It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Episode History Channel ANCIENT ALIENS: Da VInci Conspiracy S04E8

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Just to spare anyone else the bother :

Well Aliens might be around now, so what's to say they've not been around all along!

Because it would've surely been added somewhere.. Let's get all the obvious points out of the way early so this has at least a hope of avoiding a 30 page argument...
edit on 9-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Great Show, thank you.

I seem to remember being shot down in flames when I mentioned these old paintings a while back in a thread. Sooooooo.......they are real and not fakes then?

Yes, they are real and fully explained in an old, but excellent, thread posted here by Cicada:
Link

Only the ignorant think these show UFOs. Note that ignorance is not only not insulting, but also curable.

I linked you to your cure. It's up to you to take it.

Harte

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
thats the beauty of it, Da Vinci was an incredibly abstract extraordinary man of his times for reasons cited on page 1.

if the series was about him drawing aliens, like Filippo's work, i wound have tuned out. but his futuristic aircraft, anatomically detailed bodies (from his own secret autopsies) in the cellars of the Vatican, at risk of being put to his own death, his tangible robot model lion, his prototypes for sadly weapons used by todays us military- out of this world! at least back in his day.

so, where did all that foresight come from? the series itself on whole explores the possibilities of some level of extraterrestrial or future enlightenment or simply - superhuman genius intellect.

perhaps ancient astronaut influence? one possible explanation for 'ancient aliens' as well as early advanced knowledge & inventions compared to our 2 most recent centuries, indeed.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Da Vinci is our written/eurocentric history's greatest scientifically grounded, enigmatic & cryptic artist that ever lived!

That's because the man was left-handed.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Wow, I'm normally one to say "well anything is possible", but honestly this was the biggest load of junk I've seen! I'll give a couple of examples, but there were many! They say Leonardo was known for painting what he saw (as to say that the creepy looking faces were real). So I guess he saw angels too then? I mean, what was he looking at? Stupid! He drew a corkscrew helicopter to show people that he had seen a real helicopter via time travel! Wait, I thought he drew realistic drawings? Why wouldn't he of just drawn an actual heli? Stupid!

If you reverse an image and then lay one over the other you're bound to get shapes due to the 2 images being symmetrical! stupid, stupid, stupid!

Sorry, but I felt like I was losing braincells watching this... I'm in short supply as it is!

I'm very concerned about your familarity with the word "stupid."
The way you present your ideas was my trigger for that concern

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I enjoy the Ancient Aliens series. It's entertaining.
I do agree they have been off track from their original stance, especially the last two episodes. What if da Vinci hit a bout of depression for a couple years, became a recluse etc, or decided to "find himself" and cut off public and social ties. It's quite absurd for them to say he was with aliens or whatever.
To anyone who watched it, have you ever heard of the cave they referenced. To those who don't know, AA said he went into this cave and was missing for two years, that the cave was a portal of some sort.
A part of me does entertain the idea that da Vinci was a time traveler. Take a look at his so called inventions. Its like he was trying to recreate ideas with the resources he had (a lot are said to not even work if made). The guy could draw and paint, that's for sure. For example, if I went back in time 600 years, and I wanted to try and "recreate" a helicopter, or scuba, I would do my best to use known resources/materials to "recreate" the project. Just seems like that what Da Vinci did, to me anyways. Just MHO.

edit on 9/4/12 by dr0pthr3 because: Oops wrong word. Replaced good with could.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I've not reached Season 4 and won't do it any time soon but it seems Season 4 has turned into conspiracy, while the previous were speculation and very good connections made. Not sure how the objectivity goes from that season towards the previous ones, like is it making even wilder claims?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I dont think there ever was any objectivity. The idea is you get people to watch the show so that whatever network is showing it can make money off adverts. Thats the whole idea of TV programs.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think theres a huge gulf between a drawing and an actual invention. Also with the robotics in the programe, surely it just an automaton and not a robot. The ancients had automatons well before De vinci.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
And still the many drawings, texts, caves, petroglyphs, sunken ruins, strange places can tell you that.

So just because they are making money TOO, does not invalidate the theory's main idea. MAIN IDEA - that people could have been visited and had contacts, not going to say True/False to every single case they talk about.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Da Vinci is our written/eurocentric history's greatest scientifically grounded, enigmatic & cryptic artist that ever lived!

