It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans Elders talks about the Shift of Ages, Age of Enlightment, Countdown to the 2012 Transition ..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Ben81

How can you debunk the most oldest and important prophecy ever

That begins with the fact that there is no prophecy.

You are wrong .. you know why ?

This prophecy is so important and old
that there is billions of people scared of it that it will bring doomsday
and the other half is a prophecy of good changes on earth

The focus on that date is so enormous
that many will try to make something special for that date
the corrupted elites could have something planned
many people will obviously panic has we are getting closer to it

So even if nothing happen .. the date is still highly important
and the probability of having a life changing event is highly plausible

Just see all the signs with nature and the odd ME rising tension
that could bring WW3

I think the elites wants whats coming and they know about it
wonder why they are ready to wipe everyone on earth with just a finger
hiding in their billions dollars bunker

Again plz .. dont underestimate that date
i just wish no one will ruin Mother Earth birthday

cant wait for it to arrive ... 9 months to go

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I'm not just going to take your word for it. Can you show me a link where it states that it is Calleman's Hoax? Maybe he predicted all sorts of things but that has nothing to do with the Mayan Calender predicting the March 10th Japan crisis only 1 day off by stating it would happen on March 9th.

The article and the article it linked to do NOT do anything other than make a vacuous claim about the Mayans.

The quote I posted

Here’s where things get spooky: The last cycle or wave, the “Unity” cycle ended on March 9 2011, and the Mayans predicted it would end with a massive earthquake. The massive Japanese earthquake occurred on the 10th of March.

Look through this gibberish by Calleman that failed.
www.calleman.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am not going to be quite as harsh as some folks can be concerning this topic.

It is well known it is called a "calendar wheel"...which means that which came before will eventually roll around again. The ending of the 13th Baktun just means the wheel turns and it starts over again. This realy isn't a big secret.

I did like that it was stated that because of misunderstandings and misinterpretations concerning the Gregorian and even the Julian Calendar....no one knows really what date it ends on...it's a guess....an educated guess...but still a guess. No one knows absolutely for sure.

I think it is nice that people look to the future with hope. Hope seems to be in short supply these days and it's good to see someone at least trying to give people a reason to hope...even when it's out on the fringe a little bit.

I don't fall into the "doomsday" scenarios...This planet still has a lot of life left in it...."WE" might not as a species...but this old rock will be around for a really-really long time. Our possible demise has little to do with erratic orbiting planets and returning gods and has more to do with pollution, disease and famine...most of which is caused by our own short-sightedness.

All that being said, I will say this.

I do a little reading into fringe theory as well as real science and philosophy. I find a couple things rather interesting and it's just an opinion based on observation of multiple texts and disciplines.

We know that in quantum mechanics, some things are influenced simply by observing them. Now you can look at this different ways but the commonality here is that thought can actually have an influence over the "real" world...at this point, we can only measure and acknowledge it at a sub-atomic level...but it is real nonetheless.

We have some brilliant scientist past and present that have postulated and somewhat proven the possibility of a collective consciousness (Jung called it a collective unconsciousness) and Persinger is working on a theory that the earth's magnetic field actually...very slightly...connects our thoughts.

Now lets just say for a moment that we have billions and billions of people focusing on a specific date...can they influence that date? Can they cause or create some sort of collectively directed outcome?

Well modern science says...."maybe". It is not outside of the realm of scientific possibility.

Philosophically...we are always told to think and expect positive things and positive things will come to pass...so...

me personally...I try to read all of this stuff. Philosophy, religion, science and fringe theory and try to merge it all in my head....when I get new info, it causes a recalculation which may or may not change my opinion.

I love to describe myself in a peculiar way and that is "I live with the madness of infinite possibility". Now I know there is a difference in probability and possibility....but all things being said...anything truly is possible in the vastness of the universe....or the "multi-verse"...

So yeah, I kinda like the positive thinking ideas focusing on a particular date and time...it makes me feel good and gives just a little bit of hope that we can control our fate by sheer power of will alone...

But hey....that's just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I am right ... you know why?

You never stated what the prophecy is. The reason is that you know that the prophecy does not exist. All you did was state that a day made famous by hoaxers is now a famous day for hoaxes. I'll agree to that. It is a day made famous by hoaxers. Prophecies? Not ancient ones.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The uncertainty in the correlation between the Gregorian calendar and the long count is not affected by the Julian calendar. The uncertainty comes from knowing the Gregorian dates for some events. Part of this appears to be due to different cities using different long count dates for the same date.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I thought the problem with connecting it to the Gregorian calendar was errors that happened when "time" measure switched from Julian to Gregorian...perhaps I was mistaken.

