It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all NON AMERICANS, would you feel safer if your country allowed its citizens to carry/own guns?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I previously answered ALLl of the questions you asked of me, why did you ignore my ONE question to you?

See ya,
Milt

edit on 10-4-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

Sorry ran out of room on the first post, have answered and addressed everything in the post above this one

Many it this thread seem to be more interested in deriding Americans than asking legitimate questions.

Thats not true at all, we dont have any questions because they have all been asked previously.
Any derision you sense is simply because we cant comprehend where your coming from.

Surely kids killing other kids at school numerous times should make you all sit up and say "hang on a minute, maybe guns everywhere isnt good"
edit on 10-4-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Yes I figured this much.

I'll try my best to answer any questions and remain civil.

Now as to the topic of civil war or fighting against a standing army, I think it is important for all to look and consider the numbers in this chart.

jpfo.org...

Africa, as bloody as it is, would not be such a desolate continent if the people there had a means to defend themselves from the people that rob, torture and rape them on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Siddharta

Simple answer, Milt,

I would rely on those, who I always could rely on. The bigmouthes are never the one I trust and the frightened ones are rather those I would feel I have to protect.
Since we have so much in common I indeed would tend to protect all those fearful Americans - as soon I know, that my people are secure. You are distant cousins after all.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

The bigmouthes are never the one I trust and the frightened ones are rather those I would feel I have to protect.

Now that is a statement I can absolutely concur with! It's also good to know that I have someone, such as yourself, to count on if the need arises.

As I mentioned before, under a different thread, only fools brag about the weapons they own, and make threats about what they might do with them. Also as I have mentioned before, obsessed individuals are dangerous, and should not own guns.

See ya cousin,
Milt

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
OK nobody has any questions so it is time for me to chime in.

You folks in the UK are like sheep waiting for slaughter. Hell, when I realized the general consensus on gun control laws, I thought of invading you myself. Hell I think maybe a small guerrilla group of 200 men could take the whole country in a matter of weeks. Thats just me though and Im really not preparing to invade the UK BTW as tempting as that sounds.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
OK nobody has any questions so it is time for me to chime in.

You folks in the UK are like sheep waiting for slaughter. Hell, when I realized the general consensus on gun control laws, I thought of invading you myself. Hell I think maybe a small guerrilla group of 200 men could take the whole country in a matter of weeks. Thats just me though and Im really not preparing to invade the UK BTW as tempting as that sounds.

LMAO

Please tell me you said that tongue in cheek or as a joke?

You realise the UK has an army, quite a substantial navy and the SAS is the equal of any special force group in the world.
Hypothetically if an army got passed all of that people in the streets with guns is going to be nothing but a nuisance at best.

I really hope you are kidding coz if not this is a perfect example of Americans being deluded about the reality of guns

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

When the Brits tried to suppress the Americans during the Revolutionary war there was guerrilla warfare. The generals themselves acknowledged they had no way to defend against it, because they could not anticipate or track their movements. It was spontaneous warfare. It was unpredictable.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
If it really gets serious and people are needed to defend the country I surely would not rely on those cowards who think they need a gun to defend themselves.

That argument is the stupidest of all.

I have never thought of it this way, but I think you are on to something. Those that live in such fear that they feel naked without a gun, are probably not the ones who are going to stand in the line of fire when SHTF, they will be off somewhere cowering, waiting to use the gun on someone who might happen (innocently or not) upon them.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

When the Brits tried to suppress the Americans during the Revolutionary war there was guerrilla warfare. The generals themselves acknowledged they had no way to defend against it, because they could not anticipate or track their movements. It was spontaneous warfare. It was unpredictable.

Are you actually comparing the revolutionary war to todays warfare?????

You do realise in this day of satellites, drones, tanks, bunker busters etc etc any guerilla force is pretty much screwed.

At best you could hide from invading forces but if you are killing their troops or hurting their supply lines they are coming after you and will get you.
Remember in your scenario they have already beaten your military, what chance do you think you have?

You my friend are a perfect example of guns giving people a false sense of security

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

I have never thought of it this way, but I think you are on to something. Those that live in such fear that they feel naked without a gun, are probably not the ones who are going to stand in the line of fire when SHTF, they will be off somewhere cowering, waiting to use the gun on someone who might happen (innocently or not) upon them.

Thats kinda silly. Why would a gun owner cower with it? when they know damn well what their intentions are?

The only cowering is the ones with no means to defend themselves.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Technology fails and computers can be hacked.

The will of the military is not that of the President.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

A gun is not the end all-be all tool for defending yourself, I will admit, my post is a bit general, but in my experience, the people who feel the need to arm themselves to the teeth "for their safety" are a little short on courage, often scared of their own shadow. These types of people do not know what trust is, they tend to be paranoid to the point of neurosis, and think they must kill all that they fear, even if that fear is unfounded.

People who have guns, who see them as a tool, not a desperate necessity, are the ones that do not concern me.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Technology fails and computers can be hacked.

The will of the military is not that of the President.

I have no idea what this means

basically your saying that even though some foreign invader has crushed the worlds most advanced and experienced war machine you and your buddies with your handguns and semi autos are gonna throw them back into the sea despite the fact they will have tanks, satellites, drones, the ability to listen to all your communications etc etc

Is this what your saying?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Don't get me wrong, in America we fight with fists too. I have fought as many as five at a time. No guns were pulled. I did get stabbed once.

