It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we get a SHTF Daily Threat Level?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think it would be great if you could log on and instantly know what your chances are of facing an apocalyptic situation that day. I think a color coded system would be easiest to remember, Brown of course being SHTF IMMINENT. I guess you could really use whatever other colors you want.

I get a feel for the SHTF threat as I read through the threads of the day. I don't know about you guys, but it varies greatly from day to day. Today, I'm feeling an elevated threat level, somewhere in the middle, possibly slightly elevated.

Perhaps the Threat Level could come across on that nifty ribbon in a cute color coded little box. Something like this gem right here

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I don't need a paranoid meter or whatever it is you are pushing. No thanks.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Marrr because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2012 by Marrr because: editing requires editing

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Jesus. Christ.

link   
Love it! It can be like that doomsday clock that ticks closer to doom by the minute!

link   

my thoughts are that 'Terrorists' are mostly a fabricated thing by the US to get the public give up their rights for security. and that SHTF isn't exclusive to a terrorist attack. it can range anywhere between ET invasion, and natural disasters. so it's a little narrow minded, but the idea is good.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
With the amount of fear mongered on ATS on a daily basis, we'd constantly be on brown.

Very funny,

Love it,

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Narcissous

my thoughts are that 'Terrorists' are mostly a fabricated thing by the US to get the public give up their rights for security. and that SHTF isn't exclusive to a terrorist attack. it can range anywhere between ET invasion, and natural disasters. so it's a little narrow minded, but the idea is good.

Exactly, just an example

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Love it! It can be like that doomsday clock that ticks closer to doom by the minute!

YES SB,
perfect example.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

"Indian princess" in a "white trash fairytale".
Racism much?
I don't need a paranoid meter or whatever it is you are pushing. No thanks.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Marrr because: (no reason given)

I'm not selling magazine subscriptions dude, just asking an innocent question. Simma down.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
you could just maintain a thread having users post up to the minute SHTF info

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Well going by the day to day threads here, the risk is at Severe constantly.

Which makes all the other threat levels redundant.

edit on 9/4/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If this gets moved to the jokes forum, I totally understand.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I suggest consulting your Dr over strengthening your prescription. There isn't any need to make people more paranoid here than they already are.
As far as you posting my reply after I edited it in response to your editing of your post...
You have forced me into explaining myself to others reading this after your edit challenge.
After I noticed your location..."a white trash fairytale" and seeing your signature had to do with an Indian headdress, you were called out on it.
A nice little dirty trick you just tried to pull there, worse luck in the future to you.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just trying to make peace, dude. Much love to you.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I think its a good idea
this site is way to serious most of the time

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It's easy if you are basing it off of ATS members opinions.

You just put Threat Level Today: 0% and Threat Level Tomorrow 100%
No matter what's in the news, no matter what the circumstances (or lack thereof),
Over and over again, forever.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If we had something like this we'd be at red alert every 5 days or so just to move on to the next SHTF scenario. The last thing we need is a freak-out system. It didn't work for DHS and it won't work here.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
If we had something like this we'd be at red alert every 5 days or so just to move on to the next SHTF scenario. The last thing we need is a freak-out system. It didn't work for DHS and it won't work here.

It works for the doomsday clock, takes a lot to make that sucker move

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
First of all, because we at ATS know well enough that the greatest threat that faces any one of us at any given time comes from our own governments, and the mundane threat that any person anywhere faces, of robbery, of victimisation based on our individualities.

The truth is that at any one time, any group of people might be threatened by several incidents or prevailing circumstances at once. The same people who will be at risk from an asteroid impact, may also be in the middle of gang warfare, a military coup, and a missile strike from outside thier borders.

Then you have the other matter, how do you quantify threat, and are you talking about a world wide SHTF situation or a largely unimportant localised matter?

The devil is in the details. As always.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A long long time ago..

I can still remember when ATS had a mood meter..

Go to archive.org

type in abovetopsecret.com

Click the jan 31 2004 option to see the vintage mood meter near the top of the page..

never had any luck linking to the wayback machine

edit on Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:23:44 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join