To all NON AMERICANS, would you feel safer if your country allowed its citizens to carry/own guns?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

The UK funded Hitler.

I think you'll find that it was Prescott Bush and his American cronies that funded Hitler.
Oh....and the Rothschilds etc.

Hell, we are not surprised. UK owns half of the globe or more, maybe even 75% or more

As much as we'd like to think we do unfortunately we don't.
But I'm sure The City Of London still has an influence that far exceeds it's size etc.

and none of those citizens are allowed to have fire arms. Go figure.

Have you bothered to read this thread and see what British people actually think rather than what you think they think?

This is why we jumped the pond and why the cowards still dwell in the UK.

And is it any wonder that the rest of the world think Americans are complete dickheads and arseholes?

Fortunately I know that you aren't representative of all Americans, unfortunately many people aren't as fortunate to know this and it's people like you that leave a lasting impression of the American people.....much to the detriment of the majority of good and decent US citizens.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well anyways. I have good reason to believe that the Columbine shootings, which were the postcard school shootings were organized by MK ULTRA or similar, every shooting since including the OKC bombing was possibly related, even waco Tx. This is however to be taken like a grain of salt. Supposedly Timothy Mcveigh was chipped. and the shooter from Columbine was it Dylan? had a father in the CIA?

I would not be surprised to learn that the Gabby Gifforrds shooting was not related. This did in fact try to change gun control directly, go ahead and add JFK, Treyvon Martin and Ronal Reagan to the list.

Every time it happens. There is legislation pushed to prevent guns from the public. Logical conclusion: These are premeditated events to push for gun control laws and anti-gun people from the UK have no clue what they are talking about.

It doesn't happen in your country, because you are already disarmed.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I think you'll find that it was Prescott Bush and his American cronies that funded Hitler.
Oh....and the Rothschilds etc.

They are related to the queen, you haven't figure that out yet?

As much as we'd like to think we do unfortunately we don't.
But I'm sure The City Of London still has an influence that far exceeds it's size etc.

No but Parliament does.

Have you bothered to read this thread and see what British people actually think rather than what you think they think?

They are overwhelmingly anti right to bear arms and somehow seem to think they have the right to impose that on the American public.

And is it any wonder that the rest of the world think Americans are complete dickheads and arseholes?

We are dickheads and assholes. Thats my favorite line from a movie. Are you always a dick? Answer=yes

Fortunately I know that you aren't representative of all Americans, unfortunately many people aren't as fortunate to know this and it's people like you that leave a lasting impression of the American people.....much to the detriment of the majority of good and decent US citizens.

The majority of Americans would kick your ass into last Sunday. Just call me nice. That will do.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

MK ULTRA was / is a CIA run project.

The CIA and the other Security Services have close links to the arms manufacturers and suppliers etc.

Why would they want further gun control in the US and thus drastically reduce their sales and profits?

And it seems that an armed populace is a divided and fractitious populace that are less inclined to unite and oppose a repressive government and more inclined to pursue their own agendas.

But as I've repeatedly stated; it's your business, no-one elses.

As for the UK.
Please don't mistake an unarmed population for a disarmed population - we don't WANT any relaxation of gun control laws - and that is our business and no-one elses.

If you had even a basic understanding of our society and culture you would understand why.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

They are related to the queen, you haven't figure that out yet?

No they aren't....but that's a discussion for another time and thread.....I have no desire to derail this thread.

No but Parliament does.

Parliament barely has any say in the running of the UK nowadays thanks to the treasonous transfer of sovereignty to the EU let alone anywhere else.

They are overwhelmingly anti right to bear arms and somehow seem to think they have the right to impose that on the American public.

Yes we are very much against The Right To Bear Arms here in the UK.
But people are allowed to own guns for hunting and sporting purposes providing certain criteria are met.
That's the way we WANT it.

Unfortunately far too many people in this world seek to impose their own morals and standards etc upon other people, it's not a trait that is unique to the UK or USA.

I for one have no desire to deny any American The Right To Bear Arms - it's your country do as you see fit.
Just stop rattling on to us at every opportunity that we should have it because we don't want it.
What's right for you isn't necessarily right for us and vice versa - pretty straight forward really.

