep it.In fact someone that careless with money could obviously stand to take the hit so Id take it...Although thease days Im pretty wealthy an not reliant on drugs Id still take it. An give it up to various sttreet people whom I know need the money.I do this with my own dissposable income .An his caleless loss of his dosh would become dissposable to me to give to the needy.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join