It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is killing all of us

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's not killing me! I don't take it!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I no longer have any doubts at all about the dangers of high fructose corn syrup. This topic tends to go way above my head at times, but I wanted to point those with an interest to check out this ATS thread from January, The Coca Cola Conspiracy. Inside this thread you will find the following 90 minute video

In a special event hosted by the County Office of Education on March 24, 2011, Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, in the Division of Endocrinology Director of the Weight Assessment for Teen and Child Health (WATCH) Program at UCSF, speaks about the role of sugar and the contribution of biochemical, neural, hormonal, and genetic influences in the expression of the current obesity epidemic both in children and adults.

If you do not have 90 minutes to watch this video (I suggest you make the time), but here is a much more condensed version that is 11 minutes long and does a very good job of explaining what is in the 90 minute video above.

Like I said this goes way above my head at times and I have watched both videos at 6 times so far.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I agree that HFCS is the worst yet. Next is sugar. Next is raw sugar. Next is honey then raw unfiltered unpasteurized honey. Honey? Yes.

Of all the animals in the animal kingdom, the bear that eats honey is the only one with problems with its teeth due to eating the honey. It is better, but in the end, if you eat too much of it, it will cause the exact same problems.

Bottom line: stop eating the good tasting junk food, no matter what it's sweetened with, and you'll live longer and healthier. End of story.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by holywar666

The stuff's been known to triple the cancer rate on tested lab rats. I'll try and get some info on that

Perhaps something peer reviewed in a scholarly journal...

OK...

Scientist Prove High Fructose Corn Syrup Risks
www.thekitchn.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage

Originally posted by unityemissions
Carbs.

You want carbs, not sugar of any kind.

That is all..

How does that work?
Sugar is a carb.

That is all...

Sugars are carbs.

Not all carbs are sugars.

That's how it works.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i am so sick of this bad tasting product it ruins so many foods.
i blame the midwest corn lobby for putting high tariffs on sugar so that it is too expensive for cheapskate companies to use.
and the hypocrisy of the free trade midwesterners and the republican party for making those tariffs is truly sad.
not that there is any free trade or free market but really corn syrup leaves a bad taste in my mouth on all levels!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

That is why I hate these commercials...Sugar is Sugar

Due to a rapid decline in sales, the Corn Refiners Association has petitioned the U.S. Food and Drug Administration asking that manufacturers have the option of using "corn sugar" as an alternate name for high fructose corn syrup on product labels because "corn sugar" more accurately describes the composition of the ingredient.www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
When you think about it during our evolution we ate meat, nuts, fruit, and other plants as our mainstay for millions of years. This is why meats and fats do not need insulin to process as does sugars. Complex sugars needed very little too, and we didn't eat much of it so we were balanced. If you look at how short of a time (few houndred years) that we have transferred 80 to 90% of our foods into simple carbs and sugars that our bodies just have not had the evolutionary time to compensate for and so we get fat, get cardiovascular disease, get diabetes and so on.

In other words our bodies just can't handle the crap we put in it now...

edit on 9-4-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Male rats in particular ballooned in size: Animals with access to high-fructose corn syrup gained 48 percent more weight than those eating a normal diet. In humans, this would be equivalent to a 200-pound man gaining 96 pounds.

Forget the 200 lb man, what about a 10 year old kid? Commercial space is constanty filled with wacked out subliminal fast food/ soda commercials. Dare i bring up McDonalds "I'm lovin it"? phrase.. You love your dog not your damn cheeseburger and sprite.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

You simply can't tell people what to do and what not to do. This is what regulation is. If you come to my house and tell me this I will punch you so why do you think I will allow it from my government any longer?

I put into my body whatever I damn well please because I own it. I can't believe you think we need even more regulations when if anything we need less! People need to feel as though they are respected, not dictated to.

There is a huge difference between regulation and education.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Someone posted something that i totally agree with, it's not the sugars themselves , it's that since it's cheap it's in EVERYTHING and we're getting large doses of it as a result and it's really not too difficult or expensive to get off processed stuff

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
dont touch the stuff,.
but,. intelligence does run in my family.. jus sayin.
I lernt that a long time ago

I'll bet your arms are killing with as much as you just patted yourself on the back.