We are dickheads and assholes. Thats my favorite line from a movie. Are you always a dick? Answer=yes

I can't really say anything in response to that - you've said it all for me.

The majority of Americans would kick your ass into last Sunday.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier.....and I doubt it.

Just call me nice. That will do.

What?
edit on 11/4/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Mk Ultra actually started in Nazi Germany....and I take back the harsh words but let them serve as a reminder. I find your posts rather insightful and rather inspiring somehow, But lets be clear. UK had a hand in Nazi Germany and they were not to be attacked. Many of the Nazi scientists came here to America,

Yes Prescott Bush did fund both sides but also related to the queen. In the scheme of things England was actually protected in many ways and helped fund the war.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

And if you are thinking somehow that I dislike UK citizens that is untrue.

I am however appalled by their overwhelming stance on gun control. I am shocked and amazed.

If you folks over there in the UK can tell us Americans how brainwashed we are and have this stance on gun control, when history proves otherwise.

Color me shocked and amazed.

I'll try to throw a stone over the pond hoping that it will hit one of you on the head and wake you up.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Mk Ultra actually started in Nazi Germany....

Did it?
I didn't know that, have you got any links so that I can read up on that?

and I take back the harsh words

Thank you.

but let them serve as a reminder.

As a reminder of what?

I find your posts rather insightful and rather inspiring somehow,

Again, thank you.

But lets be clear. UK had a hand in Nazi Germany

Only through weak government and leadership.

and they were not to be attacked.

But we were attacked, and thousands of ordinary citizens died....have you never heard of The Battle Of Britiain or The Blitz?

Many of the Nazi scientists came here to America,

They did indeed.

Yes Prescott Bush did fund both sides but also related to the queen.

Both him and JFK's father were Nazi sympathisers as I seem to recall was Henry Ford.
Fascinating stuff but perhaps best discussed in another thread.

In the scheme of things England

It's The United Kingdom, (UK) or Great Britain, (GB) and not England alone.

was actually protected in many ways and helped fund the war.

We protected ourselves and the war left the nation close to bankruptcy with a financial debt we have only relatively recently paid off.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Also just as a bit of added curiosity, why do you oppose guns specifically?

I commend you for not wanting to impose that on US btw, we have been a nation for over 200 years, obviously we did something right.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I am however appalled by their overwhelming stance on gun control. I am shocked and amazed.

Different culture, different society, different requirements.
We don't want or need them.
Pretty straight forward.

Gun culture is ingrained in the US psyche and culture and that's why you will never give up your Right To Bear Arms.
And nor should you if you don't want to.

But it's entirely different over here.

The UK is not just a smaller, quainter version of the USA - there are many aspects of our societies and cultures that are quite at odds with each other - and that's simply the way the world is.

If you folks over there in the UK can tell us Americans how brainwashed we are and have this stance on gun control, when history proves otherwise.

You are neither no more or no less brainwashed than the rest of us.

And what does history prove?
edit on 11/4/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Also just as a bit of added curiosity, why do you oppose guns specifically?

If you visited any large British town or city on a Friday or Saturday night then you would know why.

In one year the US had 8775 gun related crimes whilst here in the UK we had 43.
That is simply because guns are not so easy to get hold of.
If they were as easy to get hold of then I'm sure that we would be at least pro-rata on a par with the US and that's something very few of us want.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

The last 200 years would have been different without us. Though there is a lot of anger towards the US and a lot is justified. That thing we have called the constitution is still in tact and without it, the greater part of humanity would be toast.

That said there is a lot that UK and US citizens have to be thankful for as we are allies after all and come from the same historical background and possibly family.

Anywho, your brainwashed as a society to think that there is no need to defend yourselves. As a society that is the equivalent of someone teaching that society that 2+2=5. I linked a chart earlier which details the hundreds of millions of citizens who have been murdered in cold blood due to gun control laws. You have every right to defend yourself, anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Despite it's obvious faults etc I am a firm believer that the world would be a far worse place without the US and the role it plays on the world stage.

But you are still young and have a bit of growing up to do.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Cheers for being so open with us dude.

