It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Episode History Channel ANCIENT ALIENS: Da VInci Conspiracy S04E8

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I love AA to death but I think that this episode is WAYY too farfetched.

In my own opinion, Da Vinci was a very curious man who had more than enough time and resources to fulfill his inquiries.

I do not think Da Vinci's life is related to aliens in any way but who knows what the guy may have figured out in his extravagant lifetime.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
the non-AA "Nostradamus Effect - Da Vinci's Armageddon" was way more far-fetched, huvvering over psychic visions. imho

theres some awesome da Vinci docs out there, even on History Channel alone and then the other networks ie PBS

before AA's Da Vinci episode i knew nothing about LDV except his possible authoring of the Voynich codex, which AA doesnt even mention for some reason.

anyways.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

compare to..

Nostradamus Effect: Da Vinci's Armageddon

edit on 9-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

In the words of Ripley...

"Did IQ's just drop sharply while I was away?"

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is absolute BS, his work is amazing and he is even my own personal favourite artist. However his work is not that different from others during that period. This show just picks the most famous and big events in history and then sets a few "ancient alien theorists" to grasp at draws
. I bet Hitler has been featured on this show, and Cleopatra, Gandhi, Bruce Lee, Van Goth, Caesar etc have or will soon be on this show. He was just a talented drawer which lends itself well to his engineering talents.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Takes a certain person to do this, not many artists could or knew. Such an angle or bending of angles is required for the subtle to been seen as intended using mirrors or overlay. Perfect example:

Self-portrait in red chalk, 1512 to 1515

Real self-portrait in red chalk, 1512 to 1515

I have to agree that the episodes do a shoddy job of trying this. 'Junk' mirroring/overlaying/bending i do not tolerate.
There are many more, this is just one example on the most basic level.

What ye think?
edit on 10-4-2012 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I believe Leonardo Da Vinci may have been one of the wizards I talk about in my thread linked in my signature.

Could he be the author of the Voynich Document, like has been suggested in this thread? Are the 'Ancient Aliens' talked about in this show actually other Wizards that LDV conversed with? Could he be the key to understanding magic in our contemporary times?

Lots of interesting questions to be asked.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
First of all, I've to say that it was interesting (I've not the time for wath the second video about Nostradamus.)
Leo !!! One of my favortite. I've read and study a lot about him. I didn't know about the disappearing angel... But I think it's not a kind of secret message, just... a manifestation of his genious no ? Lol, I've got this paint to analyse during my mid-year exams. Even if the angel is quite.. differente from the rest of the composition, he is not the only anomaly. The Virgin had been also reworked ( her robe show strangely the form of her knees, it's seems that she has 3 lol !) but with the 'applat' (sorry I don't have the english word
), the retouch, the artist can make it disappear.
So it's sure, the X rayon can show strange things.
After, all his studies about the light and optics, the vision, and difractions, was resumed in his paint tecnhic of 'sfumetto' : the atmosphere perspective. The exact perception of our eyes, about the corporel heat and the contact with the atmosphere (particulary visible with his Saint Jean Baptiste )

[img]http://www.google.fr/imgres?q=saint+jean+baptiste+l%C3%A9onard+de+vinci&um=1&hl=fr&sa=X&rlz=1C1AVSA_enFR428FR428&biw=1639&bih=800&tbs=isz:l&tbm=i sch&tbnid=p-hSmzFb8Bo1MM:&imgrefurl=http://emagicworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/03/decor-encore-des-corps.html&docid=c5OuFyF48zcOyM&imgurl=http://3.bp.blo gspot.com/-YVtTX4dpOrs/T3At9xaSiXI/AAAAAAAAAh0/wJxV0vYLiZs/s1600/St-jean-baptiste-vinci_web.jpg&w=1012&h=1374&ei=j46ET9-KLMSm0AWwnaDVBw&zoom=1&iact=hc &vpx=930&vpy=142&dur=1308&hovh=261&hovw=192&tx=77&ty=132&sig=112810312863587817301&page=1&tbnh=129&tbnw=92&start=0&ndsp=39&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:77[/im g]

or an other exemple, the blue horizon, indacting the far distance (you can observe yourself this phenomene everyday) Virgin of the Rocks

www.google.fr...:l&tbm=isch&t bnid=zntBzvFw4OqfLM:&imgrefurl=http://gallerycache.wordpress.com/2011/10/22/virgin-of-the-rocks-leonardo-da-vinci/&docid=cYN9HIpK10pQnM&imgurl=http:// gallerycache.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/the-virgin-of-the-rocks-leonardo-da-vinci.jpg&w=765&h=1200&ei=lo-ET4Yo6sbRBd3TwMIH&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=182&vpy =157&dur=446&hovh=280&hovw=178&tx=122&ty=135&sig=112810312863587817301&page=1&tbnh=176&tbnw=115&start=0&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:67

Alright. By the way, in the exemple of reflection with this picture, showing an alien Virgin face, I think it's... hum stretching ? (please correct me if it's the wrong term : ) ). Because, there's is two versions painted by Leonard, and this one is the London Version.
So, alright it's just the angel's arms who moves, but I'm pretty sure that in the X rayon study they have also found differents elements.

