It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if you see 10-20$ falling off someone pocket ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Being extremely poor and always living with no money.. I 99% of the time would give it back. I find watches and phones and they tempt me to keep them.

At college I found a watch recently and noone was around except my friends who were convincing me to keep it and sell it and telling me how much money I could get and to share it with them. Don't get me wrong it was a nice watch and a rather expensive one but I handed it in to reception. What if that watch was a gift from a grandparent that has recently deceased and if I kept it they would be devastated. But like I said before 99% of the time I would give it back, I found an iPhone 4 in a field after a 9 year old boy had asked "have you seen a phone around here" but the kid was 9 and was from a rich family and it was insured. Sure he would have got in a lot of trouble with his parents but when I was 9 I didn't have such an expensive phone, in fact I had nothing at that age so the kid learnt to look after and be grateful for what he has. Was this wrong? It was on contract (pay monthly and gets replaced when lost, stolen or damaged) and I am always annoyed at rich people taking things for granted.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here's another example for you. You're driving on the freeway, and you have somewhere to be. As you go along you notice someone stopped on the side of the road with their emergency lights. Do you stop to see if they need help, or drive right past them?.

I've made the stop in the past, though as of late I've felt less inclined too.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
obviously give it back, that could be their last $20 in the world!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Stop them and return it.

Karma's a bitch......

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I feel ashamed. Once a girl dropped a 20 dollar bill in front of me so I picked it up, looked at it, and said to myself "Man...20 bucks..." and put it in my pocket, when suddenly a girl came from behind me and said "Ahem" and out stretched her palm and I already knew what must be done. After that, I ALWAYS return things to people just for the sake of not being ashamed or embarressed.

Sorry, unconditional love...I'm not even close

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

Some never seize to amaze me.

You know, I used to be homeless. There's been many occasions in that time period of my life where people have forgot valuables, dropped money, and I always gave it back to them and expected nothing in return.

There was occasions where I more or less gave the shirt off my back to others worse of than myself when I was homeless, as well.

I wouldn't take a single moment back. I pride my integrity, which drives my happiness and my strive for purity, over wealth any day...

One day you might learn, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would take it...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Give it back obviously, and I'm not wealthy.

If it was any amount of money.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You made the right choice..

We should be aware of global effect on our colective conciousness whenever we do something good or bad. Example is the best way to make some change in our world. And everything is about small things really.

Not all of us have opportunity to influence thousands individuals, but if every one of us can make just something like that it is a step towards better world. Maybe that guy will subconciously realize that he should do something good as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Give it back.

We are all judged by our actions, or rather, we should all judge ourselves by our actions. If you are dishonest in the face of other people's misfortune (like losing some money) then you are a twit and not worth my breath.

Treat people as you would like to be treated.

Regards

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I would give it back as well. I once found a wallet and looked through it to find an address. I took it back to them as well.

Stuff like this thread always remind me of something that happened when I was in about the 6th grade. I saw a $20 bill on the floor in the classroom so during a break I picked it up and gave it to the teacher since I figured whoever lost it would want it back. It really ticked me off when the teacher said something like, "Oh cool, now I have some money to get groceries later." I did not turn it in so that she could use it for herself. At that age $20 was a lot of money so I felt bad for whoever lost it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
pick it up and leg it

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It depends:

a) If it fell down from someone who looked like took it from someone else, then I will keep it.
b) If it was a blind person and dropped $10, I will stop him/her and give $20 instead.
c) If it was anybody else not from the above category, I will simply give it back!
edit on 9-4-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by renegadeloser
Here's another example for you. You're driving on the freeway, and you have somewhere to be. As you go along you notice someone stopped on the side of the road with their emergency lights. Do you stop to see if they need help, or drive right past them?.

if it was a woman i would be very wary...............

if it was a man .......... then probs not at all

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by renegadeloser

This one is a bit different, well ok a lot different!

First if it was a young woman then the I would first tell her that I just called the cops for assistance if there was something I couldn't help with (This is just to make sure that her boyfriend isn't hiding to mug me after).

A young male, probably same as above but just to ensure he isn't part of a gang and try the same as above.

Anybody else, I would stop even If I am late to work (or where ever I need to be)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I'm going to give that money back. I don't care how broke I am. That $20 could be someone's grocery money for the week, or gas to work, or a payment for something.

I once found a woman's purse sitting in a grocery basket in a parking lot. I took it directly inside to the store's front desk. As I walked up, and elderly woman was sitting in a chair next to the desk crying. When she saw me come up with her purse she broke down sobbing and thanked me repeatedly. She had $ in there to pay all her month's bills and groceries.

You just don't know who is clinging to that last dollar and for what.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I did some yardwork for my wealthy gma and she said heres 30 bucks for your work, but instead of it being a 10 and a 20 it was a 20 and a 100. I gave her back the hundred telling her about her mistake, even though the reason I was doing her yardwork is because im unemployed and dont have a cent to my name. I told my uncle about it later and he told me she was testing me because she did the same thing to him the week before. Honesty is allways the best policy, especially when someone is trying to trick you.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Well an honest man would say "excuse me sir/miss, you dropped some money", and then hand it back to them. Thats what i do without a second thought. Stealing is against my beliefs.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

Ugh, why did she do that? I don't understand people like that, it's not like you were guarding her treasure or something.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

my thoughts exactly....I once found a VISA card on top of an ATM..I looked up the person (this was before the internets
When I called her I told her I had found the card and she could come by and pick it up...I told her to trust that it was safe and I hadn't spent a dime of it..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join