It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

transmition of live space missions contradiction.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

ok so if the first apollo missions didnt use satellites to communicate to the moon, but just on earth to the space station. then i still dont get how the delay on the conversations of the apollo 11 were so quick. have you ever seen cnn, the delays are so noticible and yet they are so close to each other compared to the moon and look at todays technology. its just something that dosent seem right and without a full detailed explanitation on why i just cant believe at this moment.
but my friend thank you for your time, and enjoy searching for truth. peace

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by m.red

The time lag in transmission is clearly audible when listening to the tapes of the actual mission.

It was equally audible on the radio and television when people heard and watched the landing back in 1969. I was one of those people, so I can testify that it was there. It was even remarked upon in news broadcasts.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by m.red
reply to post by spoor

ok so if the first apollo missions didnt use satellites to communicate to the moon, but just on earth to the space station. then i still dont get how the delay on the conversations of the apollo 11 were so quick. have you ever seen cnn, the delays are so noticible and yet they are so close to each other compared to the moon and look at todays technology. its just something that dosent seem right and without a full detailed explanitation on why i just cant believe at this moment.
but my friend thank you for your time, and enjoy searching for truth. peace

Well, this is a basic "strawman" argument. There could be any number of reasons for the delays between correspondents on the news channels. But that hardly constitutes proof that there should have been longer delays in Earth/Moon communications. By the time of Apollo 11 a lot of brilliant people had confronted those problems and come up with some brilliant solutions--one of which was to minimize the delays as much as humanly possible. But the delays are still there. There's nothing odd or conspiratiorial here--in my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, I should say.

I was around at that time and followed the Mission to the Moon from Kennedy's first mention of it until its eventual end. I find nothing in any of it that's either more nor less than was claimed.

But good try....

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
m.red, the youtube link you provided was to edited footage. Several clips are shown out-of-sequence. The entire conversation between the ground and Mike Collins between 0:15 and 0:37 was edited to eliminate the delay between Houston and Columbia. On the unedited audio, the gap between "Columbia, Columbia, this is Houston. AOS; over." and "Houston, Columbia on the high gain. Over." is 55 seconds.

You can watch the unedited clip here:

www.youtube.com...

Remember that, since this was recorded on Earth, there will be no speed-of-light delay between the astronaut saying something and Capcom responding. You only get it when Capcom speaks and the astronaut responds.

Between 0:34 and 0:37 on your clip (3:24 to 3:27 on mine) there is an important audio artifact. Sometimes the voice of the Capcom on the astronauts' speaker was loud enough to activate the astronauts' voice-activated microphone ("vox"), When this happens (and it was pretty common on all of the missions) you could hear an echo of the ground transmission coming back from the Moon.

In the segments above, you can hear Capcom Bruce McCandless (who later became a Shuttle astronaut) say, "They've got the flag up now and you can see the stars and stripes on the lunar surface." and then it gets echoed back. I picked a distinct sound - the "st" in the word "stars" - and measured the delay between the transmission and the echo. You can try it yourself. I did several times, and came up with an average just under 2.6 seconds.

Now then, at the time of the Apollo 11 EVA, the ground station where the signals were transmitted and received in Australia (Parkes & Honeysuckle Creek - not a satellite!) was ~382,000km from the Moon. That times two (round-trip distance) is 764000km, divided by the speed of light (~300,000km/sec per your link) gives a delay of 2.55 seconds - Which is about what I (and you, if you try it) measured.

So, m.red, despite its shortcomings, the youtube link that you provided - coupled with the additional links you referenced...

PROVIDES SOLID EVIDENCE THAT THE APOLLO 11 ASTRONAUTS WERE ACTUALLY ON THE MOON.

Thanks for playing!
edit on 9-4-2012 by Saint Exupery because: fixed link

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by m.red

The time lag in transmission is clearly audible when listening to the tapes of the actual mission.

Exactly. The conversation is being recorded on earth, so the delay is in the astronauts responses, not in Houston's responses. Houston responds right away when they hear the astronauts, the reason for this should be self-explanatory. The delay on the astronaut side is very real though; sometimes they start talking (often to each other) before Houston's transmission has been received and you can hear the echo of what Houston just said in feedback through the astronaut's mic. I've been watching all of the Apollo 15 footage and it's actually a rather frequent occurrence. Not only does this prove there was a delay in the communications, but you can actually use the delay to measure the earth-moon distance over time during the longer later missions and actually measure the eccentricity of the moon's orbit. It's yet another piece of evidence that we really did go to the moon.

*Just saw Saint Exupery beat me to it and even found an example from this very clip, well done.
edit on 9-4-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

thank you for that explanation. with a little more research and help from you guys i have managed to gather enough information to reasonably convince myself that the audio is legit. my personal journey is to find my answers not impose them.
peace.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by m.red

Very classy response. So often the hardcore hoax believers base their beliefs on politics, rather than evidence. Politicians didn't build Apollo - Guys like me did. Politicians killed Apollo... We built the road to the stars and those cynical, short-sighted bastards threw it away.

It's refreshing to see someone who seeks the truth of mankind's accomplishments, instead of tearing-down the achievements of others to boost their own sense of importance.

Thanks.

Let me know if you have more questions.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by m.red

Want to know who I respect more than guys like Phage who have a very solid understanding of things? Guys like you who are simply out to learn the truth, wherever that journey takes them. As was mentioned, pure class.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by m.red
reply to post by Saint Exupery

thank you for that explanation. with a little more research and help from you guys i have managed to gather enough information to reasonably convince myself that the audio is legit. my personal journey is to find my answers not impose them.
peace.

Very thoughtful and mature. There's nothing wrong with changing your mind as new evidence presents itself. Thanks for the intellectual honesty....

<< 1   >>

join