It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a fair sum of money and want to use it wisely in regard to the soon to be financial collapse?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by closerseemsfurther

I'm trying to understand the timing of your adventure ? You think SHTF scenario is upon us and you're going on an extended trip for a year. You've got 30K now and will return with 100K and will being looking to set up your new survival home somewhere. If you really think SHTF is coming , why and the hell would you go travel overseas ? I like the trip you're planning, but will there be what you expected here, when you return ?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Swiss bank account.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I can sell you some clothes that will make you invisible when your wear them. Contact me if you are interested, about 75k is the limit though. Also I will not meet up with a potentially armed American buying this item clothing so online is the only option, hurry though as the 25% off sale ends next week.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
People have been screaming finanacial collapse since 2008 and I have yet to see anything bad happen. Everyone keeps on saying the system is going down IMMINENT, but then 6 months go by and things haven't changed one bit. Any country in trouble, gets bailed out, and will always get bailed out. The system isn't going to collapse any time soon, so isn't it time we quit the fear mongering and started living our lives? Our thoughts create our reality, if we are all focused on the system collapsing, it will eventually collapse, but if we enjoy our lives, and not worry about it, it won't happen, because we will always do what it takes to avoid it. So you have money, spend it on whatever you want to spend it on. Have you asked yourself this question, what happens if i spend all my money on a bunker food and supplies for a crash that doesn't occur? You'd feel pretty silly when it came time to pay your real bills. If the system crashes and money becomes worthless, it won't matter if you're prepared or not. Because it will affect everyone. Theres no amount of preparation you can do. All this preparing for the end of the world non-sense is getting out of hand. Would you really want to survive in a little underground bunker, where you can't go outside for however many years, eating canned foods, reading old books? For how long? What kind of a life is that? Is there a point in surviving a scenario such as this? If the end of the world occurs, its pretty obvious that we aren't meant to survive it. That would just prolong the misery, to emerge in a broken world, where there would be no food, no people, and no fun. Let nature take its course, don't try to fight it. The same goes with the financial system, you can't prepare for a crash tomorrow, next week, or next year. It's not possible. If you really want to prepare, then prepare mentally, because it is only your ego, that stops your ability to let go. Prepare spiritually, learn what you really are, and realize that everything happens for a reason.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
How about save it? How long do you really think that $130k will last for? Hardly a retirement fund.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by celerygeneral
Shilly Shillerson.

The title to your thread doesn't match the content of your post. It seems as though you just wanted everybody to know what you ALREADY plan on doing with your money. It also heavily sounds like a military ad... "Look how much the government pays me... tell me, sheeple, what ever shall I do with all this doe I'm rolling in?"

I don't think you're asking a real question. I think the thread was bait to get to talk about yourself or to get people on board with the military.

Just a hunch.

My girlfriend and I were browsing through these pages of nonsense when she mentioned something almost exactly to what you said in this post...

Another thought is there are people on this site and others that are hired by the military/government/private to gather information on us civilians... Where we plan on bugging out, what we plan on taking/buying/looting

edit on 9-4-2012 by AguyAndAgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Your only real choice is CD's until you know what you will be using the money for. If you want to protect against inflation, then Inflation protected Treasury's and floating rate funds are your best choices. They carry risk if your inflation bet doesn't pay off, but much less so than a basket of equities. I would be more concerned with preservation rather than growth until you know this money will be invested long-term (5+years)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
For 24.000 - 30.000 Euro in Romania you get a good house with own drilled well + 2600 sqm of land + 60 fully grown fruit trees, like this one:
www.romimo.ro..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.romimo.ro... edoara/Nojag/anunt-3789236.html
Being self-sufficient is still a pride and not considered terrorism

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm about to be made homeless due to redundancy, any donations are always welcome!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I thought the economy was getting better

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by closerseemsfurther

I don't know what to say to someone that is looking for an investment that does not involve precious metals, in easily recognizable form.

US pre '64 silver coins or "junk silver" are world recognized (no counterfeits) 90% silver, in small packages for individual purchases. Last I heard their value was 15x face value? A good investment even before the shtf.

If the stuff does hit the fan, then what you goinna do...pay 10,000 paper dollars for a head of lettuce, or one 1964 Washington quarter?

"Junk" Silver

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Learn card games. Gambling won't die an almost any situation.

Buy a laptop and play online while you travel. You got a good bankroll to start and learn. There is real money to be made.

Also I am sure you will meet some poker players on your travels in those countries.

Buy a bunker like on that american tv show, doomsday bunkers.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower
For 24.000 - 30.000 Euro in Romania you get a good house with own drilled well + 2600 sqm of land + 60 fully grown fruit trees, like this one:
www.romimo.ro..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.romimo.ro... edoara/Nojag/anunt-3789236.html

That seems like such good value. Shows how overpriced housing is in UK (I don't know about other countries?)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower

All that and neighbors waiting to take what they want from the rich foreigner.
I’ll bet the gun laws are not favorable to citizens. Not that they don’t have AKs left over from another era.

Bright idea.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I'm collecting disability for my injuries in the military... the entire trip is funded by sponsors, so I have absolutely no costs while I'm gone. By the time I leave, I'm hoping to have 40-50k put away... then add a year worth of disability.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Thanks for the really good advice. Alaska sounds like a pretty good option. I was also thinking about North Dakota... I don't think there's really anything of interest. Land, resources, no real threat from natural disasters, it's close to the border with Canada so I could always hop country if need be. It wouldn't be quite as cold as Alaska either!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Getting advice from a group of strangers doesn't mean I will immediately follow each piece given, step-by-step. I have spent plenty time considering my options and would like to hear what others think. That's why I tried to include, in my original post, as many details as possible concerning where I will and/or could be at any given time. There will always be things that each of us fail to consider, while others might consider that very thing first. It is wise to seek counsel with others, even if the counsel is not TAKEN.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Why in the world would someone fabricate a post such as this? I'm claiming no fame or special anything. Just seeking advice???

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by celerygeneral

What exactly from my post gave you the impression that I was garnering support for the military? What from my post gave you the impression I was attempting to boast of my own accord? In my post I stated that I discovered what our gov/military is REALLY all about and got out (coincidentally, with disability *wink wink*). No seriously, I do have a pretty screwed up back from being airborne, but I probably could have managed a few more years in if I was still blind and dumb and thought I was protecting ANYBODY'S freedom.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
water filters
ammo
seeds

or just invest in too big to fail banks, lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join