It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wonderful Sun Halo with double Sun Dogs today..and a pic w/something else in it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is a picture of:

A. Current luminosity of the sun.
B. Chemtrails. Or contrails.
C. Nibiru.
D. A UFO.

On this site, could be any of those things.

I'd say a water drop though, anyways.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
my 2 optimization cents

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Your sensor in the camera is dirty. You need to have it cleaned if it's one where you can.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fr3bzY

ohhhhh it reminds me of those foo fighter orbs.

I wonder what this is? cool pic OP

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It definitely looks 3 dimensional.

Like a little planet. Perhaps all planets are spaceships?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wife saw same bright spot to left of sun yesterday. Only sky was mostly cloudy and the color was rusty looking.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

Pic with droplets on the lens, they look similar to the OP pic I have to say. Wish it was something more exciting.

Thats the effect when you take a shot with flash in the snow( reflection of falling snow particles)

The spot in the OP photos is a water droplet or water on the lens or filter in front of the camera
Dirt or dust on the sensor gives other effect.
This is an example of dust on the sensor.

These are examples from water on the front lens,( in this case on the filter i used)

btw.Nice halo, thanks for sharing

This might be plausible but his images showed up only after he enhanced the effects.
The same enhance effects need to be applied here to these shots and also why one droplet?

My biggest question: What is a Sun Dog?.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbandit
reply to post by Trublbrwing

It's Venus! NASA made the announcement last week that Venus can be seen with the naked eye beginning April 2, 2012. Not water spots, but Venus!

See my reply to OP for the link to the NASA announcement!

Love, Light & Peace!

I dare you to find or take a photo with a dslr showing Venus next to the sun during the daytime( the original photo was taken at around 16h as shown in the exif data).

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

It also shows in the original photo, the first one.

Sundog

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Beautiful picture but I have no idea on your object.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

www.fourmilab.ch...
this is during mid-afternoon but the one in the OP is much closer...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Interesting photo.Could be a number of things. It's a nice break from all the other garbage making the rounds today. Thank you for it.

The reason I'm replying to you is your avatar. "Buffalo 66". One of my favorite if not crazy movie's. I recommend it to anyone with a taste for artistic masterpieces.Best ending in a movie ever.
" I want a car that shift's itself." Classic.

edit on 9-4-2012 by mark1167 because: typo

edit on 9-4-2012 by mark1167 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
water

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow! What an awesome picture! My imagination is going wild right now! I know it's probably something simple. But, what if?!! Venus is in transit in June, so that would be my guess. But who knows! Great sun halo too. Saw a gorgeous moon halo not too long ago until the chem trails covered it up. Great pic!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Kinda looks like the moon to me. I've seen it out some times close to the sun. Sometimes it's visable sometimes not.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by factbandit

SO RELAX EVERYONE IT'S ONLY VENUS!!!!!

The object in the pic is too close to the Sun to be Venus. Earth, Sun and Venus today:

Where Is STEREO

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

An excellent shot of a dried booger enhanced by a really cool picture of the sun.

I could stare at it all day.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

My biggest question: What is a Sun Dog?.

Sundogs, sometimes called Sun Dogs, Parhelia or Mock Suns, are with the 22º halo, the most frequent of the ice halos. They are most easily seen when the sun is low. Look about 22° (outstretched hand at arm's length) to its left and right and at the same height. When the sun is higher they are further away. Each 'dog' is red coloured towards the sun and sometimes has greens and blues beyond. Sundogs can be blindingly bright, at other times they are a mere coloured smudge on the sky. They are visible all over the world and at any time of year regardless of the ground level temperature. In Europe and North America one will be seen on average twice a week if searched for.

Source: Atmospheric Optics

There is a more detailed explanation if you click on the link above, but sundogs are caused by sunlight shining through tiny ice crystals usually at relatively high altitudes, and the light being reflected/refracted back to the observers eye. They can be part of a simple (like this one) or complex halo display, but can also often be seen on their own, sometimes as a pair, but not always.

Here are a few of my own sundog shots:

This one is more like the "classic" sundog shape, and probably the brightest dog I have ever seen/photographed

Frequently, sundogs take on the shapes of the clouds in which the ice crystals reside, like the following examples.

As for the OP's mysterious anomaly, I'd have to agree with all who say water droplet on the lens.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakshowfatty

www.fourmilab.ch...
this is during mid-afternoon but the one in the OP is much closer...

When Venus is bright and far from the Sun in a clear sky, you can observe this planet in broad daylight with the unaided eye

It's also possible to photograph Venus in broad daylight. The photo at the top was taken at 14:30 Pacific Standard Time on March 13th, 1988, with Ektachrome 200 film through an 80mm Brandon apochromatic refractor with the image projected onto the film plane of a Nikkormat camera by a Brandon 20mm focal length wide-angle eyepiece

So far, I've failed to capture Venus through a normal lens when the Sun was unobscured in the sky, though I've taken several slides which, if summed, might possibly reveal Venus. The problem is that the image of Venus through a normal lens is on the order of the grain size of Ektachrome film, so it's hard to dig the image of Venus out of the random grain pattern of the resulting slides. Using finer grain films such as Kodachrome 25 and red filters which enhance the contrast of white Venus against the blue sky may help. If you succeed in photographing Venus in the daytime with a normal lens, let me know;

www.fourmilab.ch...
edit on 9-4-2012 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Thanks 'Alex'

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join