It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeping Paralysis is evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I am sure many of you have experienced paralysis while asleep. You wake up half way and find your body paralyzed as you loose control of the body and you barely can swing your eyes and look around. For me often during the paralysis, i am in a clear state of mind and i am positively sure that i am not dreaming, it's scary and all it takes is for someone to call out my name or knock my my door to get me out of the paralysis instantly. Is it the same for those of you guys out there ever experienced paralysis?
While i experience paralysis about once a month or so that i almost got used to it, there is one time such experience is far more serious. That was a friday afternoon when i had an afternoon sleep. I woke up during the sleep knowing that this is another paralysis, but different! I felt strongly a presence of something in my room yet i could not see. Then i heard a laugh noise, someone was laughing, a deep sounded laugh. This realy realy scared me and i tried to resist the paralysis as my body started to shake. Then right at this point, one of my friend came and knocked on my door as i was instantly set free out of the paralysis. This was indeed my most horrific experience.
I used to think paralysis was just some form of sleep disorder, but that changed my view. Was it the evil i encountered? a demon pocession? Any one here have had similar experience or any ideas?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have sleep paralysis frequently and it scares me. It is considered a sleeping disorder and can be accompanied by hallucinations. Here are some links that might help explain it to you. It is definitely creepy and some nights I am better able to deal with it than others.

www.stanford.edu...

paranormal.about.com...

Jemison

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I would say the "evil" you did encounter was your own fears... I had those too when just beginning with OBE/Astral Projection...

Once you face those fears it will be gone

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Any suggestions on how to face the fears? I tell myself 'ok, cool, I'm going to try to have an OBE' and then once I feel like I'm starting to leave my body I am so afraid that I'm actually going to die that I panic and try desperately to pull myself back and stop the paralysis. I can think about it all day long and try to plan how I will talk myself out of being afraid, but when I'm in the situation, just starting to come out of my body (I think) and the buzzing/vibrations are going strong and I'm unable to move it really freaks me out.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis two or more times a night for about the last 9 years. I would get them all the time when I was sleeping in high school too. School was always a weird place to get it.
Whenever I get SP I just try and fall back to sleep, and I can usually do it. I used to be scared when it happened, but now I don't even care; It's a normal thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis, is simply your body is asleep, but your mind is awake. When someone knocks on your door, it startles you, just as if you were totally asleep, you would wake up.
I have also heard laughing while in sleep paralysis last time I started to wake up from an OBE/Lucid Dream. I knew to expect voices or something, so when i heard the laughing (and it was a real evil laugh) I just laughed back at it in my mind and it stopped and I woke up.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I've had it or not. It happened about 3 weeks ago while my friend was sleeping over. My friend was on the floor, and I was on the bed (I know, I'm such a nice guy. We were going boating the next day, so he had to sleep over so that we could go early in the morning). I don't remember if it was a dream or not, but I just remember trying to talk to him, but I couldn't. I felt...paralysed of course. It's hard to remember, though if it was a dream or not.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If you believe it is evil, it will be evil... if you believe it isn't, it's not going to be..

sure, the first 28 times it's scary, but when you manage to control your fear everything becomes "normal" and you'll learn to use it to your advantage.

Just don't go scaring people about the evils of sleep paralysis.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
www.arts.uwaterloo.ca...

Don't know where you got the evil and demonic possession bit about
sleep paralysis

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

Any suggestions on how to face the fears? I tell myself 'ok, cool, I'm going to try to have an OBE' and then once I feel like I'm starting to leave my body I am so afraid that I'm actually going to die that I panic and try desperately to pull myself back and stop the paralysis. I can think about it all day long and try to plan how I will talk myself out of being afraid, but when I'm in the situation, just starting to come out of my body (I think) and the buzzing/vibrations are going strong and I'm unable to move it really freaks me out.

Jemison

The one think comes to mind when facing fear is not to think about it... Try breathing techniques.
Breath in: visualize light going in your body throught the top of your head
Breath out: visualize (or not) negative (dark) emotions/thoughts going out of your nose

Problem is you are going out of your body EVERY night but are not aware of it. and now, when you are trying to go out of your body consiously you have to face the fears of going to die, etc etc.

There's no of the shelf solution for facing those fears.. the above might work for you.. or not..

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I always hear someone walking around or other noises while stuck in SP. It is common, I have had SP for years now and I have yet to become ok with it

new topics

top topics

join