It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Manmade UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Below is a video that I found, which was said to have been filmed in 1992.

In the video you can clearly see a large craft, which looks like it may be floating in a hanger and is massive.

The craft is a dull metallic color, and very clear in the video.

It is possible this is a gas filled craft, but I'll let the viewers decide what to think.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Well, that thing is massive!!

It would appear that it might indeed be a helium craft of some sort.

Interesting.

vvv

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

That's what I thought. But then again, what if it isn't?

I think that old question of "What if" always gets my mind running.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yes I was very impressed too with this footage a while ago.
In fact, I made a thread about it.
The member Morgil pointed me in the right direction.
It's a thermoplane.
Link

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Not seen this one before, it does seem like it's tethered down so that it doesn't float away indicating it's most likely a helium filled balloon of some sort. What I'm curious about is why choose that shape? Does anyone have anymore background info on this?

Nice one for posting any way, S&F

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
From what I can find about it its an airship not a UFO .

Images of a UFO-like airship, manufactured in Russia, the 1988-1992 in the Aviastor Aircraft Factory was the Russian city of Ulyanovsk developed. On behalf of the Moscow Aviation Institute, under the direction of the designer Yuri Ishkov in an initially secret project called "Frisbee" working on an airship, that the expense would be transporting up to 6 tons.

The project was to project "Thermal Plane" over and in 1991 was finally the first prototype was completed. The so-called ALA-40 with a disc-shaped flying ship was nearly 40 meters in diameter. The frame consisted of carbon fiber reinforced plastic. Boost to the construction by using helium-filled spheres and through the exhaust from two engines attached to the gondola. The first ground tests were conducted 1992nd Yuri Ishkov already working on a larger version of the airship.
lovingenergies.spruz.com...

Here's the original video

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

this has been posted a few times before ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search is your friend.

edit on 9-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Below is a post about the same video (under a different title) I posted a few months ago in another thread here on ATS. (You may have noticed by now that some videos come up again and again...):

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

The video purporting to show secret UFO development in fact shows the ALA-40, the first prototype of a flying saucer shaped airship by the Thermoplane Design Bureau.

The ALA-40 was completed at the Aviastar Industrial Complex at Simbirsk and was ground tested in 1992.

See:
www.unrealaircraft.com...

Looking like a flying saucer which has just captured a Mil Mi2 Fuselage, the ALA-40 was a 'proof of concept' design by Aviastar at Ulyanovsk, Russia. The program began in 1985, proceeding under chief designer Yuri Ishkov, and a prototype was ready in 1992. (snip)

The airships were intended to provide large, ecologically clean bulk carriers requiring virtually no airport or ground support. Timber and oil support equipment was among the proposed cargoes, with variants to include a flying tourist hotel, an emergency evacuation vehicle (for sea disasters, earthquake relief etc.), a firefighting aircraft, and a mobile hospital. (snip)

www.airspacemag.com/asm/mag/supp/jj97/uglies.html

A second prototype (ALA-40-02) was started in 1995, but lack of funding stopped construction.

Pages relating to the ALA-40 include this video on Youtube (and the person that posted it included relevant information and links in the text accompanying that video):

www.youtube.com...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

This thread reminds me of the avrocar: www.abovetopsecret.com... ...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
possibly alien/ufo tech?
im intrigued
also could be one of those "stealth blimps" i hear of that can camoflage to sky background
using cameras ontop of it and sort of like mini tv screens (crystals) below to project image though it

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
possibly alien/ufo tech?
im intrigued
also could be one of those "stealth blimps" i hear of that can camoflage to sky background
using cameras ontop of it and sort of like mini tv screens (crystals) below to project image though it

stop
read the whole thread ...
as there are many others
already on this same video & subject

its an Air Ship....

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Call me paranoid or whatever but... I've always thought: If extrterrestrials are so intelligent and do not want humans knowing they're hovering over our cities... wouldn't they build aircrafts shaped as the planes we're used to see? I understand it'd be a downgrade compared with the technology they have (according to the people who claim to know what kind of technology they have), but at least it wouldn't cause any alarms.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1subliminal3

post by 1subliminal3
I've always thought: If extrterrestrials are so intelligent and do not want humans knowing they're hovering over our cities... wouldn't they build aircrafts shaped as the planes we're used to see?

Some people on youtube would have you believe that that's the case , there was a trend a while ago for fake plane UFOs .... they just planes in reality .

Rather than go through all that effort to disguise their ships to look like our aircraft wouldn't it make more sense to just make your ship invisible , surely if you've got the tech to travel light years making your ship invisible would be easy to achieve .

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Actually I've heard they have invisible ships. I remember some people showing me pictures they took of the sun, and the reflection of the light in the lens was the visible proof of invisible ships. Doubtful, but oh well, who am I to decide what's real and what's not. Live and let live.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't know at what stage this was secret, it was a news item years ago, an effort to provide alternative means of freight transport to boost Russia's flagging economy. The airship is rigid, there are several firms around the world trying out the same idea, including the USA, and elsewhere in Europe, they are all commercial.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As Gortex correctly described, ALA-40, although this picture is circa 1993.

A more realistic version of the video,

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-4-2012 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Topic already being discussed on several threads, as shown above.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join