I was expecting a short article not a thesis LOL.

Ill take the time to read it after work in a few hours and get back to ya with my thoughts.

Looking forward to sharing

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Regardless, we need to find common ground if we are going to fight a common enemy. We might not agree on all things but that is accepted. We need your support as a society and visa versa.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
As an added note the internet has lead the way to a greater understanding. Borders no longer divide us and this is important for all of our survival. TSCHTF any day now and internet cut off. I never realized there was such a divide on the ATS community in which most things we could agree upon but I ask you to do this, understand the culture of guns in America and respect it.

Don't become an apathetic liberal.

Resist.

Determine SHTF scenarios and what you would do for survival.

Being Europe is more crowded you have fewer options, but if you are willing to take up arms, the Americans will be happy to provide you with them.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

1) Would you want your country to change its gun laws so that the average citizen could arm themselves?

No, I don't see any need.

2) Do you think everyone having a gun would make your country less or more safe?

I would hate to live in a country where I didn't feel safe, period. I live in midland, Western Australia. It's east of the city, some peole call it the 'middle east' because late at night, the train station (last stop) can be a bit of a battle ground. Despite this, with our security/ police and the use of common sense, I have never feared for my safety, even when coming back from town at sparrow fart. It might be different for a little old lady but I don't think anyone would be safer if she had a gun. What's to stop someone bashing her head in with a brick and taking the gun?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by seudonymous

I wonder if they have WWII movies where you live. Not just you but everybody and this is not directed at you...but... I found the Diary of Anne Frank terribly boring, but it was required when I was in school to watch. Yes they actually taught us about the evils of governments. While it was painfully boring I am glad I watched it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seudonymous

What's to stop someone bashing her head in with a brick and taking the gun?

If it me you wouldn't get within 100 yards. That wouldn't be an issue.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

The UK funded Hitler.

To that is to be way to general, in being that general, the same could be said fort he US.

Hell, we are not surprised. UK owns half of the globe or more, maybe even 75% or more and none of those citizens are allowed to have fire arms. Go figure.

You are utterly ignorant of the facts. The UK doe not "own" %50 -%75 of the globe. There are Commonwealth countries, such as Canada, but we are not "owned" by the UK, and as many have said before in this thread, people can have guns, there are just restrictions on what kind of guns, who can own them, and what they can do with them (open carry, conceal carry, wander around the street with no real purpose, discharge within city limits, etc.)

I Canada, we can own long guns, if you pass a course and your applications for a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) approved. (rarely are they not approved, and then usually with good reason) I am currently taking my Restricted Firearms course (kind of a home study thing for me when I have the time) and will be applying for a restricted (PAL) Possession and acquisition license for them. as it stands, it is very likely (no reason to be refused to my knowledge) I will get it. I just will not be able to carry it around with me, I will need to a member of a gun club, range, or wildlife association, and will need to apply for a transport license for my guns (restricted weapons only, handguns and such).

The transport license can be a blanket license from my residence to the range(s) for a 5 year period. I have no problem with this, as it is a way of making sure that only the people who use their handguns or restricted weapons for work (protecting us) can be legally on the street with them, the thug caught with a gun, even if he legally owns the restricted handgun, if nothing else can be charged with not obeying this law, even if they have not committed a crime other than the unlawful transporting of a restricted firearm. You can apply for the authority to carry in certain circumstances outside of being a cop or armed guard, if you work in the the northern areas (for exploration and research) where wildlife can be a threat, rather than expecting everyone to carry long guns, you can apply and get a permit to carry, allowing you to open carry a sidearm, for self protection from wildlife. The reality in Canada is, you have a better chance of being attacked by wildlife in these circumstances than by some thug with a gun.

Ultimately, in the "UK Owned countries" as you so nicely put it, you can own firearms, but there are restrictions, and most in those countries have no problem with that, in general, we are not gun crazy, or insecure to the point that we feel a need to be armed at all times to feel anything that resembles being safe or in control.

This is why we jumped the pond and why the cowards still dwell in the UK.

I am sure there would be some that have no issue with this, but I am sure you are referring to your ancestors, or should I be asking when you hopped across the pond?

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join