It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No licenses for Illegals in CA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
the definition of "illegal" please...

illegal - adj. against the law

illegal - adj. contraband, forbidden, illegitimate, illicit, prohibited, unauthorized, unlawful, UNLICENSED...

Hence, those that come to this country without proper authorization, documention, or prior permission...

Is this a clear enough definition for you?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Maybe in politics there is a different definition ...

"illegal" - not yet able to vote but by all means, make sure you cater to them so that when they ARE eligible they will be loyal to party X,Y,Z.

Jemison

LL1

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The definition was for those that do not know...
Some seem to thing "illegal" is okay...
I have posted the definition earlier in this thread, even gave examples.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I was being sarcastic in my reply. You had posted earlier a VERY clear definition of illegal and I was surprised that someone asked you again for your definition. I thought I would present an alternate definition that some politicians seem to use.

Ever notice how most Politicians refer to them as 'undocumented workers'? Most of the time they are too scared to refer to them as what they are ... ILLEGAL aliens. Kudos to Arnold for not being afraid to label them as illegal aliens.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1

That's alright, LL1. and I do apologise if i came off sounding condescending
I had not realized that you had also posted a definition of it earlier...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Illegal Aliens as far as the local Mayor is concerned:

(1) A person from central America mainly Mexico and El Salvidor or a person from northern South America and who resides in Texas without a green card, visa, or passport who comes to this country to his 18 year old friends house who was born a US citizen because his mother popped him out just barely on the right side of the border to live in this country on welfare and get free medical care, free schooling, and free everything else who will be able to vote because no one checks to see if the SS card he got for 200 bucks was real before the election.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
Everyone that is in this country illegally should upon discovery be transfered to an immigration faculty for a hearing to see if they can claim asylum or if no reason for that exist, be deported right away. NO exceptions.

I think every illegal alien should be given an exception, they should not be deported. They should be imprisoned and fined. After their sentence is up, they should be deported to their home country, and be forced to pay the fine and for the cost of prison up keep.

texasconspiracynut
if word got out that HPD was arresting illegals then the illegals would not call the police in case they were a victim of a crime.

Intersting dilema, one certainly doesn't want people to get hurt, and having an entire population of people not able to call the police wrt crimes just might be more of a problem than having illegals in the first place.

when a child is born here they are an American citizen. They are then entitled to an education

Yes, the children defintily have to be allowed to go to school.

jemison
They don't care that they don't have a license

If they didn't then no one would be having this discussion would they?

curme
Wouldn't it be a good idea, to have some kind of identification, such as driver's licenses, to track illegals?

Why would you want to track and verify the identity of people who are in the country illegally? Wouldn't it make more sense to throw them out?

curme
access to better jobs, easier to drive to go shopping at the mall or wherever.

Illegal aliens can't get better access to jobs because they are illegally in the country and can't get paid formally. Thats why illegals tend to work in, unsavoury, jobs. Because they aren't paying income taxes.

texasconspiracynut
Together they showed the DPS cop a SS card and what I think was a water bill.

If they have a social security card then they aren't illegals no? The water bill was proof of residence too right? Maybe I am not understanding, how did they get the SS card then? That's too bad about the work too, damned motor vehicles bureaus.

chuck stevenson
what would be 'illegal' about entering Mexico and shooting up a few places just for the fun of it?

uhmmmmmm

curme
Oh, that's only for our flag.

Ok, first off, there is no constituntional ammendment that prevents flag burning, and secondly, why the heck is it a problem that the US governement doesn't make it illegal to burn the flags of other countries in protest?

In NY, there was a recent row over this. The illegal aliens were protesting at not being allowed to have illegal licenses. In california they are talking about allowing legal licenses, but in NY they were protesting, not to be allowed to get legal ones, but that they should be allowed to keep their illegal ones!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
"If they have a social security card then they aren't illegals no? The water bill was proof of residence too right? Maybe I am not understanding, how did they get the SS card then? That's too bad about the work too, damned motor vehicles bureaus. "

Fake ss cards are too easy to get here at a cheap price and back then they didn't check them to see if they were real. A water bill is easy to get with the proper deposit. Utility companies don't care who they sell too. I don't know how the DPS does it now but at the time showing only two forms of ID and not checking to see if they were real made it every easy for illegals to get licenses.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If they have a social security card then they aren't illegals no? The water bill was proof of residence too right? Maybe I am not understanding, how did they get the SS card then? That's too bad about the work too, damned motor vehicles bureaus.

They purchase social security cards illegally. They do not use their social security cards to pay taxes, they use them to get benefits - things like a drivers license. As for a water bill, they don't need to prove to the utility company that they are LEGAL. The utility companies don't care if they are legal or not.

You mentioned that we should imprison them and then deport them and have them reimburse the cost of prison. Right now it is costing us a fortune to hold them in our prisons and I believe they are supposed to be deported when they are released but they don't do it immediately so right now Immigration can't even locate those that have been ordered to be deported.

I think our best bet at this point is to find an immediate way to close the borders so that no more can come in. Those that are here now need to be deported as they are discovered. The situation is totally out of control.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

um, and illegals should be in the country why? if they need a license for passport vacation reasons, they can always get a international one.

legal immigrants, with green cards, get the same one everyone else does. ILLEGAL, means they should be shipped back across. we have a amnesty program, we do allow immigration, but at some point we need to shut off the tap

Im wondering how at all illegal (note key word illegal) immigrants have any say on gov policies. boycott the boycotters.

Pretty much covers it for me....(you were looking for opinions, hence the brief reply).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join