It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we get a SHTF Daily Threat Level?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm talking about a worldwide SHTF meter. Allow me to hash this out..

SHTF Level Low- No current news pointing to the end of the world. No disclosure, no meteors, no big earthquakes, no volcanoes rumbling, no uncharacteristic civil unrest, no major saber rattling, no huge solar flares (you get the idea).

SHTF Level Guarded- Top news stories slightly suspect. NWO undertones, strange weather, earthquakes in odd places, slight surge in civil unrest, typical back and forth between certain countries. Things that have potential to elevate to...

SHTF Level Elevated- Top news stories worrisome. NWO plot obvious, die offs, severe weather (such as Dallas), EQ's of worrisome magnitude, escalating civil unrest (like what is happening right now, Tulsa) , harsh words between countries. One step below...

SHTF Level High- Breaking doomy news. Earthquake swarms near yellowstone. Rioting or civil war spreading. Terrorist attacks, serious war threats, acts of war, solar flare that could knock out all power, mega earthquakes, Mass die offs, contagious illness spreading quickly, 2012 Olympics, media openly talking about aliens, the list could go for miles...all things that lead directly to

SHTF IMMINENT- Civil war. World War. Mass power outage. Multiple mega earthquakes, Yellowstone highly unstable, Pandemic, Disclosure/Alien Invasion, Meteor on the way, NWO rounding people up on FEMA trains. Solar event confirmed and on the way, the entire day before when the Mayan calendar ends. Not a threat level to throw out willy nilly, the S is literally about to HTF.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Remember, your chances, even if the risk level is high, of getting attacked by terrorists is directly proportional to the national resources and population in your area.

Terrorists cause panic by destroying resources and taking lives. If they hit an abandoned suburb, they're not getting much done.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Very true. Just one factor out of many that could be considered. I am speaking of a 9/11 type incident, in which the attack spawned military action. This might only be something that occurred in America, but ended up effecting a lot of the world. I think in the 48 hours after (possibly more), many people felt the threat level to be extremely elevated out of fear that it would escalate into world war. This wouldn't be SHTF Imminent, but the level beneath. Great point.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
First double post ever.
edit on 9-4-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Surely some of our gifted ATSers can come up with a creative meter, with a fan at the top and a pile of doo at the bottom, and some kind of whirlwind .gif pulling the doo up and up ever closer to the fan? Maybe something like that frog in the blender that used to circulate virally? Come on ATSers, we need it, or however will we get through another day?

Maybe at the top you get a pic of Springer and S.O. swatting it back down away from the fan with flyswatters!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Today's SHTF Daily Threat Level is Chartreuse with a 30% chance of fallout.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Surely some of our gifted ATSers can come up with a creative meter, with a fan at the top and a pile of doo at the bottom, and some kind of whirlwind .gif pulling the doo up and up ever closer to the fan? Maybe something like that frog in the blender that used to circulate virally? Come on ATSers, we need it, or however will we get through another day?

Maybe at the top you get a pic of Springer and S.O. swatting it back down away from the fan with flyswatters!

I love it! Surely!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

This reminds me of my idea to build an inflatable dart board.

Problem was, it kept popping.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

This reminds me of my idea to build an inflatable dart board.

Problem was, it kept popping.

Nice

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

This system is easy to remember....
BTW, some adult language is used..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Can we get a BS detector too?

That way when someone makes a ridiculous thread, the more it is dissected and shown to be crap... the further to the right the needle goes?

I mean.. I think it's as good as a SHTF threat level.

What's wrong with the doomsday clock from Watchmen?

edit on 9/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The problem with the BS meter is that it would go off everytime Obama said something and we would wind up throwing it against the wall....

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I also remembered some kind of meter. Forgot what it was until I saw you mentioned it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by getreadyalready

Can we get a BS detector too?

That way when someone makes a ridiculous thread, the more it is dissected and shown to be crap... the further to the right the needle goes?

I mean.. I think it's as good as a SHTF threat level.

What's wrong with the doomsday clock from Watchmen?

edit on 9/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

I think you are right. Surely we can come up with one of those as well, perhaps an assortment of them next to the smileys for easy access.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hilarious!
Flag for you.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Well...my opinion is that it should stay red for at least a whole week.
What a wonderful idea...ATS really needs this sort of alert system plastered on their header, just so I can reassure myself and further my spending on useless post-apocalyptic 'investments'.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What if it just like happens all of a sudden? You know BAM! and its wide spread pandemonium.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
What if it just like happens all of a sudden? You know BAM! and its wide spread pandemonium.

ATS will be the first to know

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Look out things are looking kind of crappy today...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yes! But more colors, a rainbow of colors, but you are right...the poop definitely goes on the top.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join