It was my understanding that there were just blatant errors between the the Gregorian and Julian so therefore it was literally impossible to connect those two to a third time measuring system....

So not directly influenced by the Julian....but the Gregorian IS influenced by the Julian...so therein lies my train of thought.

As I said...I might be mistaken....not the first time.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

The Julian calendar had leap years. It had too many. Here is where it gets a little tricky. If there is an extra leap year, then March 1 should be March 2 since the extra Feb 29 should have been Mar 1. So catch up you jump forward in the calendar which is what was done in 1582. The jump forward was the number of extra leap years that should not have been leap years. That is how the 2 calendars are connected. It is possible to determine Julian dates for today. You can determine Gregorian dates for ancient Roman times.

So now we have the long count calendar. It is connected tot he Gregorian calendar by the GMT. That assigns dates in the Gregorian calendar to the long count and vice versa. it is not the only correlation, but one often used.

The uncertainty comes not from our own calendar issues, but from the ability to match up a long count with a Gregorian day. Part of the problem is that different cities appeared to have different long counts for the same day. Another problem is that the long count was no longer in use when Europeans arrived. Another problem is that their astronomical records are hard to match against known events. Xcalibur254 probably knows about other issues as well.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Well one source is John Major Jenkins, the man who serves to gain the most from a Mayan elder supporting his theories.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Haha! I knew it! Removed in the blink of an eye!

Anyway, I do believe in these prophecies of a better world yet to come. It was seen by many people who were "awake" in the past and now it's being seen by many who are "awake" now.

I could be wrong, and possibly laughed-at if the world is just the same come, say... 2014. But oh well, I'm human and not perfect and I've been wrong before.

The thing is, is that the people who are completely against the world changing for the better, they might be transferred to a time or place (we'll call it a "universe" or "dimension", because honestly I don't know) where they can live out their life the way they want to - in a world full of problems. And possibly those of us who want to see the change will live out our lives in the way WE want to. And so, as the theory goes, the ones who are happy with the status quo might not notice a change. We are multi-dimensional beings and we can have personalities in more than one place.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

If this "prophecy" is so important why is there only one reference to 13.0.0.0.0 in all of the Classic period and none in the post-Columbian period? Why is this reference not a prophecy? Why can't "researchers" agree on what this prophecy says or where it comes from? The fact is that no prophecy exists and is merely the creation of charlatans and hucksters.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
The fact is that no prophecy exists and is merely the creation of charlatans and hucksters.

You forgot comic book writers! Grant Morrison did awesomely with the whole 2012 thing in The Invisibles.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A calendar cycle ending is not a prophecy. Whether the date is right or not. It's like January ending and February beginning....it's not a prophecy. The only "somewhat" prophecy I am aware of out of the Mayans is the Dresden Codex...and I don't think...(not sure) that is attached to a specific date.

Don't get me wrong, I like the hope thing....I like that someone came up with an idea and used it to inspire positive thinking. I however...do not see this attached to real "Mayan" life, belief and expectation....it is a fabricated date based on an interpretation that is more than likely incorrect.

As I said before....is that a bad thing? Not at all. I think it's great that someone came up with a date and said "we all need to focus here and expect good things to happen". There is absolutely nothing wrong with that....it might be a really positive thing to get billions of minds looking to a date and trying to influence it...."maybe".

and I suppose they tried to attach ancient mysticism and mythology to it to add credence to that date....that is the bad part.

I don't really care one way or another. I do think it's a great idea to look toward the future with hope and positive expectation....just call it what it is and don't try to ride the coat-tails of a people not around anymore....that's kinda crappy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A lot of people and cultures had prophecies. They based it on things like.. how their crops grew, and if they sighted a comet in the sky, or which why the smoke would blow during a sacrifice of a prisoner. Why does anyone put so much stock in a Mayan prophecy? Because they made a detailed calendar?

What will be funny is how some people will claim it occurred, and they feel "enlightened" after this December.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Or maybe the old date of 24/12/2011 was correct. Have you not seen a general awakening of people around you recently? I for one have noticed a complete change of direction, in general conversations on the street to random internet forums, people seem to have had enough. When it affects the people, then they will start to awaken. The more people are affected, the more people will wake up.
Here's hoping that the transition is complete in 2012 and we can take back our planet from the capitalist pigs.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Lets hope you can present some scientific evidence to back this up.

As I thought, no evidence to back this up. The prophecy is old?
So are hundreds of others. This prophecy is important? The same thing can be said about others.
Doesn't mean its true. Everything about 2012 has been debunked plenty of times.
And no, there are not billions of people scared of 2012. Where are you getting your
information from?