They are definitely not the end all tool. But when one is drawn upon you, it is comforting to have something to match.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Being from America I can say that there are some within the military whom will not go with whatever orders especially if it calls for civilians. That said there are those within higher command who will not obey such orders. I play with these good folks from time to time. Hell even the highest ranking air force are pissed.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

You folks in the UK are like sheep waiting for slaughter. Hell, when I realized the general consensus on gun control laws, I thought of invading you myself. Hell I think maybe a small guerrilla group of 200 men could take the whole country in a matter of weeks.

That's possibly the biggest load of bollocks I've read all year.

The UK is a very small Island nation situated in a continent that has been beset for almost constant warfare since at least Roman times.

Yet we haven't been successfully invaded for nearly a thousand years now despite the best attempts of numerous nations.

I'm sure you're aware, allthough you it's highly possible you're the type who believes your Hollywood version of history, that we - and we alone - stood steadfast in the face of Hitler and his Nazi's and defiantly withstood his onslaught.

Many have tried, all have failed.

I suspect the closest you'll ever come to standing up for anything is typing away on a keyboard.
Still, never mind - Easter holidays are finished soon and it's back to school next week.

Maybe one day when you grow up, unlike the vast majority of Americans you'll get to leave your country and see the big world outside of your little bubble and realise what a ridiculous staement and attitude that is.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The UK funded Hitler.

Hell, we are not surprised. UK owns half of the globe or more, maybe even 75% or more and none of those citizens are allowed to have fire arms. Go figure.

This is why we jumped the pond and why the cowards still dwell in the UK.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply, I thought youd forgot/ignored me

You are very welcome. I honestly don't forget, or ignore very much. Unfortunately much of what I do concern myself with should be ignored.

I currently have very poor vision, and it takes me awhile to compile my longer responses.

I agree but I imagine criminals by the time you are aware they are criminals would have you in a position where to pull out a gun would endanger your life.

In reality, threats are, more often than not, detected long before they become imminent. When one's life is already in danger, the risk of pulling a handgun actually becomes irrelevent.

I was once accosted by three thugs in Chicago, where firearms were actually banned at the time. One had a hunting knife, another had a bayonet, and the third claimed he had a handgun in his jacket pocket, and that it was pointed at me. I felt my life was in danger and, instead of my wallet, I pulled a locked and loaded Smith and Wesson Model 39 (9mm) from my rear pocket. As they took off running, the bayonet was dropped, and one of them had the audacity to shout "Man, that's illegal". That was approximately 30 years ago. I still have the 18" Italian issue bayonet as a trophy. That one decision likely saved my life, and it did, indeed, deter at least 1 crime.

In that instance, do you really feel that I would have been better off without a firearm?

I have spent the last 2 hours trying to fight my way through all of your speculation, assumptions, and doubts. Besides being a futile effort, you are putting the burden of this argument on me, without doing any research of your own. That just ain't fair... LOL

If you are really sincere about firearm possesion and it's affects on violent crime in the United States, you will read the following document. It is actually a neutral research paper regarding myths on both sides of the gun control argument in the United States.
Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide?

I learned quite a bit from it, and I feel you will as well.

In the meantime, I will be looking forward to your comments on it.

I almost forgot about your question:

Can I ask why you dont have or want a gun?

Well, you certainly can.

When I lived North of Chicago, in a town named Zion (also with conceal and carry bans), I very rarely carried a firearm because it was illegal. I was assaulted by two individuals while walking home from a friends house one night. I was struck on the upper portion of my leg with an approximately 1" dia. solid metal rod. That blow broke my femur (thigh bone) and I immediately went down and couldn't get back up. They then proceeded to kick me in the head and face with their boots. That rendered me unconscious, broke my nose, and when I finally came to, I spit most of my forward teeth out.

Being recently divorced, I was living by myself in an apartment that was part of a duplex, with the other half being unoccupied. The next morning, after the surgery to repair my fractured leg, I was visited by 2 detectives sent to investigate my assault. At that time they also informed me that my apartment had also been burglarized and ransacked.

In addition to my firearms, that were well hidden, and few knew about, all of my guitars, amps, stereo equipment, basically everything but furniture and clothes were stolen. The detectives figured they made several trips, so whoever did it likely knew I wasn't coming home that night. In all probability, the one's that assaulted me got my address from my stolen wallet, then burglarized my home, after they saw my broken body carried off by the ambulance.

When I was finally able to travel, I packed up what few possessions I had left, got in the car and traveled about 700 miles to where I am now. I have lived on the very Eastern end of Tennessee for over 25 yrs. Many people in this area own and carry firearms, I have never had even a threat here. Because of that, I still don't feel a need to carry a weapon of my own. Furthermore, I still feel very, very bad about the two rifles, one shotgun, and I handgun that I did own ending up in the hands of criminals. If I had disobeyed the gun control laws that one night, and carried that 9mm with me, that whole ordeal WOULD HAVE BEEN AVERTED, and I can promise that I wouldn't have even needed to fire it. Most criminals are cowards, and will run when they don't have an advantage.

When I first started this post, I had no idea that I was going to tell you that much about my experiences with handguns and crime. Those experiences are not at all typical in most parts of the United States. As far as high crime areas like the Chicago area, the only thing not typical about my incidents is the fact that I survived the second one.

Cheers,
Milt

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I ran out of room in my previous post, and I have one comment to add:
I will NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, go into the Chicago area again without a fully locked and loaded semi automatic handgun! And, I honestly don't give a damn if it's legal or not.

Reliving those old memories kind of pissed me off!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 11-4-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I don't even consider Chicago or Detroit American anymore.

They have sold themselves to the devil.

God bless the Michigan Militia though.

ETA: Actually I take that back. I do resent them though and add California and NY to the list.
edit on 10-4-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join