To the OP: No. It's not.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

I don't like your name because it makes me hungry now!
(though of course I'm not being serious about hating or disliking your name but it has made me hungry!)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
I agree that HFCS is the worst yet. Next is sugar. Next is raw sugar. Next is honey then raw unfiltered unpasteurized honey. Honey? Yes.

Of all the animals in the animal kingdom, the bear that eats honey is the only one with problems with its teeth due to eating the honey. It is better, but in the end, if you eat too much of it, it will cause the exact same problems.

Bottom line: stop eating the good tasting junk food, no matter what it's sweetened with, and you'll live longer and healthier. End of story.

And who wants to live such a dull and bland life? I'd rather die.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadank
You guys should also be aware that 90% of corn and soy is GMO. This means almost anything "mainstream" that is eating is GMO + HFCS + Food coloring, preservatives, msg, etc.

I took out boxed/preserved food from my diet over a year ago, limiting it to only items i am at least 90% sure are made in a process that I myself could recreate. I've also taken domesticated meat out of my diet, did that 6 months ago, because most of that becomes processed as well(Red slime anyone?)

I used to eat out a few times a week, now I cook most, if not all of my own food. However, it is difficult to find a good quality source to purchase food from, especially in Las Vegas. It's all imported here, or processed.

I can't #ing believe we're talking about food on a conspiracy forum, but this is exactly how I believe a lot of people will be brought into this world. Because people know what healthy is and isnt, and what the government help's sustain as an industry is not healthy.
edit on 9-4-2012 by dadank because: (no reason given)

I cant believe i am resPonding to you because you seem smart

Bud-- it IS a conspiracy

Not just hfcs and msg but the wheat and multigrain push for 20 years is 110% a scam too

Wheat bread will spike your sugar more than snickers bars

The wheat bread is killing peoples insulin cycle daily and the usda is fine with it

Google wheat belly book honestly cant believe people here dont get it yet

Anytime you spike your sugar you are stopping your body from burning its own fat for energy

And carbs directly convert to fat and are acidic so stored away from organs around the belly

Beer belly is nothing to the massive effect of wheat belly

Most people have no idea as evidenced by this board

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
And who wants to live such a dull and bland life? I'd rather die.

You WILL die! But first comes the expensive surgery's where they slice ya up & claim to "fix" you.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It doesn't matter where the sugar is coming from. If you don't clean out the filter(exercise) the motor will break down.
The percentage of our diet that comes from any sugar compared to how much exercise we get is the problem.

www.ajcn.org...

sb

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
When you think about it during our evolution we ate meat, nuts, fruit, and other plants as our mainstay for millions of years. This is why meats and fats do not need insulin to process as does sugars. Complex sugars needed very little too, and we didn't eat much of it so we were balanced. If you look at how short of a time (few houndred years) that we have transferred 80 to 90% of our foods into simple carbs and sugars that our bodies just have not had the evolutionary time to compensate for and so we get fat, get cardiovascular disease, get diabetes and so on.

In other words our bodies just can't handle the crap we put in it now...

edit on 9-4-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

There is a reason many fruits or sweet veggies are seasonal

As soon as you spike your sugar level in your blood you have told your body to store what u eating as fat

Period

Especially as you get older many of you young ones will finally get

Insulin resistance from too many carbs will take years to show up and even if your metabolic type runs well on carbs i guarantee your hormone levels like t or e will be slowly screwed up as well

There is much more to the story including the lack of minerals in the dirt vs decades ago

I see all these things 100% as a slow kill profit center for the elite now that i seriously did the d

U saw them sell pink slime to kids for decades!!! Case closed

Get off their food pyramid

Its ponzi and fraud of the cabal kind

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I lean towards libertarian as well

But that is meaningless when you have a whole system rigged to slow kill people

Monsanto and big pharma and the usda-fda compex have been decieving people for decades

Where is the justice and accountabilty???

Every system and mode of production out there is rigged to hurt people and enrich insiders in the end

Monsanto is even trying to stop vermont from mandating gmo labeling

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Its not all doom and gloom though. Drink water and stay active; it will save your life. A fast flowing river doesn't dam up easily. Sitting around feeling helpless and sorry for ourselves is what will kill us faster then any junk we eat.

sb

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join