It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney's Delegates and a Question:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Te'o Fuavai AS- represents Vaifanua County in the Senate

Victor Tofaeono AS- Local GOP Chairman, He is the Principal Investigator for the American Samoa Community Cancer Network

Amata Radewagen AS- Senior member of the Soman RNC

Betsy Werronen DC- Committeewomen Washington DC

Jesus Torres GU- Executive Manager of Guam International Airport. RNC Senior Chairman

Peter Ada GU- media consultant

Donna Jones GU- Lawyer

Patrick Brady IL- Physics Professor

Richard Williamson IL- VP Sales - Food Ingredients at Sargento Foods

Dee Dee Benkie IN- Indiana National Committeewoman

James Bopp Jr IN- Conservative Indiana Attorney

Richard Bennett ME- President and Chief Executive Officer of The Corporate Library, LLC/ Main Committeeman

Jan Staples ME- Main National Committeewoman

Bob Maginn MA- Bob serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer at Jenzabar a dotcom startup. Bob runs The Jenzabar Foundation, whose goal is to recognize and support the good works and humanitarian efforts of student leaders and others serving others across the local and global community

Ron Kaufman MA- Former White House Political Director and Massachusetts Committeeman

Kerry Healey MA- Healey is currently the President of the Friends of the Public-Private Partnership for Justice
Reform in Afghanistan (Friends of the PPP), a non-profit that assists the PPP in providing LLM scholarships and Rule of Law training to Afghan lawyers at US law schools. In 2009, Healey partnered with Ambassador Swanee Hunt to co-chair the Political Parity project. This nonpartisan initiative works to increase the number of women in high-level state and national political offices, through programs including the Media Accountability Project and the Women’s Appointment Project. She currently serves as Foreign Policy Coordinator and Special Advisor on the
Romney for President Campaign

Henry Barbour MS- Partner at Capital resources, Executive Director, Governor’s Commission on Recovery, Rebuilding, and Renewal, Mississippi National Committeeman, Republican National Committee

Errol Galt MT- National Committeeman Montana
Gov. Benigno R. Fitial NM- is the current governor of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands en.wikipedia.org...

Bo Palacios NM- National Committeeman

Viola Alepuyo NM- Public Servant

Robert Asher PA- He is the Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors of Asher’s Chocolates in Pennsylvania and also serves as Pennsylvania's committeeman on the Republican National Committee. Convicted of Conspiracy in 1987

Zori Fonalledas PR- Chairwoman of the campaign in Puerto Rico

Luis Fortuno PR- governor of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico

Carlos Mendez PR- www.goppr.org...

Joseph Trillo RI- www.rilin.state.ri.us...

Mark Zaccaria RI- www.politifact.com...

Herbert Schoenbohm VI- State chairman Virgin Islands

Holland Redfield II VI- National Committeeman RNC US Virgin Islands

Lilliana Belardo De O'Neal VI- Committeewoman RNC US Virgin Islands

Donna Lou Gosney WV- National Committeewoman, WV Republican State Committee

Jim Reed WV- National Committeeman RNC West Virginia

Greg Schaefer WY- National Committeeman RNC- Wyoming

So since Romney has these people ultimately and undeniably tied to him, at this moment in time, what makes you think that others Romney has courted will change their minds for a last place candidate that. Romney's super delegates are a well rounded list of Government insiders, media people, and everyday businessman. This is expected. It's how politics works.

Now, Ron Paul on the other hand has one. I am sure you all know that he is AJ Spiker. If you didn't know. I am appalled at you so-called Ron Paul supporters for not knowing at least that! Mr. Spiker is of course Iowa's GOP Chairman. Something of a government insider? Anyway, he has something to explain as well. As he doesn't seem to be supporting Ron Paul anymore at the moment. theiowarepublican.com...

So I ask you this, why would all of these people suddenly change their minds and vote Ron Paul? These people are saying that the race is over. They have pledged full support for Romney and I believe there is no way they can change their minds and go for an even lesser option such as Gingrich or Paul who has less of a chance and even less money to defeat Obama.

Trust me. Romney is IT
edit on 8-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Sadly i agree. Romney will be picked and lose to Obama. If money is whats at stake then Obama for the win, cause he has 2 x the money the romney camp has.

by the way, you didn't stick to your:

From here on out Ron Paul will forever be He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named in my posts!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
Sadly i agree. Romney will be picked and lose to Obama. If money is whats at stake then Obama for the win, cause he has 2 x the money the romney camp has.

From here on out Ron Paul will forever be He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named in my posts!

haha I know. I have been away from here for awhile mainly to get away from the flood of Ron Paul posts that were gathering around ten posts every time I logged on. two months or so ago. Now, it seems they have all flocked away or are not as vocal about him, cause they know he is losing.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

haha I know. I have been away from here for awhile mainly to get away from the flood of Ron Paul posts that were gathering around ten posts every time I logged on. two months or so ago. Now, it seems they have all flocked away or are not as vocal about him, cause they know he is losing.

