It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if you see 10-20$ falling off someone pocket ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'd give the money back. I once checked the money, well not once, but one time after checking the money I got from a bank teller, I noticed I had an extra $20 dollar bill in the change. I went back to the teller and told her so. It's very possible the teller would have been responsible for that missing $20, not the bank.

I remember reading an article about how one gas station had an incorrect pump price. Everyone was calling their friends to come get the cheap gas. They thought they were sticking it to the oil companies. However what I read in the paper was everyday people you would never suspect of robbing a gas station were doing such a thing and inviting their friends to do so as well. What everyone did not understand was that the local manager was responsible for the gas pump prices and everyone was stealing from him, not the big oil companies.

Another time I made a withdrawal from an ATM machine and received several hundred dollars more than what I should have. I took the time to immediately drive to the bank and report it and hand over the excess money. I was glad I did because someone reported the exact amount missing from their change from the same ATM. Either the police would have tracked me down and possibly charged me with stealing or I might be under suspicion or the other person might have been out of several hundred dollars they needed to feed their kids. I believe it is good to do the right thing. It's like we are occasionally getting tested. My tests seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

The rare occasion where I might keep the money is when I see a five dollar bill lying on the ground in a busy walkway and do not know who dropped it. I believe that happened one time and I kept it. I did not know how I would reasonably turn that over to whomever lost it and if I waited, someone else would have taken the money for themselves. I was kind of debating whether to leave it for someone else but I was a college student at the time.

I once had a cashier at a grocery store get confused with one of the new 10 or 20 dollar bills when they first came out. She started to give me change for a $100 when I only gave her a 10 or 20. I corrected her. She thanked me and told me it would have come out of her pocket and she needed the money because she didn't make that much.

edit on 12/4/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I believe it is good to do the right thing. It's like we are occasionally getting tested. My tests seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about this. It seems we face new and more difficult tests of willpower as we progress through the years, doesn't it? I remember simple scenarios from when I was a toddler where I would be alone in a room with something I wasn't supposed to touch, or being alone in a room with a jar full of candy and remembering that I was specifically told not to eat any before dinner. These 'tests' seem to get more and more complicated as we age, as though we are progressing through some sort of school before we can attain our next level of spiritual evolution.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You guys must be absolute saints! You mean it has never crossed your minds to keep the money you found? Wow, I would like to swap my morals with one of you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

im sure satan as previous saint can come with such morals too, very commited in respecting principles written on heaviest stones bases to step through

taking and giving is normal fact of being real oneself, it is not about giving to another nor taking smthg
but who cares about truth, keep going with ur morals ur way out

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You always give it back. If you don't there is something seriously wrong with you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
See it falling out of someone's pocket, sure I'd give it back.

Unless I know that they are a real prick or evil or something, then I'd consider it an a-hole tax.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

if u always give it back then there is smthg wrong with u, it says that u r conscious of being things possessions, as if property is the condition of urself existence, then u r never

pockets shape are meaning to loose stuffs u put inn, to stay loose in concept of being someone free

money is free thing more then humans, it must circulate
that is why stealing is wrong, bc it means money possessions, but 20 bucks is symbolically free to use especially if it is already on the ground

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
Unless I know that they are a real prick or evil or something, then I'd consider it an a-hole tax.

i.e politicians lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
I once seen a orthodox jew dropping a $50 dollar bill and he was gonna get in a cab so i grabbed it from the floor and just gave it to him.... and I didnt have a lot of money for myself at the time.... but I did what was right...

You did what was right? What is right? Who determines right? This person doesn't care about you. They don't know you. They have no gain in you returning what was theirs that they improperly handled and lost.

On the other hand, survival is what we do. If you're alive, you survive. Money directly correlates to the quality of your survival.

Take that money and buy yourself a week or two worth of food. Use that $10 to get the basics.

I would take the money in nearly every single situation. One of the few exemptions (we can't foresee every scenario) that I would give the money back is if the person saw that they dropped it.

Beliefs about karma or morals have no place in the world of survival.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
You always give it back. If you don't there is something seriously wrong with you.

How is there something wrong with keeping something that is found? Wrong and right is purely based upon individual perspective and what the individual has to gain from the situation.

