It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i saw a ghost while looking after a 900year old building as a caretaker !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This story i am about to tell you is a story of wot happend to me a few years ago while looking after this 900year
old building in england the west midlands.. My job as a caretaker takes me around the country looking after bars pubs as we call it in england , people wot i am about to tell you, has haunted me for a while and i wish to share this story with you all .

It started 2 years, ago me and my boss was sitting in his van ,on the way up the drive would take us about 4 hours as we were coming up from the south of england,jokingly my boss says this place your looking after is about 900 years old my friend he says.,i said really he says yeah. When we finally got there the manager met us, showed me around . i was then shown the gas boiler electric, storeroom rooms, which i must say this place was huge as i had a few buildings to keep an eye on. So after that we sat down with a coffee and then he said there is something i must warn you about i said nervously whats that, he said you do know that this place has many memorys , our last caretaker refused to stay here, i said really how come, he said the place is haunted and the other caretaker just refused to stay here after a week ..i said you need not worry spooks dont scare me so he said if you get any worrys then my numbers on the board over there just ring me anytime..ok i said will do..
So my people i said my farewells to my boss and the manager of the place, closed the door behind them locked up,i then unpacked my stuff and had another look around when i heard this loud slamming noise ...
just old wood i kept saying just old wood maybe a door keeps slamming maybe theres a window open somewhere .so i went around the building to find a draft or window left open etc. i found everything locked no probs there,it was a this time that i decided to use the toilet which was some distance from the main hall so i walked through the main hall which looked is basically a monastary part a great hall. well i went upstairs to the next level when i heard a allmighty knock at the door i ran downstairs to investigate when the banging on the big oak door was getting much louder..bang bang bang!!.. i shouted hang on . i opend the door to my astonishment there was no one THERE now people outside there is a moat and a great grass field stretching all around there would be no way i wouldnt of seen them . anyway i closed the door and went back upstairs to use the toilet whistling away when i was just about to open the door when i saw a pair of legs under the cubical ....i froze SOLID people sweat ran down my face ..i was frozen with FEAR when all of a sudden the cubical door opend i ran down stairs as fast as i could .. i froze in my room which was dark and dingy.. daylight came i rang my boss he laughed ..about it ..
i think it was 5oclock the next day i decided to go over to the other building as they had a modern bath installed and i could relax in the tub..so heres me running the bath i reached down to turn off the tap turned around and there was this woman just stareing at me i actually pissed myself with fright and passed out .now people i dont scare easy im black belt and a hard man and need to be for this job i do..but i was scared .i woke up picked myself up slowly froze a fraction and ran back to the main building..i stuck this out because the money is rather good and i sort of got used to this..strange i know.now people i was told the most haunted team have visited the place so i made it my buisness to watch it .if you havent seen it i dont want to spoil it for you but half way through it i fell off my chair and you will see why... and this episode will also give you some information about the place..

there is two parts people..
edit on 9-4-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

edit on 9-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Your story gave me the willies. I wish I had the cajones to stay in a place like that after such an incident.

I would like to have seen the first video, but for some reason it said "This video contains content from Living TV Group, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." I never knew they blocked things coming into the US before. The strange thing is that I was able to watch the second video. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Time to buy a HD video camera and record

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I also cannot view, unfortunately (not in the US). This is one of the creepier ghost stories I've heard before.

You know, I hold a degree in literature & writing, and when paid to do so, I can be the biggest grammar nazi you've ever seen. I just finished editing a PhD dissertation that will be published as a textbook...

And the comments about the OP's writing made me ill. Not everyone has a degree in diagramming sentences. That's what good editors are for. This is a public forum, not a publishing house. His story was quite compelling & the structure didn't matter. It was still very readable and interesting.

IOW: Y'all need to get a life. Take your bitchy somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

its off topic, criticisation of his grammatical structure has been posted, message has been relayed, lets get back on topic now, which is the haunting in question,

if you havent read it then realy theres no reason for you to be posting at all

reply to post by Schkeptick

part 1/5 told me it was blocked in my country also but parts 2-5 worked just fine, try em :p

to the op, i watched the 4 parts i was able to and im still uncertain which part made you fall out of your chair? was it the part were the phsycic pounted out where he thinks bones lay?

or was it the part where they said apparations have been seen in the bathroom? either way it doesnt seem like much to fall out of your chair over,

for one, their may not actualy be bones there, sure would like to hear if the spot was ever dug up or not,

two, the sightings of apparitions in the bathroom they reference may actualy be your OWN sighting, :p

if it was a different part then please enlighten me, what made you fall out of your chair?