Even the man himself has slowly gone away. Like the media says he hasnt nothing to lose and romney and santorum arent afraid of him cause he hasn't won a d**n thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I still have confidence that he could steal it at the convention. His campaign seems confident enough. So I suppose I can be too. We will find out eventually.

If Ron doesn't get the nomination we will also find out if he runs independent.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Game, set, match. The elites win again.

How refreshing to know all the debate here on ATS and everywhere else was in vain. It was all for show.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
I still have confidence that he could steal it at the convention. His campaign seems confident enough. So I suppose I can be too. We will find out eventually.

If Ron doesn't get the nomination we will also find out if he runs independent.

Regardless he wont be the GOP nom, but i do think he will run independent. Kinda like oh whats he name...Perot i think, or something across those lines.

and sadly unless there is one hell of a uprising , independents never win.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ron Paul still has a fair chance of getting the nomination due to his delegate strategy, something the other candidates where slow to grasp, thus loosing alot of delegates to Ron Paul. Also even if he doesn´t get the nomination, staying in the race is very important for the publicity he gets riding the republican train. This publicity will make him well known come the elections, where he will of course run 3rd party VS Romney and Obama, where both republicans and democrats can finally vote for him without any silly rules of being registered to the party etc, which is currently barring many voters from even being able to vote for him as a republican. (Since you have to switch partys some time before to be eligible)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Was listening to a radio talk show a few weeks back. Someone called in to share a dream that a friend had concerning the results of election 2012. I thought it was interesting enough to remember.

Ahem...

Romney/Huntsman 15% of popular vote

Obama 40% of popular vote

Ron Paul 45% of popular vote

Obama wins election due to delegate vote. Massive rioting occurs in major population centers across nation. Special notice is given to St. Louis. National guard is called in to control rioting. FEMA camps come into use.

Imagine that!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

such as Gingrich or Paul who has less of a chance and even less money to defeat Obama.

Thats because they aren't supported by the banks. Even though Newt is a elitist.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Romney is a pathetic candidate. Period.

If he is the best the GOP can do, then they can all go rot in hades.

I loved how he, as governor, refused to spend $40K on an elevator for the handicap in a state building, but then he has no problem spending $26K to lobby his state government for a permit to put in a CAR elevator in one of his mansions.

He is an out of touch, elitist, bank-loving JACK***.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Seems like the OP is little more obsessed with Ron Paul then he cares to admit. 99% of all his posts are related, someone needs help.
edit on 9-4-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
No state that has held it's primary has had more than 35% voter turnout, that means 65% of the register voters didn't vote in the primarys in their states..
35% equals 100% of the votes counted, so if a candidate gets 50% of a vote in a state primary that doesn't
even equal 20% of that states voting population.
Delegates are non-committed that is why they have a convention.
The whole process may be corrupt , but we won't know the results till the convention.
Romney may be the republican candidate, but he will not be elected president.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
Seems like the OP is little more obsessed with Ron Paul then he cares to admit. 99% of all his posts are related, someone needs help.
edit on 9-4-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

From my time here at ATS, I have made 168 threads ten of them are about Ron Paul. Not 90%. And out of the 800 posts that I have mad on this website. only 191 of them were about Ron paul or were in topics about him. So I think you need take a step back and look at your own posting before you go and criticize me and spew out sensationalist remarks like the one above.
edit on 9-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is almost the same as your previous thread, claiming that Paul has ultimately lost because GOP insiders still support Romney, and still hate Paul.

Though now you are admitting that the Super Delegates are GOP insiders, and because of that what they're saying is very clearly biased opinion, as the GOP has been trying to push Romney since day one, you're still ignoring the fact that Romney simply doesn't have the delegates to win the nomination on his own. You can go to Wikipedia to find the count for the pledged delegates (hell, even wikipedia is using Projections for those delegates!) that are currently held by the candidates. You will see that Romney doesn't even have a majority of those, not to mention that Paul's showing in the unpledged delegate count is only likely to lower Romney's total percentage.

Unless Romney can start pulling in landslide victories in primary states, and even in caucus states,he isn't winning anything with only his delegates. We're likely to see more than one round of voting at the convention this year.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkinin

No there is a difference because the question I am asking is what makes you think all of these so-called GOP insiders will choose Ron Paul?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

No one ever said the GOP insiders would choose Paul, in fact it's a certainty that they won't. It's not necessary to have the favor of the Super Delegates to win the nomination, as far as I know. So long as Romney doesn't get 50% of the total delegates it doesn't matter if he has most of the Super Delegates, he won't be able to win the nomination, at least not with only his own delegates. Or is there a hidden rule stating that only the opinion of the Super Delegates will matter at the convention?

top topics

join