It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contagion (2011)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Watched this last night. Anyone else see it?

It wasn't all that bad of a movie. But, be prepared for disappointment. I think they left some things unanswered throughout, and then by the end of video, it's like they explained it all away in one shot. The movie started off good, but I think it would of been a better movie had they not left out crucial elements to it.

I want to know how the guy thought that [drug] was supposed to be the cure?
Why the doctor injected herself and was she immunized?
Why did the lady run off in the airport? Was it to inject herself with the cure, or to notify the people she was working with?
What was the point of the pregnant lady?

What did you guys think of this movie?

edit on 9-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I watched it a few weeks ago, it was pretty good up until the end.
you're right the rushed explanation of the virus kind of ruined it.
is it just me or does matt damom look fat?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

He's aging.

Maybe they'll make a part two.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Watched this last night. Anyone else see it?

It wasn't all that bad of a movie. But, be prepared for disappointment. I think they left some things unanswered throughout, and then by the end of video, it's like they explain it all away in one shot. The movie started off good, but I think it would of been a better movie had they not left out crucial elements to it.

I want to know how the guy thought that [drug] was supposed to be the cure?
Why the doctor injected herself and was she immunized?
Why did the lady ran off in the airport? Was it to inject herself with the cure, or to notify the people she was working with?
What was the point of the pregnant lady?

What did you guys think of this movie?

edit on 8-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I liked that movie. It tried to depict different aspect of what would happen in a true pandemic situation as realistically possible.
Jude Law's character was picturing a sensationalist conspiracy theorist who fundamentally had a noble goal of informing people but also tried to profit from it. No proof was ever made that the drug he was advocating was a liable cure...that was his personal conclusion.

the doctor injected herself with the cure to use herself as a guinea pig because the situation was getting desperate.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I watched it a few weeks ago, it was pretty good up until the end.
you're right the rushed explanation of the virus kind of ruined it.
is it just me or does matt damom look fat?

I think Matt Damon bulked up for The Informant role. It's possible this was filmed between the time that role ended and when he got back to fighting weight. I'm betting the director had to take some things out so the movie wouldn't run long. Used to be you went to a theater for a 2-3 hour movie, then everyone complained it was too long to sit through, so now most movies are anywhere from a little over an hour to an hour forty-five. Personally for me, the longer the better. At least, that way I feel I'm getting my money's worth.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I thought it sucked.

I saw it at the cinema here in Sweden last year, and seriously wanted my money back :p

top topics

join