It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea rocket launching soon. Is it a test or a missle? Also, what if NK, Iran and others decid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is a long shot but i say what the heck. I know Japan is watching it and so is south korea, and of course the mighty USA. Let's say tho, this "space rocket" isn't a space rocket and a missle aimed somewhere? Could it be some sort of false flag operation intended to strike South korea or japan or you know the mighty USA.

New leader says if it shot means war, and yes i know they say that alot.

I don't know and would like thoughts of fellow atsers what they may think about this?

Where do you think they would hit, and if it is nuclear smart idea to shoot it down?

S Korea news

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has ordered his troops to bury enemies at sea if provoked, Pyongyang's state media reported, amid tensions over his country's planned rocket launch.

S Korea news 2

AP

Fox news

CNN

and honestly and i might recieve backlash for this, but if the North koreans are doing this for peacefull purposes. Why dont they join up with iran and russia and china and just throw a nuke at Isreal and a few at the US just like the Us did to japan and boom no more issues with the us. With that said the allies couldnt do much with out the mighty USA behind them

* I wish no harm on anyone from any country , I live in the US and would hate for something to happen like this. *

What do you guys think would it be as easy as that or not?

JOD

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Why dont they join up with iran and russia and china and just throw a nuke at Isreal and a few at the US just like the Us did to japan and boom no more issues with the us. With that said the allies couldnt do much with out the mighty USA be

LMAO!!!! I dont think they are stupid enough to bring a butter knife to a gun fight

edit on 8-4-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Like father like son, eh? What a shame. I doubt anyone will shoot it down. Last time they launched a missle it went right over Japan and no one did anything.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Why dont they join up with iran and russia and china and just throw a nuke at Isreal and a few at the US just like the Us did to japan and boom no more issues with the us. With that said the allies couldnt do much with out the mighty USA be

LMAO!!!! I dont think they are stupid enough to bring a butter knife to a gun fight

edit on 8-4-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

Would there still be a fight if they wiped us out?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's a rocket, not a missile.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I don't get it, since when is North Korea not allowed to test missiles or put satellites into orbit? Countries just need to mind their own damn business. If the missile would travel over another countries air space then go ahead shoot it down. People just so hell bent on war they look for anything to start one.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
It's a rocket, not a missile.

If you ask the US they say the *rocket* is a cover up for them to test a long range missle. I am going on what I have been told by my lovely American Media.
edit on 9-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Watch next Friday.I think interesting time's cometh.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I would say that if it is for peaceful reasons, maybe they should let people from the worried nations come see it, then if it is just a weather satellite as they state, we should try a different approach and encourage them to launch it to help with their farming so they can start growing their own food. It could possibly change how we treat each other. Of course I doubt that would happen and it could easily lead to war.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
FFS, I've said this in a million threads, there is no difference between a rocket intended to put something in space and missile carrying a warhead. The only difference is the payload and where you aim the damn thing. Is it part of their space program? Yes. Is it a missile test? Yes. There is no bloody difference. I can use a hammer to build a house or I can cave in your head, but a hammer is still a hammer.

As for missiles going over other countries, there are two directions in which you launch satellite carrying rockets: to the East (In NK's case that takes it over Japan) or to the South (Over Australia). All nations with space programs do it. You want to know why? Look it up, it's not hard.

I'm so tired of these NK missile threads; nothing but fear-mongering and bigotry by a bunch of bloodthirsty, jingoistic idiots. Find a better excuse to start a war, like NK's human rights record for example.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orwells Ghost
FFS, I've said this in a million threads, there is no difference between a rocket intended to put something in space and missile carrying a warhead. The only difference is the payload and where you aim the damn thing. Is it part of their space program? Yes. Is it a missile test? Yes. There is no bloody difference. I can use a hammer to build a house or I can cave in your head, but a hammer is still a hammer.

As for missiles going over other countries, there are two directions in which you launch satellite carrying rockets: to the East (In NK's case that takes it over Japan) or to the South (Over Australia). All nations with space programs do it. You want to know why? Look it up, it's not hard.

I'm so tired of these NK missile threads; nothing but fear-mongering and bigotry by a bunch of bloodthirsty, jingoistic idiots. Find a better excuse to start a war, like NK's human rights record for example.

whoa. Calm down. I am not fear mongering. I am simply asking what if's? Look i dont agree with America policing the world. Its not our job and they can't use the excuse that well we need to make sure we are safe. All I said what if Nk and other countries that the USA wants to control decided to just "hiroshima" America.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Apologies if I came on too strong, my comments aren't directed at you particularly, your post is rather tame compared to others I have read. I'm just quite frustrated at all the attention this launch is getting on ATS and the mainstream channels. There's a new thread every other day and it's always the same thing; Should we allow this? Should we shoot it down? Should we hit them before they hit us? What is their problem?

There are very good reasons NK's launches take them over Japan or Australia, they are not being provocative, it's science. To read some of the threads on this site or watch the news, this is always spun into a de facto act of war. Two minutes of independent research would inform people otherwise, but most just seem to swallow it whole and are quite happy to have a reason to start a war and be able to say "They started it!". What happened to "Deny Ignorance"?

As for your OP on this being a potential surprise nuclear attack, I suppose it's possible, but so improbable that the threat is virtually non-existent. What would NK gain by launching one primitive warhead at a country in the Asian-Pacific region? All they would get in response is swift annihilation. Doesn't seem like a very smart move to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I was going to start a thread but since you beat me to it...here are some updates.

New sat images and close up...

www.space.com...

and the plan.

Now we wait I guess...see what really happens!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thanks for posting those pics, they illustrate well the nature of equatorial and polar orbits. I can't help but shake may head when people freak out "ZOMG! they are launching stuff over x country!!! How dare they!". The earth is round, they go over lots of countries...In fact I'm pretty sure there are many foreign satellites making passes over NK as I type this.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
Why dont they join up with iran and russia and china and just throw a nuke at Isreal and a few at the US just like the Us did to japan and boom no more issues with the us.

First, there is no reason to believe that Iran has any nukes yet. I think we can safely take them out of the group.

Second, even if Russia and China launched everything in their arsenals, they can't take out all of our subs. Just one sub is capable of completely destroying either China or Russia.

A Russian and/or Chinese launch would not be the end of issues with the US, it would be the beginning. It would, however, be the end of issues with humanity on the planet. So, the real question is: Would Russia or China launch a preemptive nuclear strike? The answer is: no. For the same reason that we will not launch one: It is all but quaranteed that it will result in the complete destruction of the human race.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"It involves a missile, whichever way you look at it," Sen.Jim Webb (D) of Virginia, who sits on the Senate's foreign relations committee, said in Tokyo last week, adding that it comes "at a time when we were testing the intentions of the North Korean regime. There were negotiations tied to food aid and a clear understanding that [there] not be this kind of activity by North Korea." Japan has taken a particularly dim view of the launch, threatening to shoot down the rocket or its fragments if it veers into Japanese territory. While doubts exist over its ability to shoot down the rocket, Japan has deployed ground-based Patriot Advanced Capability-3 interceptor missile defense systems on and around the southern island of Okinawa and in Tokyo. The Defense Ministry has also sent three Aegis-equipped destroyers carrying sea-based interceptors to the East China Sea.
reply to post by babybunnies

Rocket and missile seem to be used in all the stories...I don't think it really matters what it's called, but what it really is.... NK says it's a boom box for propaganda radio, an observation Sat, a weather Sat...so what the heck is it? It is supposedly long range capable of reaching the US (6400 miles)...Low Earth Orbit Sats only go 250 miles up?

top topics

join