It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if you see 10-20$ falling off someone pocket ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm 31 years old and am part of the working poor.. the 99% I suppose.

I've encountered more than a few situations like this as well as other similar instances.

I always give it back.... It's the right thing to do and I hope someone would do the same for me.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The amount doesn't matter. Get their attention and give it back.

Next question.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Since i am wealthy i would give it back no question. If it was a thousand bucks, I'd probably keep it.

If i was broke, I'd keep the $10.

Your situation will always determine your motives.

Wealthy means $1000 is toilet paper. Wealthy means not having to use cash. Your not wealthy, wealthy sign the riches paychecks.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

If you know that you need it has hell
so you can eat tonight and your childrens can eat

then Karma putted there for you
sometimes it is testing your moral judgment
and sometimes it is a present
a big 100$ falling of someone with a 5000$ jacket suit
like it was a penny..
i wouldnt cry for the guy

but still ..
the question remain debatable

edit on 4/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I see very few of you understand the concept of karma yet use the word as if you do???

There is no spiritual piggie bank where you get a "good" token everytime you do a nice deed and a "bad" token whenever you do a not so nice deed. That is a very skewed and infantile view of what karma is in any philosophy whether it be Hindu, Buddhist, or Sikh.

If I am mistaken someone please clarify

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

If you know that you need it has hell
so you can eat tonight and your childrens can eat

then Karma putted there for you
sometimes it is testing your moral judgment
and sometimes it is a present
a big 100$ falling of someone with a 5000$ jacket suit
like it was a penny..
i wouldnt cry for the guy

but still ..
the question remain debatable

edit on 4/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Not up for debate with me. If it's not yours, return it. If owner can not be found, than its yours.

No matter how bad I think I need it, I will always return it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I'd give it back (and have...). Now, if I found a paper bag with 10-20K, I'd keep it for sure. I'd probably listen to the news for a couple of days to see if a little old lady dropped it but otherwise, its mine! I've lost my share of cash. Recently, 220.00 on my Tiffany's money clip. No one turned that in (I checked all the local shops around the parking lot). I justified it this way: Someone needed it more than me. Maybe someone took that money, bought some food for the family. Or they bought a used suit for a job interview, got the job and is now providing for their family! In reality, as it was a pretty crummy neighborhood, they probably bought dope and booze... We can dream.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannyfal
I see very few of you understand the concept of karma yet use the word as if you do???

There is no spiritual piggie bank where you get a "good" token everytime you do a nice deed and a "bad" token whenever you do a not so nice deed. That is a very skewed and infantile view of what karma is in any philosophy whether it be Hindu, Buddhist, or Sikh.

I believe its where you draw positive energy towards you by being positive and doing good deeds, or vice versa for negative energy. You are correct on the token misinformation, for example:

If you give someone back money they dropped, and they turn around and use it to do evil things (buying selling drugs to kids, fueling wars, buying a gun for a school massacre), would you get good karma for returning it, or bad karma for assisting in evil doings? Maybe your good karma was finding the money, and ended badly by giving it back to someone who lost it due to bad karma?

*scratches head* Going back to bed before I gotta work tonight....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

its happened a few times in my lifetime...and I've done both.

gave it back and kept it.

the times I kept it...I was obviously broke. it was a finders keepers thing

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You are right
Dont make good deed just because you want to be "paid" with good Karma
the good deeds should be natural instinct
dont wait for any good token in return

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

karma is based on intentions.

((( IMO )))
if you happen to kill someone, while defending an innocent old lady and it was your "intention" to defend her, and your heart is in the right spot, you will not feel karmic consequences to that so-called "evil" action.

edit on 10-4-2012 by infowarrior9970 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm glad to hear so many of you choose to do the right thing.
I've worked with the public a lot many times I've chased people down to give them back phones, money, purses, wallets, credit cards you name it. I followed one guy who left a parking lot with his phone on his back fender. He thought I was a nut for honking at him but he stopped.

In a Walmart parking lot I found a credit card. I took it to the greeter at the door, she thanked me and said she would turn it in.