That's because the man was left-handed.

Yea apparently we 10%, have a more creative side and a 'different' way of seeing things and even some different/switched physiological changes in some but not all of us lefties of course it varies even within lefties (sadly)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Futurama, season 6. "The Duh-Vinci Code".

Nuff said, lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I'm very concerned about your familarity with the word "stupid." The way you present your ideas was my trigger for that concern

Well I did say I was in short supply of braincells... But don't worry though, you do not need to be concerned for me! Though the thought was very nice of you. I have some great carers and they do a top notch job.

I hope that alleviates any genuine concern you had...?

Do you fancy actually challenging anything I've said?

You actually believe what was posed in this video? Now look I'm all for the possibility of aliens existing, Hey I'm not even closed off to the possibility that they are living among us now! Or the possibility that they have been here multiple times throughout the course of our history. I'm even open to the possibility that they in fact created our DNA...

But this episode was just plain stupid! (theres the word again) I gave examples as to why, but you give me nothing to think otherwise.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I wasn't overly impressed with this episode especially the mirrored images. Those paintings though did seem to evoke a feeling that the artists were trying to portray that something wasn't right or as it appeared to be. I'm not saying I particularly believe any of what I am about to present but I thought it was an interesting theory as I watched the program.

The idea started with the painting where the angel turned invisible. In this particular case I don't think any message was intended other than making his mark unless he knew that in the future we'd be able to view it in certain ways. If that is the case then it ties in with the rest of the theory but this time it is more than likely coincidence. I began to think what message would a disappearing angel convey. To me, it would represent that the angel was never there. Perhaps the story was a lie? The whole meaning and story of the painting completely changes.

With this in mind as I watched a few other things began to jump out at me. In the Last Supper to me Jesus looks a little feminine but it is the robe that caught my interest. Red and blue are common symbols for the male/female, positive/negative that alchemy and other religions deal with in the attempt to become a "god man". The right side of the body is said to be positive or electric (red) and the left passive or magnetic (blue).
Next look at the hands. The right hand is reaching it is active, it is grabbing but it is not necessarily reaching for anything in particular. The left hand is open receptive and passive. So building off the first idea what if Jesus was just a symbol for the "god man". It is possible that he may have also achieved this state however I think the intent and combination with other works would make it more likely the first.

Moving on we have: The Annunciation with Saint Emidius - 1486 - Carlo Crivell. I know a lot of people say the discs are the holy spirit but if you look closely in this painting you can see that the holy spirit is already accounted for by the doves to the left of the disc. The beam points to something I can't make out and it is not Mary. All those devices resemble alchemist tools and look above Mary. There is a peacock another alchemical symbol. ‘Cauda Pavonis’, the peacock’s tail, or the peacock itself, is a phase in which many colors appear. Many alchemists place this phase before albedo, whiteness, although some of them place it after albedo. Gerhard Dorn (16th century): "This bird flies during the night without wings. By the first heavenly dew, after an uninterrupted process of cooking, ascending and descending, it first takes the shape of a raven’s head, then of a peacock’s tail; its feathers becoming very white and good smelling, and finally becoming fiery red, indicating its fiery character." The colors refer to the three stages of the Great Work, with rubedo, or redness, being the last one.Guess what the Christian definition of peacock in paintings are "immortality or life after death". So not only do we have another alchemical reference in a biblical work could we have a connection to the Holy Trinity? The three stages of the Great Work?

There are more yet I'll leave it at that for now with a brief mention to all of the UFO ones to tie together. Now ones first gut reaction is to say Jesus was an alien. Especially with the painting where the disc is shining it's light down upon his birth it is easy to come to that conclusion. In all of the paintings the UFO's take a back seat, why? Was the author really just putting in there to say hey look there is something in the sky but I'll cleverly stick it the background? Then it hit me. They were in the background because they were literally behind it meaning the whole story of Jesus and the Bible and who knows what else. It was a work they created for whatever reason. If Da Vinci and other did have contact with aliens it is possible some were trying to cover something up while others were trying to reveal something.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This show was interesting during the first couple of seasons. Now it's just pathetic. They should remove it immediately.

