It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Turkey protests as Syrians open fire at border

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It seems as though the Turks are pi***d off at the Syrians for some cross-border fire that seems to have taken place:




Turkey has protested after Syrian forces opened fire across the border, in the first such attack since Turkey began housing refugees from the unrest.

Ankara summoned Syria's envoy after two incidents in which violence spilled over the border into Turkey, leaving at least two people dead and many injured.

Separately, a Lebanese cameraman was shot dead on the Syria-Lebanon border.

The violence comes amid fading hopes that a UN-brokered Syria ceasefire will start on Tuesday as planned.



www.bbc.co.uk...

What do you think about this? There are conflicting views here on ATS. On the one hand, some people think that the US is involed in arming the rebels. On the otehr hand, some people believe that the Syrian government is being unneccessarily cruel.


What do you think Turkey will do next?




posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Notice the term 'buffer zone' keeps getting used. It seems to me that they are going to push the need for a 'buffer zone' and use that as an excuse to go to war without it looking like they are going to war.

Maybe Turkey should not be harbouring terrorists. Then there would be no need for a 'buffer zone'.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
It seems as though the Turks are pi***d off at the Syrians for some cross-border fire that seems to have taken place:




Turkey has protested after Syrian forces opened fire across the border, in the first such attack since Turkey began housing refugees from the unrest.

Ankara summoned Syria's envoy after two incidents in which violence spilled over the border into Turkey, leaving at least two people dead and many injured.

Separately, a Lebanese cameraman was shot dead on the Syria-Lebanon border.

The violence comes amid fading hopes that a UN-brokered Syria ceasefire will start on Tuesday as planned.



www.bbc.co.uk...

What do you think about this? There are conflicting views here on ATS. On the one hand, some people think that the US is involed in arming the rebels. On the otehr hand, some people believe that the Syrian government is being unneccessarily cruel.


What do you think Turkey will do next?


Let's put it this way, I can link you numerous videos of police brutality against civilians in Egypt. The people are suffering big time at the hands of the oppression and violence.

Syria is no paradise but try and link me one single piece of evidence showing police brutality against the Syrian people.

Seriously.

It doesn't exist, it is western media fabrication. The violence in Syria is age old Western funding of 'rebel's who then attack police and innocent people bringing the country into chaos. There's no mass protests against the government- you see small groups of armed rebels firing shots- there isn't a single video showing 10,000+ people marching in opposition of the government- in fact there are videos of 50,000+ marching in support of Assad.

In Egypt, there were 100,000+ people protesting against the government, yet the West sits back. It's all a game, a cruel sick game.

If the West truly cared about human beings, they would be helping in Egypt- where there is actual evidence of people rising up and being brutalised by the police? Please link me it as I have searched but cannot find it- I just see news reports of 'alleged' incidents, and un-named 'witnesses' making claims about the police.

But the Americans have funded the Egyptian regime to be an ally in the region, they don't care about the people. Mubarek left and the same regime policy is in tact- yet Egypt hardly makes the news now despite the suffering still occuring.

So with Egypt's suffering going on, you have to ask yourself, what is really happening in Syria?



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Egypt is in turmoil because the muslim brotherhood is making the army nervous. They do not want to let them assume control of the country because they feel the elections were a set up as well. So you have a unstable egypt which is better than a stable theocracy in many ways. Turkeys problems are a little different. They have problems with the syrians because they are baathist. Its they same old story.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
Egypt is in turmoil because the muslim brotherhood is making the army nervous. They do not want to let them assume control of the country because they feel the elections were a set up as well. So you have a unstable egypt which is better than a stable theocracy in many ways. Turkeys problems are a little different. They have problems with the syrians because they are baathist. Its they same old story.


But why isn't the West helping Egypt- the police are brutalising protestors every day, there is evidence for it, the people of Egypt need 'humanitarian' help.

I'm asking people to post evidence of Syrian forces attacking protestors- I'm asking for evidence of even mass protests against the government.

I'm not saying it isn't happening, but I can't find the evidence.

I can see the FSA are ruthless- they are leading all out war against the Syrian army- do the police and army just sit back whilst armed gun men roam the streets causing complete anarchy?



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012
 


Look at video of Assad visiting ruined neighborhouds in Homs. Houses were attacked with artillery. Police brutalising civilians? It is army fighting rebels who take shelter in civilian areas. How that can go on without innocent being killed?
Not trying to villify one side and glorify the other - but artillery,tanks, helicopters are used. What police? There are tens of thousands of Syrian refugees in Turkey.
Civilian unrest (in Egypt) is not civil war (in Syria).
Look at how the parts of Homs look on official Syrian TV - and they will not show you the worst ruins:
www.youtube.com...



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
No, I am asking you for evidence of a killing or police actually firing bullets at a civilian etc.

The army, as far as I can tel,l are fighting the FSA.

The FSA have taken over a few towns and the army are doing what any army in the world would do- fight back.

I'm talking about when the protests were on- show me evidence of protests against Assad where the police use brutality.

Show me this evidence.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Wonderer2012
 


Look at video of Assad visiting ruined neighborhouds in Homs. Houses were attacked with artillery. Police brutalising civilians? It is army fighting rebels who take shelter in civilian areas. How that can go on without innocent being killed?
Not trying to villify one side and glorify the other - but artillery,tanks, helicopters are used. What police? There are tens of thousands of Syrian refugees in Turkey.
Civilian unrest (in Egypt) is not civil war (in Syria).
Look at how the parts of Homs look on official Syrian TV - and they will not show you the worst ruins:
www.youtube.com...


No, I am asking you for evidence of a killing or police actually firing bullets at a civilian etc.

The army, as far as I can tel,l are fighting the FSA.

The FSA have taken over a few towns and the army are doing what any army in the world would do- fight back.

I'm talking about when the protests were on- show me evidence of protests against Assad where the police use brutality.

Show me this evidence.



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join