Sometime later at the same store I saw a little boy sitting on the curb outside crying. No one was paying any attention to him. I asked him if he was ok and he said he was lost. I took him to the greeter and she directed us to customer service. On our way we ran into the boy's non-english speaking parents. The parents looked at me not understanding but thankfully their son filled them in.

It really angered me that the greeter had no problem taking the credit card but wouldn't take responsibility for that lost little boy. Imo it would've been better for the parents to see their child with an employee instead of a stranger. Not sure what this says about the so called greeters at Walmart.

I've actually gotten rewards for some of the things I've returned when I've had to track people down using info in their wallets etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You know all my fellow ATSers, I see something that I have suspected for a long time. Honesty and honor by the majority of our fellow men and women. I knew this to be the case. The common image of greed and fear is obviously working by those who spread it unless we are honest about it. Would your general consensus of the public be that they would return the money? Because after a thread like this it should. We need to start spreading our honor in better ways, and not just because its good karma. We need to start openly spreading our honor and goodness because it will portray the true image of Earth's people. The best way to revoke the fear campaign that keeps all of us in check and separated is to be true to ourselves and openly. We are all great people!
Even those who say they would not return the money. Examples need to be set, balance needs to be regained. We have our honor as humans, we just need to regain the faith of public view. If we do that..... the world may gain its health again.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Actually since you wrote that maybe you should clarify and explain how it works instead ...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I agree with you
but im not in everyone shoes

The guy with a 5000$ suit
i imagined him to be a corrupted banker who steal from the poor
these people dont diserve people like us
seeing us bringing him back a 100$
he will certainly think like
"fool
.. if only he knew i was stealing big money from people like him"

i still believe we should still bring him back the money
but with a sour taste

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

cash is the positive free plus to invest for existence rights correctly

so money by itself alone is nothing, it has a value only attached to a thing positive reality

the pocket of a guy is part of the guy positive reality, when it contains his papers id or keys, since those things exist, but cash is nothing alone

stealing money from a store, is really stealing bc the cash is a part of the store its cash flow balance, but if the store made a mistake for few dollars would u also remind them that?

u r not realizing how far u keep meaning doing things right according to what u get from, not according to its facts

wat is 20 bill?

if things mean smthg else to u, how could that else thing become known? when the principal things are never said? how can b anything

relativity is existence absolute fact bc it is the plus over clear fact so facts become absolute constant realities free alone

so stop meaning to confuse relative with absolute for better absolute abuse

relative is always free from absolute while it would never become absolute either, any objective absolute realisation is of absolute reality itself or/and for absolutely, while relative become more relative free

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Depends what they look like, if it was some business man in a nice suit... sorry boutcha. If it was some old person I would probably give it back to them. Just some normal person I would probably step on it and just sit there for a moment then snatch it lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It's good karma to give it back even if you need it. This has happened to me before as well as cashiers making mistakes (and I'm talking about $100 mistakes) at the register. I probably saved one lady's job by actually looking at my receipt and walking back to the register because something wasn't scanned. I feel much better and I believe in the butterfly effect so ......... you never know.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Actually since you wrote that maybe you should clarify and explain how it works instead ...

I don't claim to know how it works... only how it doesn't work

I didn't mean it in a judgemental way or seem like a jerk.. I just have always seen the word "karma" being used to express some Western perspective of it that is a gross simplification. From what I understand it is just the law of cause and effect. You stub your toe, you feel pain. I don't claim to have all the answers so please don't jump down my throat.

What I see in this thread is the "New Age" perspective. Where people want to do good to "increase their karma" which is no different from a Christian wanting to do good to get into heaven. If you are doing something good for any reason other than doing the good act, then is it really a moral act? In other words, if I give the money back to create good karma/avoid bad karama, isn't that just me doing something to avoid a negative consequence?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I would give it back because the person who loses it might need it much more than me and I somewhat believe in karma and wouldn't want to experience that situation where I lose my money and someone takes it for themselves when I really need it.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join