It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if you see 10-20$ falling off someone pocket ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I used to deliver pizzas. At the start of every shift the manager would give us a "bank" of $20 in $5s and $1s to make change with. At the end of the night the $20 was paid back. Well anyway, on three separate occasions I counted my bank and found an extra $1 in the bank. I gave the $1 back to the manager each time this occurred. Shortly after the third time the manager started getting me to make the deposit, which usually contained a thousand or so in cash, at the bank's night deposit drop. Apparently he was testing his employees to see who he could trust.

On a side note, one very busy night the manager asked me to run a delivery after we closed on my way home. The customer was getting this pizza for free cause of a screw up. So like usual I had the deposit with me under the seat and took the customer their pizza, but because I was so tired and my routine altered I forgot to make the deposit. Sometime the next day around noon I get a call about the deposit. I realized that I forgot to make the deposit and told the manager what happened and I brought it to him. He never questioned my integrity and I continued to make the nightly deposits ...

-----------

Always return the money to the owner. Honesty is surely the best policy ....
edit on 10-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am in a one income family of four so I know how it feels when your searching for your child's weekly lunch money and can not find it. By the End of pay period it hurts. I would give it back always because the person needs the money. I do not care how well they are dressed it's theirs and I need all the good karma I can get my hands on!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I was standing in line in a grocery store and a woman pulled her wallet out of her purse. A dollar fell out. I picked the dollar up and told the woman checking out that she dropped it and she said it was not hers. She didn't even look at what I was giving her. I told her it fell out of her purse when she pulled her wallet out and she took it from me as if she was doing me a favor.

Another time I was at the grocery store and was paying for my groceries. I only had a ten dollar bill on me. I paid for the groceries and got thirteen dollars back. I told the girl she gave me the wrong change. She start arguing with me saying I was mistaken and looked at the receipt. I told her she gave me too much change and she said I was mistaken and that I had given her a twenty. I knew I only had ten dollars and argued with her. She said she was sure and tried to prove it by opening the till. She had put my ten dollar bill on top of the twenties because she thought it was a twenty. She took my ten back snottily and quickly closed the drawer. I was not going to cause a person to lose their job because of ten dollars. I tried to show her that she was messing up. She didn't want to learn. She lasted only about a week at the store, she probably made more mistakes and wouldn't learn.

Yes I would probably give a person back the money if I knew it was theirs. If I saw them dropping it I would give it back. I would not give it to a person who saw me pick it up and they said it was his/hers unless they could prove it or I sensed it was really theirs or saw that they were checking their hands or pockets feverishly. If someone was walking around looking at the floor I'd ask them what they were looking for. If they said they had lost a twenty I would give it to them. I'm honest, not stupid.
edit on 10-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I know they say what goes around come around, but so far as I now, I must've been an awful person in a previous life, because I sure am paying for it in this life. I try to be a good person, I really try.

There was a time when I would've told whomever it was what they were losing.

Due to difficult hard times, I am experiencing now, in with the economy being what is, I would probably just follow and pick-up whatever came out. It doesn't pay to be "that nice" there have been numerous incidents in the news where people have found a large sum of money and went out of their way to find and turn it over to the original owner, if possible. What they get for it is mentioned in the news and not much of anything in the way of thank you or a reward.
I guess they get a clear consious. Since, I've never had that to happen I don't know exactly what I'd do.
edit on 10-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add something

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
im english so no i would give it back...
20 dollars is like 13 pound and that wont buy 2 gallons of petrolium or 40 cigarettes
maybe 200 dollars i would keep and say nothing...
if they guy was someone i knew to be a jerk i would keep if was even just 1 dollar
its all down to circumstances

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If I find it without seeing anyone drop it it goes in my pocket, however if I see someone drop it I would either pick it up and give it back or call there attention to the dropped money. coming from the uk if you fin some money and call out did anyone drop this you would get everyone in ear shot claim it was thers

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
dude...... this is common ethical sense............................................. If there is money on the ground, and no one is around, ITS YOURS.

If you see money drop out of someone's pocket, that is an entirely different situation. Especially if it's 10-20$ as the title suggests. Are you really that poor that you need 10 bucks instead of grabbing some good karma by giving it back to the poor dude who dropped it?

life is about choices. So is death.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have given the money back a number of times. I just don' t feel right no matter how broke I am. I was working two jobs to make ends meet and one job was cleaning a couple of banks at night.Well one night I found $1000 in the trash I guess the teller accidentally put it there because the deposit slot was close to the trash one. It was a poor design.For a split second I thought about how that would help me but I wrote a note and put it on the managers desk.Just recently on the news a homeless guy returned $3500 and he got rewarded with a place to live.It is not only Karma but it is the way it makes you feel afterwards.No matter if you are a callous bastard it will effect you even if you don't realize it health wise( mental and physical)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I've let them know many of times when I seen it fall... I have also found money lying on the ground out of the blue.

I once trained a dog (Dalmatian) to recover money hidden in my house in various places... even between the mattress and box-spring. He would always sit patiently when I started ruffling the dollar bill in front of him and never move from the spot. My command was "find it" and he would race thru the house and find that dollar!

I did all this with a milk bone treat and eventually moved him outside after I showed him the dollar... to make it harder for him to discover. He could always smell it though.

Spectre was one of my greatest friends, he never found me a large stash of cash and he is in doggie heaven now.

edit on 10-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

i would do the same thing you did. if i saw someone drop it i would give it back. if the money was just lying there it is a gift

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
tell them they dropped it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'd give it back.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Give them their 4 pre1964 silver quarters back ..that's 20 bucks spot price

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The old addage " what goes around, comes around " has never been more true. Although I'd argue that during the Great Depression, we were poor and we literally had strange men coming to our backdoor, begging for food in exchange for work.

We could barely provide for ourselves, but we never turned away a single soul. All we asked is they kindly remove any dirt from their boots before entering, then to pull up a chair. They always went to the back door because they were smart enough to know if others saw us providing, we would have a feeding frenzy.

BUT....also keep in mind "No good deed goes unpunished." We were lucky enough to never be robbed or raped by the strange men we let in our home, but I have had many, many occassions in my life where I regretted doing a good deed. It only caused me grief.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I keep it of course. It is just a piece of stinky paper, who cares about it? No one will complain about something as worthless as that. Right???

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You did the right thing.
You are responsible for your actions.
Your values and belief systems have formed you
to have an honest moral character, I for one, applaud you.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I would do as you did...it isn't even a question for me. I would hope someone would do the same for me if I dropped it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I always return it. I'm the kind who will go back to a store and return change if I've been given too much.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Karma will create the reward for you, one way or another.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I disagree with poster who stated the situation will always determine your motives. I have been piss poor broke and still did the right thing. Just a few examples:

When I was a single father living with my son, mother dead beat, and had no money for bills or diapers, a stranger dropped $100 in front of me at a gas station and I returned it. He was grateful, but clearly didn't need it as much as I did.

Wal-Mart employee gave me an extra $20, and I could have used it, but my greediness would have cost her a job. $240 a week job lost because I wanted $20 which would buy me gas for a day.

My former boss deposited an extra $12,000 into my bank account on payday, on top of my check. I immediately called him and informed him.

Went to gas station, broke $100 for smokes and gas, and came out with $109. Informed the employee of the mistake and fixed it.

Karma (whether you believe or not) is a bi***. Maybe my honesty and integrity is the reason why my 20 year old truck is still running awesome, why I usually never have appliance issues, why my health is good, and why I am still employed. Why my kids are happy, and I am happy.

I don't know though, I just know I get a better feeling from being honest than from being deceitful and conniving and greedy.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join