There is no shame in keeping something that was found. Shame is something that you would penalize yourself with or being judgmental towards yourself since it was against the "if it was you" scenario that is held as a comparative since you were a child.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komod0Dragon

Assuming evolution is the absolute truth, then shouldn't humans have evolved past that kind of behavior by now? We should be more civilized than that. Just because we might have been animals at one time doesn't mean we have to act like it now.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905

How is there something wrong with keeping something that is found? Wrong and right is purely based upon individual perspective and what the individual has to gain from the situation.

There is no shame in keeping something that was found. Shame is something that you would penalize yourself with or being judgmental towards yourself since it was against the "if it was you" scenario that is held as a comparative since you were a child.

Wow you got a long way to go

We no longer live in the dark ages. We have evolved from being cavemen. Yes right and wrong is based on individual perspective - so does that mean on a more extreme end of the scale that rapists for example aren't right or wrong in their actions as it's down to their perspective? I'm sure Hitler thought what he was doing was indeed the right thing to do, but does that make it universially acceptable? No. Come on mate.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
I once seen a orthodox jew dropping a $50 dollar bill and he was gonna get in a cab so i grabbed it from the floor and just gave it to him.... and I didnt have a lot of money for myself at the time.... but I did what was right...

You did what was right? What is right? Who determines right? This person doesn't care about you. They don't know you. They have no gain in you returning what was theirs that they improperly handled and lost.

On the other hand, survival is what we do. If you're alive, you survive. Money directly correlates to the quality of your survival.

Take that money and buy yourself a week or two worth of food. Use that $10 to get the basics.

I would take the money in nearly every single situation. One of the few exemptions (we can't foresee every scenario) that I would give the money back is if the person saw that they dropped it.

Survival is what we do. But we're lucky enough to be in a position where we don't have to # on eachother to do so. I hope you realise why you're wrong in the near future. The universe is like a mirror. You get back what you project.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kidohno

Most people usually realize this at some point. We all create our own reality via our thoughts and actions. When people go around acting like a miscreant towards others, it comes around full circle and they will eventually have bad things happen to them. When I was around 13-19 I was an a**hole, but once I got into my early twenties I grew out of that, and realized that not as many bad things were happening to me as a result of improving my behavior.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I would give it back. It is almost instinct. I applaud your actions sir. Nice.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by kidohno

Most people usually realize this at some point. We all create our own reality via our thoughts and actions. When people go around acting like a miscreant towards others, it comes around full circle and they will eventually have bad things happen to them. When I was around 13-19 I was an a**hole, but once I got into my early twenties I grew out of that, and realized that not as many bad things were happening to me as a result of improving my behavior.

Yeah man. Have you read Ask and it's given? Cool book, am reading atm. You should be glad you realise how it all works now and not in thirty or forty years time when you've had a good stint of being an a**hole lol! We're ever learning and progressing, but at 22 I'm grateful that I have a yearning to try and understand things.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kidohno

Yeah I had a pretty good blowout when I was a kid. The last bad things I ever did were on this one night when I got drunk and stole a steamroller and took it for a joyride. Then a few hours later I set fire to the interior of someones car. The next day I felt so guilty that I decided to clean myself up from that point on.

I have not read that book, but I have read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. The book you mentioned is probably quite similar.

Edit: Oh god, and this one time when I was about 14... I lit a handful of firecrackers and opened the front door of a pub, threw them in and ran like mad. To this day I wonder if anybody got injured because I was a stupid kid. Why do kids do things like this only to regret it when they are older? Is that part of our learning process maybe?
edit on 13-4-2012 by Xaphan because: Forgot to add something.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Komod0Dragon

exactly, which is confirmed by civil laws
that gives some rights to any individual on what it founds which can go to absolute property

so giving back is funny thing of being not right regarding law, funny as u cant call it wrong
while they want to assert it as the rule standard that determin evil beings like us

imagine if one should keep turning back things what that would mean really, i rip my leg in how many pieces, but seriously what would we keep a second still??

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Assuming evolution is the absolute truth, then shouldn't humans have evolved past that kind of behavior by now? We should be more civilized than that. Just because we might have been animals at one time doesn't mean we have to act like it now.

evolution is of what is already right
if u were an animal then u must go in revolution sense to mean being right, while then u should not expect anymore then that end

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Alright, nobody else said anything, so I guess I have to.

How in the hell is it possible that this guy has 194 stars, when nobody can even understand his posts?

It makes me wonder if he signed up for a second account just to star himself lol.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join