The focus on that date is so enormous
that many will try to make something special for that date
the corrupted elites could have something planned
many people will obviously panic has we are getting closer to it

The elite have had plans for thousands of years. There is actual evidence
to back that up. The focus on that date is enormous huh? Well, what does
that mean? It means nothing at all. There is a enormous focus on drinking
water to live, doesn't mean all the water in the oceans are going to dry up over night does it?

So even if nothing happen .. the date is still highly important
and the probability of having a life changing event is highly plausible

Again with this? What probability? Based on what exactly? What about Y2K? Nothing happened then. Anything life changing happened? No.

Just see all the signs with nature and the odd ME rising tension
that could bring WW3

What signs? Please explain.

I think the elites wants whats coming and they know about it
wonder why they are ready to wipe everyone on earth with just a finger
hiding in their billions dollars bunker

They know whats coming because their creating the "coming". They are the ones
creating the problem. They are the ones that brought about this stupid myth
that everyone follows blindly with no evidence to back it up for some reason.
They made this bunk up, and they've done a good job bashing it into peoples
heads.

Again plz .. dont underestimate that date
i just wish no one will ruin Mother Earth birthday

cant wait for it to arrive ... 9 months to go

I'll underestimate it like I underestimated these dates :

March 23, 2011 (Super earthquake, also rapture)
March 21, 2011 (Alien invasion)
March 22, 2011 (Rapture)
April (Any predictions in this month)
May (Any predictions in this coming month)
December 2012 (End of the world, Age of enlightment, blah blah)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smugmushroom
reply to post by Wolfenz

Or maybe the old date of 24/12/2011 was correct. Have you not seen a general awakening of people around you recently? I for one have noticed a complete change of direction, in general conversations on the street to random internet forums, people seem to have had enough. When it affects the people, then they will start to awaken. The more people are affected, the more people will wake up.
Here's hoping that the transition is complete in 2012 and we can take back our planet from the capitalist pigs.

Just Maybe the Effect started at 2011

just look at 2012 Now !! just take a look the News Media in the last 3 months !

More Tornadoes Hurricanes Strange Sounds around !! the Strange Activity of the Sun
Earthquakes ... Mass Animal Deaths all Animals with Navigation Direction

CALAMITY UPON THE EARTH THREE MONTHS IN 2012

I tend to think we are going into the main Entrance of the interstellar Cloud
How a Cloud of Space Dust Could Wipe Out Life on Earth

Seemingly innocuous specks could throw off the whole solar system—and we might not see them until it's too late.
by Jeffrey Winters
From the Whole Universe special issue; published online December 30, 2008

discovermagazine.com...

Did Clouds in Space Cause Snowball Earth?

by Fraser Cain on March 4, 2005
www.universetoday.com...

IBEX Probe Glimpses Interstellar Neighborhood

ScienceDaily (Jan. 31, 2012)
www.sciencedaily.com...

Near-Earth Supernovas
A new NASA mission will soon leave Earth to study the remains of some uncomfortably close supernova explosions.
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
While I do feel that a shift has picking up momentum I don't know if it will completely happen at the end of 2012. This "shift" as you call it can go either way imho which is the key. As someone mentioned previously that to focus on how to grow as an individual, keep a positive outlook, and face what happens in the world is key. Let's be clear however... keeping a positive outlook does not mean turning a blind eye... for all you out there who believe that phrase means just that.

I do believe that this shift has been growing, slowly, over the decades and has been spurred by technology and the "shrinking" of the earth so to speak. We are more connected to each other than ever before. People are paying attention to what happens in other nations more and more. Globalization is here and is only growing, due to technology, which is leading to a shift in individual and societal consciousness. I do HOPE that it will go along the paths of unity, greater empathy, and a greater sense of the "us" mindset as a species but time will tell.

From what I see going on in the world this is occurring. I find it interesting that it is happening in 2012 and therefore think maybe there is something to the solidification of a new paradigm of thinking, or perspectives. The ideas of unity as a species has never been a "common" or widely processed viewpoint yet I think that could be changing. Especially from what I'm reading on these boards and seeing on the news websites about how others are reaching out to those who hurt, need help, and are suffering. It gives me hope and inspires me to do the same (e.g. the We

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I love the nebulous term "shift in reality." Anything, from less natural disasters, waking up with less headaches, or not getting such a bad sunburn in the summer will be attributed to this magical "shift" in reality. It's a load of bunk, all of it. Aside from their penchant for mapping out the stars and making calendars, the Mayans were not in the possession of secret knowledge of the future.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Shift in reality comes from development of emotional intelligence... does anyone understand what this term means? Because that shift is happening... and its happening now... and its been building for some time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join