It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Sergeant's Obama Insults on Facebook Could Lead to Discharge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Marine Sergeant's Obama Insults on Facebook Could Lead to Discharge

This case highlights the deterioration of the Freedom of Speech and Privacy in America,
coupled with endless Internet Copyright laws and bills that the government keeps trying to pass.

I think our Freedoms are being attacked! Is this country still a Democracy?
I don't see the public demanding for the internet to be censored, or for our very speech to be censored, I don't see the public demanding the government and corporations to invade our privacy.
Shouldn't the government be trying to protect our privacy?

I think this country is turning into a Dictatorship!!!
Our Freedom of Speech is being attacked, and also our Right to Privacy.
The TSA is molesting everyone from age 1 to 80, with added Full Body X-Rays, Employers are Demanding people's Facebook passwords, Internet Service Providers can now spy on your internet connection and traffic.
And who knows what they are doing with your telephone conversations

Just look at the current Caucus and Primaries, where Ron Paul is ignored and they all conspire against him.
Who the hell is this nobody Mitt Romney? Ron Paul has been around for decades and has the support of 99% of the population.

Anyways, I think our Freedom of Speech and Privacy is under attack.
All of the sudden it is illegal for a member of the military to criticize the government!

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjSuperman
All of the sudden it is illegal for a member of the military to criticize the government!

Been that way for a while. If not illegal, highly frowned upon. Free speech doesn't exactly exist in the military.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think, no, I know that no military personnel should be saying anything about their commander-in-chief. I don't care if it's Bush, Obama, Clinton, Regan, Carter, Lincoln, Washington, etc. Enlisted individuals are bound by a proper set of rules and within those rules one can undoubtedly find the required respect and obedience to superior officers and commanders. This is such a non-issue that it's hilarious.

Contrary to popular belief, your Constitutional rights stop applying when you enlist or are on military property. So many people don't understand this that it's baffling. Don't like it? Don't enlist. If you can't keep your mouth shut and take orders, don't enlist. You're free from that lifestyle if you choose to be.
edit on 8-4-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I think, no, I know that no military personnel should be saying anything about their commander-in-chief. I don't care if it's Bush, Obama, Clinton, Regan, Carter, Lincoln, Washington, etc. Enlisted individuals are bound by a proper set of rules and within those rules one can undoubtedly find the required respect and obedience to superior officers and commanders. This is such a non-issue that it's hilarious.

Contrary to popular belief, your Constitutional rights stop applying when you enlist or are on military property. So many people don't understand this that it's baffling. Don't like it? Don't enlist. If you can't keep your mouth shut and take orders, don't enlist. You're free from that lifestyle if you choose to be.

Obama is not the commander and chief. He is a usurper and not eligible to be the president. I answered to officers in the military as well. They were officers, but clearly not superior to me...(smile) At least now these current soldiers know how to get out of the service quickly! Hahahaha.....diss the usurper!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
How can ANYONE not say anything bad about Obama? I’m sorry people (military or not), It’s unavoidable.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Here is whats baffling those that take an oath to protect and defend the constitution are not even afforded the rights it illustrates. Just goes to show how ignorant people are signing up for a corporate entity masquerading as forces of the several states and signing away their constitutional rights while swearing an oath to protect those same rights. Baffling indeed how ignorant and stupid people can be....

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Here is whats baffling those that take an oath to protect and defend the constitution are not even afforded the rights it illustrates. Just goes to show how ignorant people are signing up for a corporate entity masquerading as forces of the several states and signing away their constitutional rights while swearing an oath to protect those same rights. Baffling indeed how ignorant and stupid people can be....

I agree,
When justice only applies to the few (mostly the poor and powerless) it is right, but yet it doesn't apply to everyone in the nation as a whole,
This kind of thinking only leads to Tyranny!!!
edit on 9-4-2012 by DjSuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSuperman

in my country, a lot of people whose family members insulted the government lost their job. they were not military, or anything like that. it's just that an egocentric delusional leader takes things too far. apparently our owners don't like to be dissed

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I ever got caught making disparaging remarks on Facebook regarding the CEO of the company I work for, you bet I'd be terminated within the week..

top topics

join