otherwise good episode very creepy house, also very beautiful, i would love to live in that house, (after calling the ghostbusters first of course)

it seems the ghosts put on much less of a show for the people carrying cameras then they did for you, in such case, the owners ought to put up some cameras covering every single square inch of the property in HD detail, home security cameras realy arent that pricey anymore nowadays, and if whoever owns it was paying you so handsomely it should be nickles and dimes to them to afford it,

either youd have a house with a less impressive haunting, or you'd have some great photage, either way is an improvement

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

It is in the first part, people have been saying that they have seen a pair of feet under the toilet cubicle

i also saw this myself which was strange, that is what made me fall off my chair, when i heard other people mention it people who have been in the restroom area it should be on one of the episodes.

they also talk of the woman i also saw .

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
MUSEUM
The Manor House Museum

Tour guide staff at Sandwell's Manor House have been spooked by the latest ghostly apparition.The Grade I listed building in Hall Green Road, West Bromwich, dates back to the 13th century.

Caught on Camera - Ectoplasm
It is said to be haunted by three different spirits, including a bearded man and two young girls, who are said to appear on the kitchen stairs.

But last week the three regular tour guides were really spooked by the latest incident.

They were just closing up after the end of the afternoon tour and were alone in the building when they suddenly heard loud footsteps coming from the back of the main hall.

Fearing that there was an intruder in the building they quickly carried out a search but no one was there.

Guide Rachel Fenemer, aged 22, said: "Because we thought someone might still be hiding in the building I started to walk upstairs to check part of the building that is still under renovation and not open to the public.

"When I got halfway up the stairs a noise came from the toilet area.

"I went in to find the hand dryer on full and it took several attempts to get it to turn off. Yet it is the type that you have to put your hands underneath to make it work in the first place, but there was no one else in the room.

"The only other people there were the other two tour guides who had been downstairs the whole time. It was really spooky," she added.

Fellow guide Pat Smith said she had seen several spooky incidents at the house.

She said: "On one occasion we heard footsteps in the 16th century gatehouse. I went in with a colleague to investigate while another colleague stood by the exit to check that no one ran out.

"As we entered the second room there was an almighty bang on the floor and the floorboards literally jumped and so did we.

"We ran back the way we came and it was a good while before we dared check again," she added.

Over the years staff have reported a variety of mystery knocks and bangs, shadowy figures and footsteps that seem to follow them across the building.

Pat said: "Lights go on and off by themselves. I'm not frightened by it. It's something you come to expect working here.

"It's as much part of the building as the floors and ceilings. It's a really friendly welcoming building and I think the spirits are pleased to have us here and are happy with what we are doing," she added.

Sandwell Cabinet member for leisure services Councillor Linda Horton said: "We have known for years that Manor House is supposed to be haunted. These latest incidents just go to back up the theory. At least the ghosts seem to be friendly."

The Manor House Museum

Murder, grave robbing and insanity are all part of the story of this fascinating and unique building - the Manor House has seen it all.

Built by Richard de Marnham in the 1270s, The Manor House is now probably one of the most important surviving medieval timber framed buildings in the Midlands and the most recent building to become part of Sandwell Museum Service.

The construction of its great hall is thought to be the earliest of this type of construction in the country.

It was saved from demolition by the former West Bromwich Corporation in the 1950s.

The Museum had been a public house since the 1960s and when it first opened was an extremely prestigious venue, where footballers and VIPs would dine.

The building is now back in the guardianship of Sandwell Council and looked after by Sandwell Museum Service.

It is undergoing restoration and we are slowly turning the building into a heritage visitor attraction and for use for a variety of community projects and activities as well as weddings and schools sessions.

these are other peoples experiances as well..which makes it more spooky.these staff i know well as i have met them when they had a function on and needed access on certain days..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
the beginning of your story is almost word for word the movie THE SHINING, great movie,
cool story, well I would have waited it out as well, but I don't buy the 'psychic' guy in the
youtube video.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
the beginning of your story is almost word for word the movie THE SHINING, great movie,
cool story, well I would have waited it out as well, but I don't buy the 'psychic' guy in the
youtube video.

me neither i just mainly posted that so you can get a view of the place and a little mention from one the

public about wot i saw.. thanx

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join