It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Plans 3rd Nuclear Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea appears to be preparing for its third underground nuclear test even as it presses ahead with assembling a long-range rocket for its planned launching of a satellite this month, a South Korean government spokesman said Sunday.

North Korea has been hinting at a possible nuclear test for a month,” said Park Yong-jin, a spokesman for the opposition party. “We wonder why the National Intelligence Service was highlighting this to the people and news media now, only three days before the election.”

www.nytimes.com...

They're hyping up this launch with anything they can throw at it.

Last launch in 2009 was a complete fail, so we were told, so there was no need to shoot it down.. but this is Un's first real test, so anything could happen. (His real first test was supposedly to command the attacks on the desputed Korea island last year.)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well it looks like the same old N.K inspite of the new Kim.They are ready to break like a 2 week old treaty to NOT test bombs or missile systems for food.I guess they didnt need the aid for the peopl.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I really don't get North Korea. They seem like a global troll. Perhaps if they stopped wasting so much money on a ridiculous military they could have a nice economy, the people in power could gain more wealth, the people could be well fed and maybe join the rest of us. I don't get their endgame... Troll America for food aid that they probably don't give to the people? If they would just knock off the BS I think they could make some easy coin farming out labor to US companies. Seriously what is the point of their nonsense?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

North Korea has been hinting at a possible nuclear test for a month,” said Park Yong-jin, a spokesman for the opposition party. “We wonder why the National Intelligence Service was highlighting this to the people and news media now, only three days before the election.”

From the linked source in the opening post...

What is also interesting is the above quote. Why indeed is it something that was saved for discussion mere days prior to the election? IS this S. Korea manipulations as well, to influence voting behavior?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If they do it and I'm at home instead of the customer site, I'll try to post the yield as we get the estimates from 'a national lab'. It'll be about 2 weeks ahead of what you hear on the news.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I really don't get North Korea. They seem like a global troll. Perhaps if they stopped wasting so much money on a ridiculous military they could have a nice economy, the people in power could gain more wealth ....

That's a comment more fit to describe the USA, although if one were to say this about DPRK it would be more factual to say they are an "Eastern troll".

... and maybe join the rest of us.

DPRK wants sovereignty, they do not want to become a slave of some foreign dictatorship that plagues military bases all over their soil for "national security interests", to abuse and steal their natural resources, and give nothing to the people in return.

If DPRK joined what is called "the international community" nothing would change except for the face of the leader, being that of a western puppet.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
so does this mean we are getting close to the Ed Dames kill shot North Korean "Nuke Test?

edit on 8-4-2012 by SkipperJohn because: to insert video

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

DPRK wants sovereignty, they do not want to become a slave of some foreign dictatorship that plagues military bases all over their soil for "national security interests", to abuse and steal their natural resources, and give nothing to the people in return.

So perhaps they should sell the natural resources that they seem not to use, keep their sovereignty and help the people. I doubt the people are doing well considering the 'govt.' is always trolling the US for a handout. They would have no enemies if they quit the blustering BS. I am so irritated with my govt. for giving North Korea (or as you know them DPRK) money. We should just fly a quick sortie over the place, kill your dear leader and let the people rule. If North (or Bad) Korea doesn't want to join the international community that's fine I suppose. I'm sure the people feel differently or are brainwashed into thinking everyone is the enemy. When you play with nukes, and want ICBMs you join the international community by default. We (the West) need to stop playing ball here. North Korea needs a spanking, far more than anyone in the middle East.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
so does this mean we are getting close to the Ed Dames kill shot North Korean "Nuke Test?

I'm voting for "dud #3" personally.

Even though they bought the design, so far their execution of it has been...lacking.

We ought to have an ATS bomb yield pot. I pick "5kg".

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

had the same thought... it's quite eerie to listen to this guy and see the history unfolding. You can reassure yourself by thinking that the odds of North Korea making a nuclear test were high.
remember what were the preceding events?
-shot across the bow solar event
-fungus in the corn fields
-japanese tsunami
-North Korea H bomb

First off, in the video, they say something like "at the time North Korea had zero nuclear capability and the notion that they would use a nuclear weapon as an act of war was widely believed to be absurde."
I mean really??? I believe NK has always been suspected to develope nuclear tech so that's already dubvious.

Also they are supposed to "pop a nuke in anger"... so if it's just a test it might not be it.

Anyway there still is this last event to happen right after the bombing if you follow the quite vague scenario offered by the viewers... the "space shuttle" type craft forced down by a meteor shower...
they say it is very similar to the US manned space shuttle and is a spy vehicle.

if so it could only be the Boeing X-37B...

Boeing x-37B

keeping an eye on this baby

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The Associated Press was among foreign news agencies allowed a firsthand look Sunday at preparations under way at the coastal Sohae Satellite Station in northwestern North Korea

ca.news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

join