Da Vinci influenced by aliens? COME ON!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hmm some key points to maybe not forget:

- the title of the series is ANCIENT ALIENS, hello

- this episode was specifically the Da Vinci CONSPIRACY, the nostradamus one in contrast, spec ARMAGEDDON(!)

- consistently cryptic + abstract in writing, art, hiddens. not transparent.

- mirroring his hallmark constant so to not explore imirroring in -his- art would be utterly negligent evaluation

- regarding time in cave and disappearance for some 2yrs, they suggested more than just alien contact

- theres other documentaries on LDV i posted in this thread, to compare/supplement the AA view/presentation

- LDV had NO formal schooling, (cept art mentor) yet became such a disciplined scientist, inventor of his times

- he drew angels on assignment not own interest, based on that he used separate ink + church made him redo angelic piece(s)

- his inventions include vertical aircraft, mutibarrel machinegun, and even istanbul's golden horn bridge constructed in 2001 so his constructivity is alive and in use even 500yrs post mortem

- if one is interested in either Ancient Aliens and/or further into LDV, should see his other docs avail as time allows

- sucks theres a fictional popular book cashing in on him as namesake but confusing public's facts on LDV encryptions

hmmm, so what is Monalisa's distinct mild smile saying in terms of body language?

and what exactly is the or are the LDV Consipiracy(ies)?

"its a conspiracy!" Ancient Aliens wants to present LDV as a grand (alien?) conspiracy!.... those ET fear mongerers!

NOT. the conspiracies revolving around LDV are his life, his art, his ecryption of both writings & art, the most widestream popularly debated as a controversy/consiracy are Monalisa and the real woman that inspired her painting, and the symbolatry in her eyes, ie 72 in one, LV (his name) in the other some symbols.. and with last supper with mirroring theres clearly a woman and child.

but to me, the most intriguing, elaborate 'conspiracy' i would person attribute to LDV would be the Voynich Manuscript... to me it looks like his style of an encrypted Italian language, not some alien heiroglyphic stuff as seen in Sumeria and Egypt & and others' ancient scrolls. its such a giveaway but it seems theres too much conspiracy/controversy around that one and not enuf evidence apparently in AA's eyes to have mentioned the VM, if they did, i totally missed it. i wish they had though. he cataloged a whole manual of mostly fantasy species complete with scientific approach as if he indeed was studying a new planet (or continent, ie atlantis?) he had be transported to. *sigh* what great imagination and visions, alike.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Just watched it. They had some very interesting points, especially the paintings that had UFO's in them. But it kinda lost speed when they talked about time travel. "Maybe he wandered into this cave, and discovered a Stargate!". No, no, no, I don't believe he did. If he actually seen the future then he would have drawn stuff FROM THE FUTURE. IMO Da Vinci was just a genius that was well ahead of his time.

PS I believe in aliens

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
yea but they proposed time travel as well as alien contact, they didnt say he went into a cave and was transported to the future, period LOL

Originally posted by Quoop
If he actually seen the future then he would have drawn stuff FROM THE FUTURE.
PS I believe in aliens

furthermore, wow. really?? he would? and you know what he would do? see that's somethin AA didnt say, what he "would" do, for instance. they offered multiples versions of what may have transpired.

so he would in detail divulge future technology? yeah right! risk change the time continuum for future selfish fame just so ur name lives on, as if he wasn't already quite an intuitive prodigy & talented artist at young age from the get-go.

i dont buy for a second that he of all people would do that. and obviously, he didnt. but yeah i can think of alot of today's people(most) who would because they are so into themselves who would cash in on the future as well as ruthlessly divulge as much as can, in so many ways, all out of self interest not in balanced advancement.

if anything and all in all, LDV was indeed yea ahead of his times. just.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is rediculess, drawing conclusions from nothing. "Their is no record of him for a couple years"
HE MUST HAVE BEEN VISITING WITH ALIENS!!! BUM BUM BUM

He talked about a cave HE MUST HAVE TIMED TRAVELED BUM BUM BUM

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

COMPLETELY agree with you. It gets worse every time. First couple episodes were great, but after they covered everything, it started sucking miserably...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join