It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wonderful Sun Halo with double Sun Dogs today..and a pic w/something else in it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Pic with droplets on the lens, they look similar to the OP pic I have to say. Wish it was something more exciting.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't think that looks similar at all, to be honest with you. I've seen plenty of pictures with water droplets but the OP's picture actually looks like the object in question is solid, spherical, and incredibly real. IMO no sufficient explanation has been offered yet.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If its a dslr, my guess is sensor dust.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Looks like a droplet of water. Some say its not...but it looks that way to me.

Great pic of though!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Some kind of debris or liquid stained the lens. You can't see anything out in space in broad daylight except the moon in the afternoon because the atmosphere scatters light.

So if you were wondering....NO it's not Nibiru.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by westcoast

I took a pic here in CO a couple of years ago in IR. Same location by SOL, whatever it is? Has increased in size? Can I ask were you took the pic at?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Could it be Venus? Shot in the dark....

www.space.com...
edit on 9-4-2012 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

wots this gotta do with the post i clicked on. ATS is going down hill

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

Pic with droplets on the lens, they look similar to the OP pic I have to say. Wish it was something more exciting.

Thats the effect when you take a shot with flash in the snow( reflection of falling snow particles)

The spot in the OP photos is a water droplet or water on the lens or filter in front of the camera
Dirt or dust on the sensor gives other effect.
This is an example of dust on the sensor.

These are examples from water on the front lens,( in this case on the filter i used)

btw.Nice halo, thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

The Effects using flash on snowflakes and rain.
Looks similair to the one you posted

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
strange,cause here i have photos i took from sweden,and theres the"water drop let" in the same side you have it in your pic. and also have photos my sister sent me from brooklyn,ny from a few months backs,guess what,the same "water droplet but its on the other side of the sun.very persistent droplet. she took photos at diferent times and that drop stayed in the same place .meaning,as the sun rised it got closer to the droplet.i dont know how to inbed the photos in here.but they can be shown with some lessons,lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
photoshop photoshop photoshop photoshop photoshop photoshop photoshop

Sorry i could not restrain myself.......

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just to cause further speculation here...it would appear this cannot be a spherical object as its shadow in relation to the sun would be a black circle encasing the object...

But what if...the dark area or 'shadow' IS the object - which may have just broken the sound barrier.

This would explain why it isn't in the rest of the pictures, it moved too fast! This would also perhaps explain the lighter part of the object as the sound wave.

Again, just food for thought

And nice pic op!
edit on 9/4/2012 by L.A.B because: just because - yeah lets be honest water droplet ;P

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Unless (if it actually is a space object) it is actually on the further side of the sun....??

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

none of the examples you gave have the same aprearence as op photo or mine and notice how your examples usually are few yet in ours it is just one persistent circular one.clearly not the same similar to a degree but that explanation falls short.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

venus would be a better answer then the droplet,next time i will check with stellarium for locations.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

Venus?? did you compare the size of it with the size of the sun???

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst
reply to post by intergalactic fire

none of the examples you gave have the same aprearence as op photo or mine and notice how your examples usually are few yet in ours it is just one persistent circular one.clearly not the same similar to a degree but that explanation falls short.

I could show you a photo with just one circular droplet if you want.
The reason i posted these ones, because water drops can take different shapes and sizes.
And most of the time it will also show one darker side.
The smaller your diafragma is, the clearer the drop will be, if you would use a diaframa of f.2 the drop will appear like a big blurry dot.
The OP's photo is taken with f.10 which gave this size of spot.
I bet your shot will also be taken with a small diafragma, as you pointed your camera directly to the sun( if you shoot on auto mode)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Try this image, it's best i could find so far:

Venus traverses sun

Scroll down to - Venus transverses the sun (June 8, 2004)

Looks ver similar.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

similar to what?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join