+ If such an artist would have to hide a portait, knowing his drawing level, he would have better made it, no ? Ok ok, he's just an human xD
For the theory of time travel... I'm septic. If he had travel in our future, and seen all this technology... to redraw it after, and that is it said that our modern technology is in huge part born from his drawing... i'm maybe wrong, but isn't it paradoxal ?
If he had never 'travel', would have we today this technology ? I fear that I'm not clear, please pardon me x)

And the theory of aliens... I've also remarked in my sutdies all these weird 'holy clouds', ou simply clouds.
As many of us, I've also thought about UFO ! It's disturbing, and interesting. i've no doubt that the Renaissance Artists were very accurate of their environnement. So why not ? For that point, I verse in the theory, but there is always the risk to stuck our modern vision of things to an old vision (maybe it was just clouds. We could that sometimes, Nature is weird xD)

Rooooh I Love History of Art mixed with mysteries

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuDreamWalker
First of all, I've to say that it was interesting (I've not the time for wath the second video about Nostradamus.)
Leo !!! One of my favortite. I've read and study a lot about him. I didn't know about the disappearing angel... But I think it's not a kind of secret message, just... a manifestation of his genious no ? Lol, I've got this paint to analyse during my mid-year exams. Even if the angel is quite.. differente from the rest of the composition, he is not the only anomaly. The Virgin had been also reworked ( her robe show strangely the form of her knees, it's seems that she has 3 lol !) but with the 'applat' (sorry I don't have the english word
), the retouch, the artist can make it disappear.
So it's sure, the X rayon can show strange things.
After, all his studies about the light and optics, the vision, and difractions, was resumed in his paint tecnhic of 'sfumetto' : the atmosphere perspective. The exact perception of our eyes, about the corporel heat and the contact with the atmosphere (particulary visible with his Saint Jean Baptiste )

[align=center][/align]

or an other exemple, the blue horizon, indacting the far distance (you can observe yourself this phenomene everyday) Virgin of the Rocks :

Alright. By the way, in the exemple of reflection with this picture, showing an alien Virgin face, I think it's... hum stretching ? (please correct me if it's the wrong term : ) ). Because, there's is two versions painted by Leonard, and this one is the London Version.
So, alright it's just the angel's arms who moves, but I'm pretty sure that in the X rayon study they have also found differents elements.

+ If such an artist would have to hide a portait, knowing his drawing level, he would have better made it, no ? Ok ok, he's just an human xD
For the theory of time travel... I'm septic. If he had travel in our future, and seen all this technology... to redraw it after, and that is it said that our modern technology is in huge part born from his drawing... i'm maybe wrong, but isn't it paradoxal ?
If he had never 'travel', would have we today this technology ? I fear that I'm not clear, please pardon me x)

And the theory of aliens... I've also remarked in my sutdies all these weird 'holy clouds', ou simply clouds.
As many of us, I've also thought about UFO ! It's disturbing, and interesting. i've no doubt that the Renaissance Artists were very accurate of their environnement. So why not ? For that point, I verse in the theory, but there is always the risk to stuck our modern vision of things to an old vision (maybe it was just clouds. We could that sometimes, Nature is weird xD)

Rooooh I Love History of Art mixed with mysteries

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
We are in 2012 talking about the Bible, how do you think people in the 1500's talked about the Bible?

One of the most legendary human beings of all time, and most people compare him to some everyday person. He is one of the most amazing human beings to ever grace this planet, you shouldn't be arguing that. Can anyone duplicate the Mona Lisa? Could he not have had some cosmic intervention? I guess that is impossible.

Have any of you known anyone special? There are people who are awe inspiring in the world. There are people who view life differently than you, are more enlightened than you, more in tune with nature than you, and more spiritual than you.

What if Leonardo Da Vinci saw a UFO, what if he had some highly unusual dreams? Leonardo Da Vinci is one of a kind, comparing him to Bruce Lee was a little strange. Comparing him to as great as ET intelligence. Wow, thats a nice compliment...

The show asks at the very beginning, "What is the source of his divine intellect?" Answer this scientifically. What is the source? Isn't the LHC looking for that? Or is there another answer?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaSynthesis
Takes a certain person to do this, not many artists could or knew. Such an angle or bending of angles is required for the subtle to been seen as intended using mirrors or overlay. Perfect example:

Self-portrait in red chalk, 1512 to 1515

Real self-portrait in red chalk, 1512 to 1515

I have to agree that the episodes do a shoddy job of trying this. 'Junk' mirroring/overlaying/bending i do not tolerate.
There are many more, this is just one example on the most basic level.

What ye think?
edit on 10-4-2012 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

You know how in the AA episode it points out Da Vinci's mirror methods right?

He drew that picture while looking at a mirror so it reflected him in that angle. Then you reverse it and it should be the other way around, like it's should be the whole image. or close to. That makes perfect sense to me!

I'm really curious about this guy. He knew stuff. I want to know what he knew. Same with Tesla.[
edit on 14-4-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join